[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when Gnome reinvented the Windows Registry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Gconf-editor_on_Ubuntu.png (70KB, 710x579px) Image search: [Google]
Gconf-editor_on_Ubuntu.png
70KB, 710x579px
In 2013?

Honestly this gconf/dconf shit is a nightmare. You guys complain about systemd and it's binary logs? What about Gnome and it's BINARY CONFIGURATION FILES?

It's like they looked at the Registry (which is basically a shittier version of /etc/) and decided to recreate it on Linux. Fuck I hate the Gnome project.
>>
>>59409421
Unlike Gnome, systemd is the big nigger dick on campus that's fucking everything.
>>
File: spongebeb.png (62KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
spongebeb.png
62KB, 288x162px
gnome cant even numpad with changing settings in a program you have to download unless you can imagine computers.
>>
>>59409711
Nigga what
>>
>>59409421
>2017
>using gnome
Kek, who cares about DE which requires third party programs to change GTK style?
>>
>>59409722
thats my mistake. i said...
>cant even numpad with changing
when i meant
>cant even numpad withOUT changing
>>
That's what you get for not using Lumina DE.

>That glorious Qt without KDE boat.

Literally the best of both worlds.
>>
>>59409771
>change GTK style?
i fucking hate nu-gtk
>>
File: why.jpg (28KB, 485x500px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
28KB, 485x500px
This is what happens when you spend the majority of your budget on affirmative action programs instead of on developing your core product.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/gnome-bled-dry-by-outreach-programs/

http://voxday.blogspot.co.at/2015/09/more-social-justice-convergence-in.html
>>
>>59409882
It's like KDE not being able to change Qt style. Gnome is hitting retardation levels that shouldn't be even possible.
>>
File: twenty-five-percent.png (55KB, 1156x306px) Image search: [Google]
twenty-five-percent.png
55KB, 1156x306px
>>59409907
Wow, I always thought that this was hyperbole, but you're right. 25% of their expenses in 2012 was spent on Womens outreach.
>>
It's ironic that they're trying to compete with windows by becoming windows.

Bu then again freetard software is nothing but 3rd rate copycats of proprietary software.
>>
>>59411793
Honestly, Gnome 3 is so bad that I actually ended up switching back to Windows. I was a full time Linux user, and then in the space of like 6 months Gnome 3 AND Unity both happened.
>>
redpill me on gnome and what is the best DE to use? I am currently on f25.
tilenniggers stay out.
>>
>>59411894

Gnome and Unity are the only feature complete uis. Xfeces shills and general poorfags would reccomend something else
>>
>>59411894
>redpill me on
go back to /pol/
your kind isn't welcome here
>>
>>59411894
openbox + tint2 or lxde if yuo're alzy

gnome is not that bad and very useful imho thanks to the overview and stuff but that womyn outreach god danm
>>
>>59411939
Mate is pretty much Gnome without full blown retardation and cancer
KDE is equally feature complete as Gnome and Unity
>>59411894
Window Maker and GNUStep
>>
>>59411958
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: rossmann_repairs.png (272KB, 601x1016px) Image search: [Google]
rossmann_repairs.png
272KB, 601x1016px
>>59411958
because everyone who was ever on /pol/ is a nazi

don't get me wrong, a lot probably are
>>
>>59409848
Lumina is just a retarded sibling of LXQt
>>
>>59411939
Uh, cinnamon..?
>>
>>59409771
thought that was always a thin with linux
haha
so it seems that software is getting shittier across the board whatever the os or de
>>
>>59412176
rossman is a fucking stereotype

always complaining jew, who is weirdly built, owns a small business and thinks in shekels
don;t ge me wrong, i like him, but damn

reminds me of snot from american dad
>>
>Honestly this gconf/dconf shit is a nightmare.
If you're a brainlett, sure.

The whole reason Windows (and even GNOME, KDE, Enlightenment, etc caught on eventually) use binary/registry config is because they have a shit load of options that need saving and accessing fast, databases are so much faster than text files that it's not even funny.
>>
>>59412498
>vertically wasted pixels

i'll pass
>>
>>59412680
If you mean vertical spacing, that's up to the theme you use. If you mean vertical placement of panels, it is supported now.
>>
>>59409421
the irony of this is it is used to randomly do random shit in xfce, mate and other DE's yet it only sometimes does shit. it's such a fucking mess

that's why I stick to KDE and possibly cinnemon at least they aren't back-fuck ass words
>>
>>59412020
mate is fucking horrible and causes so much fucking UI errors with libreoffice it's unbelievable. don't fucking advertise it. I put it on my aunt & cousin's machine and had to go back to KDE it fucking destroyed their shit
>>
>>59412693
Show me your terminal window and I will show your vertical wasted pixels.
>>
>>59409907
>http://www.zdnet.com/article/gnome-bled-dry-by-outreach-programs/
>Begun in March 2010, GNOME's Outreach Program for Women (OPW) is a twice-yearly interning program designed to increase contribution from people who identify as women and are newcomers to the world of free and open source software (FOSS).
>who identify as women
>identify
So it isnt just affirmative action for women, but M2F trannies too. Ironically they dont give a fuck about F2M trannies.
>>
>>59412646

They get off and feel smart for parroting bold opinions. They have no idea what they're talking about. To them it feels good having something to say about technology, because it makes them feel like they have knowledge.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.