[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Check dependencies >systemd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: download (3).jpg (4KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4KB, 168x168px
>Check dependencies
>systemd
>>
File: 1292908816894.png (51KB, 564x821px)
1292908816894.png
51KB, 564x821px
>>59409053
>using a distro with systemd
>>
>>59409053
>>59409248
>>
>using linux

miss having friends?
>>
>>59409248
I use gentoo (with openRC) but the systemd cancer is virtually everywhere.

I use Ubuntu (hence systemd) for normie use on my uni-shitbox tho.
>>
>>59410185
Funtoo has systemd free gnome fork and
drops support for systemd
>>
>>59410336
>gnome
Might as while run systemd
>>
>>59410336
What's the reason to install funtoo rather than gentoo?
>>
File: systemd vs sysv.png (413KB, 1616x3708px) Image search: [Google]
systemd vs sysv.png
413KB, 1616x3708px
>>
>>59410375
I don't know about sysv but systemd is virtually trying to do everything. As you "ironically" says, muh minimalism is not systemd priority. Plus it is written in C which is not as practical as scripting languages that are easily modifiable.

Not to mention systemd dev don't give a fuck about stability.
>>
>>59410375
DELET
>>
>>59409053
>mfw Lunix has become more like Windows over the years, except that it has only copied the bad things.

>mfw lunix is trash
>>
>>59410475
Fucken binary blobs. Fucken systemd. Fucken NVIDIA firmware.
>>
>>59409053
It's fine

>>59410348
I'd much rather run systemd than Xorg
>>
>>59409053

I know the feeling friendos. I have been on mint cinnamon for the past few years.

Got the balls and bandwidth to try a few slackware live usb distros like alien bobs and porteus just because: system d

BUT THEY DONT BOOT ! WTF

does slackware not do efi ? literally the only distro that wont boot on my MBA. Help.
>>
>>59410677
As opposed to what, Weston?
>>
>>59410888
I'd rather run gnome with wayland and have to use systemd than avoid systemd and be stuck with X.
>>
>>59410375
Nice nitpicking of a source code.
>>
>>59410920
>>59410920

This is why Sytem D gets all the hate.

an init system and a display server should not be exclusive. Its against the UNIX philosophy.

also if you actually read the snowden documents the only *nix/bsd/oss operating systems they did not have backdoors to were the ones that did not use System D
>>
>>59409248
At NASA we usually include systemd in our custom gentoo builds. It just makes everything much easier.

Easy network setup, easy service enabling/starting, etc.
>>
>>59410475
Poettering is trying hard to turn Linux into Windows
>>
File: costanza.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>59410375
>comparing a shell script to an .INI file
>>
>>59410369
they are pretty much the same what with portages flexibility

it comes down to which devs you like the most
>>
>>59411126
>also if you actually read the snowden documents
WHERE
>>
>>59409053
>Check dependencies
>systemd
It means its shit, don't install it.
>>
>>59410375
>.INI file
>No 800,000 lines of C
lel
>>
>>59410375
Once again, this fucking shit infographic.

!/bin/sh
exec sshd -D -e

Two fucking lines, if you use a real supervisor. Oh, and the supervisor is typically less than 1,000 lines of code. You can actually read the damn thing.
>>
>>59410920
>gnome with wayland
this shit again.

If you want OS X that badly, then buy the fucking thing. Gnome 3 is donkey crap buried in a kimchi pot for three months and garnished with cat vomit. The "design" is about as helpful as a lobotomy and nearly as damaging.

Next time I get a toy desktop that requires a "special hack tool" to access features that are being taken away from me because they may have sharp pointy edges...ah fuckit, pull my finger.
>>
>>59411741
source on this claim
>>
>>59411126
>software shouldn't have dependencies. Its against the UNIX philosophy.
whatever you say

>>59412135
>If you want OS X that badly
I'd rather have openbox, but gnome is literally the only non-tiling window manager that works on wayland.
>>
I miss my Linux install ;_;
>>
What is so bad about systemd?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>59410438

So many wrong things and uninformed layman talk, where does one even begin.
>>
>>59412005

It's comparing service startup files, idiot.
Secondly, compare the lines of the other init systems to the actual init system in systemd, it will be roughly the same. Even then, it doesn't mean anything, retard. Especially not for idiots like yourself.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>59413650

GNOME isn't a window manager, it's a desktop environment. It has a window manager (I think it's called Mutter). There are GNOME addons which can handle tiling or maybe even some built in tiling functionality inside Mutter.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.