[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro mac hardware thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: macosxlogo.gif (3KB, 73x97px) Image search: [Google]
macosxlogo.gif
3KB, 73x97px
Got 10.3 running on my ibook G3, so I can post from it now
>>
>>59409528
>not 9.2.1
>>
>>59409528
You could've posted from Mac OS 9

>>59409540
>not multi-booting
>>
>>59409556
>You could've posted from Mac OS 9

How??? I thought Classilla couldn't post here.
>>
>>59409684
I've posted from Classilla before, there's a JavaScriptless captcha
>>
>>59409766
Classilla's bastardization of NoScript just confused me. I must have forgotten to try completely disabling JS instead -- that's what I had to do for it to work here in Safari.
>>
File: fruity toy.jpg (106KB, 882x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fruity toy.jpg
106KB, 882x1280px
>>59409528
I got a clamshell ShitBook recently myself, pairs nicely with my Compaq clone I just fixed up.

>>59409684
Nah, you can. It's just a slightly inconvenient because you have to copy post numbers to quote, but not really a big deal since you're copy/pasting shit for meme arrowing anyway.
>>
>>59409928
That's the very same model I'm using. Actually, the reason I only now installed OS X is because I just finished disassembling/reassembling it to swap the hard drive for an SD card adapter. These things are pretty seriously overbuilt, so it's a long procedure.
>>
>>59409528
is that you daruga? hello smokers.
>>
>>59409959
Overbuilt indeed, but surprisingly brittle. Watch the leaf on the logo, when that thing inevitably drops as the shit-tier chink glue finally gives out you'll want to get shit back otherwise it will look like shit.

10.3 sounds a little lame on one of these though, I like 9 better anyway since I can use most of the stuff from the Garden without feeling like a tool using classic mode all the time. Plus I'm rolling it back to the stock 32 MB of RAM.
>>
>>59410020
What's some of the stuff you run on 9? I pretty much just poked around at the handful of old games I remember.

Also I've already re-glued both logo pieces with some shit-tier glue of my own. The pieces had fallen out in shipping, and luckily I didn't lose them.
>>
File: shitbook-stack.jpg (191KB, 1280x963px) Image search: [Google]
shitbook-stack.jpg
191KB, 1280x963px
>>59410279
Mostly just random """productivity""" shit and toy software, plus a game or two. Potato related. I originally tried to kit it out as a typical consumer system but it's pretty much my main OS 9 portable until I get my hands on a 400 MHz G3 PowerBook to complete the set.

>Also I've already re-glued both logo pieces with some shit-tier glue of my own
Excellent, you're already way ahead of me.

Mine came out in the car and I about shit myself, the next day I found it neatly in the middle of my seat and glued that shit back in immediately.
>>
>>59410793
xD
>>
>>59411420
>replying to literally the weakest bants on the site
/g/ baitposting is pathetic desu
>>
>>59411461
What better way to bump a thread than by replying to shitty bait?
>>
File: 1486165862762.gif (332KB, 620x446px) Image search: [Google]
1486165862762.gif
332KB, 620x446px
>>59411466
that really causes my neural cells to depolarize by opening gated channels in the membrane and passively diffusing potassium ions out of the cytoplasm down its concentration gradient leading to a sequence of action potentials to stimulate in accord with long term potentiation pathways developed through the release of serotonin at key moments of sensory input
>>
I have a Powerbook G4 Aluminum. Sucks that it can't run Mac OS 9. I can downgrade it to 10.4 and run Classic Environment, but it's not the same thing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.