[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these the thinkpads of the cooking world? Why has cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: we-also-sell-lodge-cast.jpg (39KB, 550x287px) Image search: [Google]
we-also-sell-lodge-cast.jpg
39KB, 550x287px
Are these the thinkpads of the cooking world? Why has cooking technology not surpassed cast irons?
>>
>>59410731
Certainly seem like thinkpads; need maintenance but you can do it yourself, they seem to get better with age, legacy compatibility, in a pinch you can use one as a weapon, but unlike a thinkpad, it's an indicator of someone who's not a virgin.
>>
>>59410731
pro ckfgt here, only good when properly seasoned cleaned and maintained. not the greatest for eggs and other foods that need that extra "glide". Will last forever but long time use on gas burners will bow the skillets.

I use Lodge and Nordic with Nordic Procast skillets for my dedicated egg pans.

They are making strides with coatings and sandwiched bottom materials to try and get the durability and even heating of cast iron without the hassle.
>>
>>59410835
lodge vs nordic who is better
>>
I'm happy with my cheap ass no sticks.

>can abuse it to my hearts content
>few drops of soap and a minute later it's squeaky clean
>doesn't need maintenance or leaving days old disgusting oil to "season"
>$10 and it'll last me a year at least, $100 lifetime if I'm lucky
>>
>>59410860
>be cuck,use cancerous coating to cook your food

>scared of carbon coating,on a cookware that can outlive you
>>
>>59410731
>Why has cooking technology not surpassed cast irons?
Do we still not have programmable ovens?
>>
>>59410860
you sound like you use a metal spatula on them too
>>
>>59411138
>use teflon
>use metal spatula

cringe
>>
>>59410858
Depends
Nordic if you dont want to fuck with it, good pans, durable coating. procast is 1 piece easy to clean with no rivets or little edges.

Do you mind frying pork fat just to season your pan, scrubbing a hot pan with salt to clean it, stacking your pans with paper towels between them to have a beast that'll outlast a 7970? Lodge except egg pans

>>59410860
you couldn't be more wrong. high heat searing burns up the coating quickly, you have to use silicone utensils as even plastic will scuff the coat over time. don't like broiling or flambe' cooking either. usually have riveted or screwed handles that get loose over time. A decent non stick is fine for the majority but they are no way a durable pan.

Pots and dutch ovens: enamel cast, double wall stainless or stainless/copper, I use S/S and S/C
Searing pans and griddles: Cast Iron all the way, 1 piece coated cast aluminum if you want ease of use
egg pans: 1 piece cast.
since 4chan, Woks: Hand hammered or spun carbon steel, needs care like cast iron but reacs to heat much faster. Cast and stainless woks are too heavy, take too long to heat/cool and transfer more heat to the sides making them unsutable for traditional stir fry cooking.
>>
Only on /g/ will you fuckers find anything to be fucking snobby hipster faggots about.

>Not using copper like evolved patrician life forms
>>
I use a big heavy cast iron pan at least a few times a week. That said, cast iron sucks. It doesn't conduct heat well so you get hit and cold spots, it can never be as non-stick as teflon, you can't cook anything acidic like tomatoes because it will strip off your carbon coating, and it requires almost constant care.

And yet a still return to it constantly because of its ability to hold heat and for how good it is at crisping things.
>>
Cast iron is superior because the more you use it the better it gets because it captures the flavors BUT IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO CLEAN you literally need to do a fucking ritual in order to clean it and I don't have neither the patience or time to do that every time I want to cook.

This is why I use stainless steel appliances I can happily throw them in the dishwasher after use, that means more time to shitpost on my mongolian puppeteer forum
>>
Stainless steel master race. Just be careful when cooking and stuff doesn't sick.
If it does, just scrape it off with a scourer.
There's no anti-stick coating to worry about, there's no rusting, it's durable and not particularly heavy since it's not a giant lump of iron.
>>
This isn't /ck/ but how to strip down a cast iron without lye/oven cleaner? I only have a oven and a metal wood burning stove to heat up the pan.
>>
>>59411434
Electrolysis
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.