[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>remove stick of RAM >Memory performance increases. Explain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (5KB, 157x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 157x144px
>remove stick of RAM
>Memory performance increases.

Explain.
>>
The bits and bytes tracel through all ram sticks before they get settled on the correct one.
That's why you should go for 1 big stick instead of multiple smaller ones.
>>
>>59412641
This

I used to buy like shitty 2gb rams but then I realized you can get 64gb ram sticks

It's fucking 2017 and the average game download is like 30gb yet people still live with four 2 GB sticks??
>>
File: krabs-meme-th.jpg?itok=q17Ija1l.jpg (38KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
krabs-meme-th.jpg?itok=q17Ija1l.jpg
38KB, 480x251px
>>59412641
>>59412708
>>
perhaps your ram size differs and it works in a single channel
>>
>>59412599
>Explain.
Frequency?
>>
>>59412641
>>59412708
RIP dual or quad channel
>>
>>59412599
>157x144
STOP SAVING THUMBNAILS YOU STUPID FUCKS
>>
>>59412599
The eletrons can get confused with more ram sticks. Sometimes it was going to the first one but it misses the way and lands on the second one. This way it has to return to the fork point, analyze the flow of the other electrons and change routes. In extremely rare occasions it may go back to the PSU, which at best will produce coil whining, and at worst, it can make it explode, possibly ruining other parts of your build.
>>
>>59412599
Your CPU has to do double work for each stick you add.
1 stick = dealing with 1 RAM worth of work
2 sticks = remembering 2 places your data could be
4 sticks and you might as well just use swap space
>>
File: 356475.jpg (26KB, 480x519px) Image search: [Google]
356475.jpg
26KB, 480x519px
One possible reason: if you have three fast sticks and one slower stick, all four will run at the speed of the slower one.
>>
>>59413455
Bullshit at its finest
>>
Either the stick you removed was lower frequency or your memory controller is fucked.
>>
>implying using quad channel ram doesn't improve parallel computing performance

Get good scrubs, you know nothing.
>>
>>59412708
>fell in 64GiB meme
>>
Because there is more bus spaces available? How the fuck do you expect me to know?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.