[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just built a brand new gaming pc (my first one ever) and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1029.jpg (310KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1029.jpg
310KB, 1080x1920px
I just built a brand new gaming pc (my first one ever) and it worked fine yesterday. Today I played CS for maybe 5 minutes and the game froze, my screen got blue squares on it, then it turned black with the same blue squares and my screen turned off. Now it won't turn back on but my pc is on perfectly fine, any ideas?

Pic is a drawing of what it looked like, the squares didn't reach all the way to the ends of the screen, it just was like that
>>
I have even reset the computer
>>
sounds like your gpu died

try removing it and running on integrated graphics
>>
>>59401963
It's a brand new GPU. The lights and fans on it are still running perfectly fine
>>
>>59401878
You checked that it's fine with another monitor, then? It's a dead monitor.

>>59401990
Just because it looks okay doesn't mean it's doing anything worthwhile. Does onboard work or no?

Not your tech support but at least answer correctly.
>>
>>59401990
that doesn't mean it is working
>>
>>59402016
I know it's not a dead monitor, I've tried it on two different monitors. I plugged into onboard and nothing happened but the GPU was still plugged in
>>
>>59402068
It's reading off the GPU yet, then. Try pulling the GPU then trying onboard. If it's fine, it's probably a dead card and you should get it returned for a replacement.
>>
>>59402137
Update: I unplugged the GPU and onboard is working fine. So it's a dead GPU?
>>
>>59402231
yup
>>
>>59402231
Hope it's new so you can send it under warranty. You didn't do anything stupid like forget the gpu power connectors though?
>>
>>59402246
Rip back to amazon it goes thanks for the help
>>
>>59402246
At least you can use onboard, if you did an ayymd you would be sol waiting for them to ship you a new one.
>>
>>59402281
Why would my new graphics card just randomly die?
>>
>>59402281
Update: I plugged the GPU back in AND it works
>>
>>59402327
Amazing. Sounds like you probably didn't have it plugged in right first time.

Use gpu-z or something to check temps next time you are playing something, see if it's getting too hot.
>>
>>59402306
Sometimes you get a dud, but if you got it working then alright.
>>59402348
Do this. You should keep an eye on temps once in a while, and especially now that it hiccuped on you like that. Check it under load and such.
>>
>>59402348
Okay jk it fucked up again with the blue squares it's prolly dying
>>
>>59402430
Send it back. Is it overheating or something, did you check?
>>
>>59402494
I checked, and it's not at all. I just was plugging my USBs back in and the screen did the exact same thing as before so yeah it's gotta be dying
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.