[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black spot on camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Snapchat-1840145141.jpg (489KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1840145141.jpg
489KB, 1080x1920px
Just today a black spot appeared on the front facing camera on my S5 Neo. I've already pried the screen up a tiny bit and used a fine cloth to go over where dust would be present. Is there any easy way to fix the problem?
pic related
>>
>>59407184
it has floaters see your optometrist for more details.
>>
Ghosts

Or sensor damage. Or a particle on the sensor. Had that with an a100 sony DSLR, didnt think phones could have it. It looked similar

>Pic related, my camera artifacts. (One of) two ball pen like scratches.

Or bad luck.
>>
>>59407438
I was thinking it was something to do with dust, I was around a bunch of wood dust today just before I had the issue
>>
>>59407438
Sensor damage isn't soft like that. If the lens has been cleaned, it's probably something on the sensor. If you do try to clean it, don't spray shit on it or wipe it with a cloth. Gently blow on it without spitting.
>>
This is normal.
>>
>>59407495
Hence the particle, because with the old camera I could see the particle, I couldn't remove it though. Sensor damage doesnt just have to be hard dead pixels btw.

The pic related was from my phone btw, not the damaged/dirty dslr.
>>
>>59407495
would a can of compressed air get the job done any better?
>>
>>59407495
I've nailed it down to it being on the sensor, not on the glass
>>
>>59407516
>Sensor damage doesnt just have to be hard dead pixels btw.
Yeah it really does. There can be spherical abrasions which are otherwise undetectable on the lens.
>>
>>59407557
Fuck no. Don't spray that on a sensor unless you want it ruined.
>>
>>59407585
I've done as you suggested and blown on it very carefully, and the dot hasn't moved at all. Could it be actually stuck to the sensor somehow?
>>
It also disappears when light is directed at it, not reflecting / refracting anything
>>
>>59407619
>Could it be actually stuck to the sensor somehow?
Possibly. You have to be extremely careful with the sensor even exposed. In all honesty, you need to ask someone on >>>/p/. Some of those guys are actual pros and should know what to do.
>>
>>59407641
I want to say it's a spherical abrasion on the lens, but again, you need to ask >>>/p/
>>
>>59407674
>>59407687
Will do, just made a thread
>>
>>59407184
>touchwizz
>>
>>59408148
I refuse to use shitty software to change something as small as my notification bar, I use Nova for my home screen though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.