[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch already hacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 4358292058932.jpg (115KB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4358292058932.jpg
115KB, 1920x1000px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da74ZJyrjc4

What do you think Nintoddlers?
>>
File: 1458758974202.jpg (223KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458758974202.jpg
223KB, 1200x1200px
>>59394088
A hacker is someone who enjoys playful cleverness - not necessarily with computers. The programmers in the old MIT free software community of the 60s and 70s referred to themselves as hackers. Around 1980, journalists who discovered the hacker community mistakenly took the term to mean "security breaker." Please don't spread this mistake. People who break security are "crackers."
>>
>>59394088
>Saying Nintoddlers unironically
>>>/v/
>>
File: 1333079990192.jpg (125KB, 780x749px) Image search: [Google]
1333079990192.jpg
125KB, 780x749px
>>59394099
>"Waaah, words change their meaning over time!"
>>
>>59394099
>>59394099
>t. /g/ pajeet copy pasta

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker

The definition is now ambiguous. Blame the media and the fluidity of language anon.
>>
>>59394099
Why don't you playfully bend over for daddy like a good little girl?
>>
>>59394129
I am trying to have a real discussion here about the quality of the product itself and its security backdoors, so I suppose this thread has more content value than a /v/ thread.

By the way:

>Getting triggered at the term Nintoddler

It seems you are the one that needs to go back to >>>/v/ .
>>
>>59394088
I hope Nintendo hammers down the long cock of the law and throw him and all other Switch hackers into prison.
The Switch just came out and fuck him for destroying all incentives for 3rd parties to make games for it.
>>
>>59394088
Its hardware is of poor quality and I don't give a shit about zelda.
>>
>they're just intentionally making the consoles hackable now so they don't have to deal with customers trying to return bricks

What are studios going to do, not release their games on Nintendo?
>>
>>59394305
kek
>>
>>59394088
Maybe it'll be actually worth buying
>>
>>59394321
Hell, knowing Nintendo security we'll be even able to trick their servers and play online for free
>>
>>59394088
Hello, y'all some real dumb motherfuckers. Repeat after me: "The Switch is not hacked." Let's look at the state of affairs, shall we?

What we have: https://pegaswitch.com/

What is this?
>PegaSwitch is an exploit toolkit for the Nintendo Switch. [...] This does not currently enable homebrew software, but is built to allow other hackers to work toward that goal.

Okay, so we don't even have native arbitrary code execution. This is just a glorified ROP tester. For a WebKit exploit that has been public for over a year already.

By no means is this "hacked". Anyone telling you as such is incompetent.
>>
>>59394234
The less incentive to make proprietary games, the better.
>>
>>59394088

I cant wait download Switch roms in all those pages with adfly links
>>
>>59394450
>he thinks the Switch will have more than 5 games worth playing in its lifetime.
>>
>>59394234
>shit underpowered gimmickly tablet
>why won't 3rd parties develop for my shitbox
really makes you think
>>
>>59394192
>not leaving ad-hominems out of a "real discussion"
>>
No one except for game developers worried about piracy complains when a game console gets hacked. I've got the Homebrew Channel installed on my Wii, and a DSTWO cartridge for my DS Lite. Makes the console more fun.
>>
Probably just a marketing gimmick. Mark my words, the "hackers" are Nintendo employees banking out that everyone will run out to buy a Switch while the firmware is still vulnerable, and then nothing of value will ever turn up.
>>
>>59394234

>into prison
In 2010, a supreme court decision ruled that jail-breaking an iPhone in order to run applications that Apple did not approve of was fair use. The same supreme court decision could arguably be applied to other platforms. There is nothing illegal about hacking your own hardware, or sharing the program for others to hack their own hardware.
>>
>>59394088
fucking nigger nobody cares about your reaction
>>
>>59394192
>real discussion
>start with childish insults
>>
>>59394088
The word you're looking for is cracked
>>
>>59394665
>No one except for game developers worried about piracy complains when a game console gets hacked.
I doubt the game devs really care. They are probably smart enough to know that people who pirate console games are a minority. It's the producers/publishers who go balistic.
>>
File: 1489424559086.png (34KB, 253x282px) Image search: [Google]
1489424559086.png
34KB, 253x282px
>>59394129
>>
>>59394352
REVOLT have already done it for Steam.
>>
>No one comment on how the nigger is just speaking bullshit from a screenshot of someone who just did an html redirection to show a simple html page on the system
Nice "hack" nerds
>>
>>59395348
googling this gets me a suspiciously light set of results
almost as if something were missing
on purpose
>>
>>59394088
why post a video of this nigger who knows shit and thinks its based on ios exploits and not post the direct link to the desciption

stop shilling your own channel nigger
>>
>>59395490
Go to the REVOLT forums, VOKSI is a fucking lad.

FitGirl also includes REVOLT online fixes where possible in his/her repacks.
>>
Doom Switch when???
>>
>>59394159
Well no in this case they didn't, because both forms still exist.
>>
>>59394099
damn stallman is a fucking autist
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdPjbaLngE
>>
>>59397692
Aren't we all?
>>
>>59394234
Exploits != No Games

The PSP was cracked wide open since the first firmware available in NA, and yet was one of the most successful handhelds of all time. The Vita still doesn't have true custom firmware, and their non-persistent exploit doesn't even work on the latest firmware, yet it's a commercial failure in the west.

The GBA has had flashcarts practically since its inception. The 3DS has been cracked wide open for a long time. Both systems enjoyed long, prosperous lives.

---

You are absoutely right that the Switch won't get games though. It has a far less powerful GPU than the WiiU, and Nintendo (so far) refuses to drop the 3DS support. Their only hope is too embrace the handheld nature of the device, but if Nintendo doesn't abandon the 3DS that's not gonna happen any time soon. (It's already confirmed the Switch isn't getting the next Monster Hunter title, for e.g.)

I want Nintendo to admit the DS branch was a mistake. This is the first real Gameboy Advanced successor we've had in a long time, and from that perspective it is an extremely enjoyable machine.
>>
>>59397808
I'd love to know what goes through the minds of Nintendo's software developers. How do you fuck up this bad? There is literally a contest devoted to cracking these browser engines. You could practically look up the shownotes from last year's pwn2own and have an instruction manual for cracking any major browser engine wide open like a korean ladyboy. Moving to WebKit is a sound choice, moving to a year-old version of WebKit is just idiotic. They literally don't even have to do any work, they could've just recompiled it. (Which the build farm should be doing every time you push a new release, anyways.)

I'm a bit miffed this exploit is getting so heavily publicized though, at least the iOS community knows how to keep their traps shut until they have a repeatable exploit chain w/ a working payload. I guess I have to avoid system update nags like the plague now.
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (166KB, 944x1121px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
166KB, 944x1121px
The only way I'm getting a Switch is when it gets a price cut and CFW, so I'm glad it's been busted open somewhat already
>>
Good news.
The only way I'm buying a zelda and mario machine is if I can pirate the games.
The hardware sucks.
However, that video sucks.
>>
>>59394088
>reads the wololo article like he's on crack
>cant even read properly
this nigga
>>
>>59398301
It's just continue to show how big companies like nintendo love to use old/bugged staff in their products. Just like bmw use some old software outsourced by other company (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11384968) and there are much more examples of this, so it's really no only nintendo to blame.
>>
>>59394088
>Webkit
>Hacked
>>
>>59394088
Toys belong on >>>/v/
>>
>>59394630
>>59394234
Yeah, third parties weren't planning on supporting this system to begin with. It needs to be as powerful as the current or upcoming Xbox and Playstation systems to do that. If it was getting third party support, we would've been seeing a big blowout of games at their January event. (Incidentally, I was waiting for that event to decide whether or not they'll get my purchase.) Yeah it's doung good now but that's just launch hype. Even the Wii wasn't fully sustainable down the road for the consumer.
>>
>>59398214
>PSP was a success.
>DS was a mistake.

Hah! I'm pretty sure the DS kicked the PSP's ass in the market, especially after the DS Lite came out.
>>
>>59398214
Also, IMO, the Switch was a mistake and not a true next gen Nintendo handheld because it's a tablet with side things you attach on.
>>
>>59399719
The DS was much more successful but I always preferred the PSP, it was so much fun to mess around with and some of the games were great you could also play most older PS1 and Nintendo games on it. Also, it always seemed to me that DS kids would get bullied in school by PSP kids.
>>
>>59399961
The PSP was fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhct8iAhaaU
>>
>>59399719
The original PSP was a phenomenal success, it moved about 80M units. Compare that to the original DS (same timeframe & generation) which only sold about 20M units. The later DSi only sold around 41M units. All four iterations of the 3DS *combined* only shipped about 58M units.

No single DS family has moved more units than the original PSP, how exactly is that kicking the PSP's ass?
>>
>>59398301
a webkit exploit is nothing
at best it could be used for an entrypoint to run kernel exploits etc, those are the ones you want to keep hush hush
>>
>>59394099
>crackers
fucking racist
>>
>>59394088
Apollo Creed lookin fine ass nigga started talking comprehensively, and was comfy to listen to, until he niggachimped out, letting ghetto blast all out his ass. Then's when I stopped the video.
>>
Yay, finally a good platform with homebrew! It must be so boring for people with xbox and play stations...
>>
>>59394088
Good. I already habe a wiiu with the full library of games and dlc.

I love that Nintendo makes it so easy to pirate. Really helps justify the cost of the console when you get 100+ games for free.
>>
>>59394234
>>59394305
Good thing Microsoft and Sony products never get hacked.
>>
PoC || GTFO
>>
>>59401570
PS3 got hacked.
So and XBOX and 360.

Vita got ignores because all the hackers became attention whores and never released anything.
>>
>>59394088
that's great, now if only it had games worth pirating
>>
>>59401693
sarcasm is really hard for some of us
>>
>>59400428
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
According to this list the DS family sold 158 million units total, making it the second most popular console of all time by sales, and the 3DS has sold 65 million, making it the most popular console currently in production by sales.

Those sales are still pretty good on the PSP though, I always wanted one.
>>
>>59401693
Vita got henkaku, didn't it? And didn't that same browser explot work on PS4 as well?
>>
>>59400548
>>59394099
This
If they break informatic security they are crackers.
If they break phisical security they are niggers
>>
>>59394088
>[YouTube] The Nintendo Switch has Been Hacked. Already.

Why do people make videos like this? Just post a fucking link to qwertyuiop's twitter. But I guess plebs need someone yelling at them about a blog post.

Power to him I guess. People are stupid.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.