[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me one ((1)) valid criticism of apple besides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

File: 1481678185519.jpg (58KB, 998x877px) Image search: [Google]
1481678185519.jpg
58KB, 998x877px
>b-b-but they overcharge hardware
>>
>>59405238
Software side of things is to restrictive.

The hardware itself is sub-par, barring screens.
>>
>>59405238
i'm not gay
>>
userbase are toxic stuck up morons.
>>
didn't have duke 3d when i was a teenager, permanently gay
>>
Locked down hardware and software.
>>
>>59405238
Shit OS
>>
>>59405238

New Macbooks have shitty performance.

Mac OS still had no way of turning mouse pointer acceleration except installing new mouse driver (which is paid) last time I checked.

No upgrades for Macbooks.
>>
File: 1462805009826.jpg (479KB, 800x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1462805009826.jpg
479KB, 800x2160px
>>59405238
>>
>>59405238
Not gpl
>>
>>59405238
they value aesthetics over functionailty.
>>
>>59405238
Limited flexibility with software.
For example: wanting to install apps to a separate drive and having it show properly in launchpad and have the App Store update it properly
>>
>>59405552

Mouse Pointer Speed is SLOW. That is one thing I don't like about Macintosh.
>>
>>59405238
shit tier quality and still declining
>>
>>59405238
keyboard is shit
poor QC - look at the recent touchbar macbook launch where half the laptops had 2 hour battery life, look at iphone launches (hurr durr you're holding the fon wrong)
absolute shit-tier mice
itunes sucks
no headphone jacks on phone
can't upgrade laptops
>>
>>59405238
iOS sucks big time
>>
File: 1484505853187.jpg (250KB, 1198x836px) Image search: [Google]
1484505853187.jpg
250KB, 1198x836px
>>59405238
>>
trying to kill legacy hardware and putting slower processors into '''''''''current year'''''''' laptops
>>
File: 1473039361972.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1473039361972.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
>decide to put new HDD in my laptop
>wtf no screws? guess I'll just rip apart the plastic
>oh shit I messed this up
>hey Apple, can I get a replacement
>your warranty is void, sir
>>
>>59405238
My issue and the reason why I'm switching is because I can't torrent apps and space. I don't like having to pay extra for a small amount of storage boost with Android phones I can just use multiply types of SD cards for different things. All the 'expanded storage' shit you can buy for iPhone is just cloud storage for photos/videos and usually comes in some bulky ass case.
>>
>>59405855
>can't upgrade laptops
who told you this
>>
File: 1469842158211.jpg (111KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
1469842158211.jpg
111KB, 1000x633px
>>59405984
>>decide to put new HDD in my laptop
>>
>>59406004
Soldered RAM is 4 fags
>>
>>59406004
he bought a prebuilt Acer or HP laptop like a normie retard
>>
>>59405238
Well I'm an iPhone user that has switched from android. It does not have that message lag like android has, or sometimes application lag like android has, but it is severely limited in its functionality. Now It does excel at what it does do, the messaging application, calls are normal, facetime etc. What I have an issue with is that I can't send/receive any media from another device via Bluetooth. I cannot download any file on the thing besides an image file. I have to access it using shitty iTunes which I detest. You cannot torrent on the thing because they want you to buy everything from the apple application store, yet you can transfer music files on the thing freely through iTunes connected to a computer which I find idiotic.
>>
>>59405984
You're an idiot for intentionally damaging the case, even moreso that you told them the truth about what happened to your device.
>>
they actually dont overcharge hardware

you're paying for development of chips like the A10 and faster memory than the competition
>>
>>59406108
>intentionally damaging the case
It's not a case, it's a shell.
>>
Nonfree software
>>
>>59406155
You're pretty fucking stupid dude
>>
>>59405976
are their desktops any better?
>>
>>59405238
>shady business tactics
>crippling old devices with overhauls instead of kernel patching
>overpriced hardware
>software can't be customized without leaving a gaping hole in the security of it
>they move the industry forward in the most backwards way
>>
>>59405238

Fucking horrible cooling for the macbook pro
>>
>>59406214
>Taking the bait this easily
>>
literally everything so far has been subjective
>>
shitty customization options
>>
>>59406289

Shit is soldered in iMac as well. New PowerMac is a completely custom design but at least you won't need an upgrade lol.
>>
>>59406586

Every criticism is subjective, faggi--

oh ok, I even started typing. 4/11.
>>
previously apple had a completely unified vision of what they wanted to be
- seamlessly integrated devices
- similar interfaces and ergonomics across all devices
- simplistic designs that have all you need and eliminate what most people don't use
- paradigm that technology should augment your life without being "a part" of life

recently they haven't even tried on most of those fronts. They just add silly little features and dumb little things.

Also Apple software is supposed to be top-of-the-line, bar none, without question. If apple released software to buy concert tickets tomorrow, it should be noticeably better than bandsintown. If they made one for movie tickets, it should be significantly better than fandango
Nowadays seems like they make very few pieces of software that are above something produced by a few developers
>>
>>59405931
>...muh planned obsolecence

Apple doesn't make phones that last fifteen years because people don't want phones that last fifteen years.
Apple gives the engineers a reasonable timeframe for the lifetime of a phone, and they design the phone such that it works guaranteeably well within that timeframe.
>>
>>59407005
You know that there was an age before the iPhone, right? When phones were generally built to work for as long as possible? I don't believe that anybody buying the original iPhone expected to have to replace it in a year if they wanted 3G so the thing could actually do what it promised, or two if they wanted a phone that kept working to a reasonable level.
>>
>>59407098
is it even worth it in the modern day though?
Nobody has an iPhone 4 because the iPhone 7 blows it out of the water
>>
>>59407005
My iPad 3 stopped working when updated to ios 9 like 3 years ago... I hate it
>>
>>59407128
Nobody has an iphone 4 because it's no longer viable to use it anymore. The entire point is that they intentionally gimp past products via software updates to make them actively worse than they used to be, on top of potential hardware faults that can develop in that time.
The option to continue using one practically does not exist. That is the issue. It's not just a matter of 'the new one is better and I want it'. I could go dig out my old Nokia and it would still work as well as the day I purchased it. I can't say the same for my first smartphone.
>>
>>59407146
So I pretty much shouldn't update this iPad anymore from now on even though it keeps asking me to update.
>>
>>59405238
I'd support a shit company that promotes shit software practices
>>
>>59407163
> they intentionally gimp past products via software updates to make them actively worse than they used to be,
If you can prove to me that software updates actively gimp previous phones, then I will gladly admit you're right and will start liking apple a lot less.
>>
wait are there people actually hating on apple hardware? yes its overpriced but hating on the actual hardware? you fucking wot
>>
>top
>soldered trash where if the memory fails the entire thing goes to the trash
>something fails
>go to apple gaybar
>wait for reservation
>oh sorry it's fucked but you already knew that
>it'll cost you $800 to repair because the air in your house was humid and set off a moisture sensor
>also your data is all gone

>bottom
>fully modular industry standard parts that are completely usable
>computer behaving strange because memory chip failed
>replace it in 2 minutes with spare
>go right back to work
>>
>>59405238
they have ridiculous repair policies
>>
>>59405238
you just gave yourself one valid criticism of apple
>>
>>59405238
>overheating under load
>laptop parts in desktop products
>>
>>59405238
The $350 acer on amazon has better performance, never mind the cost. MacOS is so bad now a 5400rpm drive on a budget laptop with bloated Windows 10 actually gets things done more efficiently.

I couldn't tell you why or what does it but after 10 years of apple computers I can say they're done being exceptional at anything. Now I just buy whatever is cheap. Build quality is dead.
>>
>>59405976
screencaped and saved for further generations
>>
>>59409824
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2mFZoRqjw_ELax4Yisf6w
Louis Rossman
>>
>>59405382
And too fucking retarded to figure out so they latch onto the status symbol belief to disquise how fucking ignorant and dumb they are
>>
>>59410106
Figure out windows
>>
>>59410106

Why are you imagining things? Real life isn't /g/. There is no more toxic userbase than Linux's, it even beats Windows.
>>
>>59405238

An old beat-up ThinkPad has more utility to the kind of college students who would buy the latest MacBook Pro because you can actually use fucking flash drives

>inb4 dongles or type-c flash drives

Gaming laptops are more respectable now.
>>
>>59410135
The vast majority of mac users have never touched a windows computer think boomers who entered the pc age late then spoonfed their kids thst theyre special snowflakes that have to use macs because either the schools they went to were so dirt poor the only computers were macs that were given away from apple or the schools never emphasized computers at and never touched a windows machine or rarely did and just bought into the were special snowflakes because our home pc is apple
>>
>>59405371
Then why are you even here?
>>
>>59410168

Is this what you do? Just make up broad generalizations for millions of people then believe them?
>>
>>59410341
Dont you?
>>
>>59405931
Still using samshit note 3, still works fine just upgraded to 64gb sd card and a fat battery. Being poor isn't all bad.
>>
>>59407952
not this guy, but I had an iphone 4 for a long time, and about 3 years ago it was so horribly bogged down, even after clean reinstalls, optimizations (jailbroken ones too), I still couldn't get the keyboard to not lag horribly, rendering it useless because if I can't type normaly then its real world functionality is gone
I couldn't downgrade from ios7, and apple installed ios7 automatically for me
ios6 was getting slow for me, but 7 was the last straw
iphone 5*'s have the same problem by now
it might not be planned obsolescence, but its obsolescence none the less
>>
>>59405238
Seriously Macfags you need to learn your place in the world, which is tech illiterate dumbasses who pay out the ass for shitty overpriced Facebook machines
>>
>>59410425
MACTODDLERS BTFO
>>
File: 1464706253661.jpg (264KB, 1080x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1464706253661.jpg
264KB, 1080x1370px
>>59410683
This desu.

I mainly use Mac since my jobs requires it and I've gotten used to it, but it has just as many if not more problems than PCs, they're just different problems. Every time I run into these macfag nutjobs they never shut the fuck up about how this shit is better than "Windoze". Macfags seriously should be rounded up and gassed.
>>
The customization options they list for their desktop solutions are complete shite. Te me at least choose a graphics solution thats not outdated or meant for production/editing.

Why only one SKU of one brand for processor. Generic RAM (thats way, waaaaaaaaay overpriced for the performance they offer).

Give me something. Add an additional 2.5 in. bay or another m.2 slot (or one at all). Why must i look at third party vendors for storage solutions when im expected to pay full price for a product sold under the intention of being the only technology that i need?
>>
>>59410341
That's what Liberals do.
>>
>>59410776
Thats what humans do you stupid cuck
>>
>>59409794
fucking this
>Apple hardware is beautifully secured, placed, designed
>ACER laptops we use have vents right where you carry it, break, and internals fucking masking taped down
>>
>>59411766
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>59405238
>give me one reason against X besides this very valid reason against X

Kys
>>
Wtf i love apple now!
>>
>>59409794
it's laid out nice, bu it's designed to break and be near impossible to fix
just watch youtube on repairing apple stuff, jew rossman for example
i deal with apple hardware time to time, and it's costly to fix, and people usually get pissed
>>
>>59409819
>>59412787
this, so much this!
>>
>>59405238
>Glass prison lock-in culture
>Proprietary adapters
>Buggy as shit software but they don't give a fuck
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>59409824
>right to repair
u wot?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.