[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GPU Companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
What are the best and worst GPU manufacturers?
I can say that Gigabyte is pretty terrible. Shitty service and shitty reliability. I've had two of their cards die within three years of purchase, and they fought with me the whole time about RMAing.
>>
ASUS doesn't have this problem :^)
>>
Havent had any problems with EVGA

Well, my GTX 460 died after 7 years of beating the fuck out of it with a lot games, but cooked it back to life.

It died again last week when i was cleaning it (had bad temps) i accidentally ripped on of those little resistors next to the GPU
>>
>>59408656
>ripped on
BRRATTTT

i meant ripped off
>>
>>59408608
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>59408656
I'm probably going with EVGA for my next card. Or maybe XFX. They both have pretty good warranties and customer service, from what I've heard.
>>
>>59407025
i have a Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce for 3 years, no complaints at all
>>
>>59411825
Their 480s on the other hand are supposed to have a terrible cooler. I don't know about previous generations but i bet that isn't new to polaris and OP was buying their AMD cards
>>
>>59411729
>>59408656
Their 1070s and 1080s were literally housefires(although that has supposedly been fixed).
>>
>>59412059
If you wanna be absolutely safe about it, get one of the icx cards none of them have the issue that was causing fires
>>
>>59412059
My GTX 770 fried itself. The fans weren't spinning up nearly as much as they needed to. I later found out they idle at around 122f. I still had to pay for it because it died just a few months after the warranty expired.
>>
>>59407025
ok here we go...

Best tier: EVGA for nvidia. Sapphire for AMD. usually the most expensive but also almost always the best. XFX is also good for AMD and has great customer service but overall sapphire is king.

Great tier: Asus...also RGB tier for those who want pretty lights. Goes for either nvidia or AMD. Can be comparable at times with evga and sapphire but typically comes with a shitload of colored lights. Buy Asus for RGB.

good budget tier: PNY for nvidia. They suck compared to other cards generally but they're cheaper and the fucking things work. If you're after 'A gpu that works" with no frills and a fair price its a fine option...Ive never had one break Although /g/ will bitch about the cheapskate choice.

Zotac is generally considered trash.
>>
>>59412221
I figured Zotac was terrible. Their cards are almost always the cheapest.
>>
I'd trust most MSI gpu's
I don't like their motherboards though.
I'm not a huge fan of PNY but last time my gpu fried they replaced it no questions
>>
>>59412314
As said above ive never had any issues with cheap ass pny...but i do hear their service is very nice.

i bought my wife a pny gtx 960 a year or 2 ago and it works flawlessly for her and it was so fucking cheap we ended up with it instead of the 950 she had originally wanted.

I had a few others in the past myself..they're fine.
>>
>>59407025
>not buying whichever one has the best warranty
literally the only thing that matters.
the price difference is negated when it craps out in 3 years
and the cooling doesn't matter when it comes to air. (just add more case fans faggot)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.