[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my motherboard so fucking hot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

So im pretty much a noob at computers and i just recently got this pc for free. I downloaded speccy to look at the parts and they mostly look pretty good, but it says my motherboard is WAYY hotter than it should be. What should i or can i do about this? I dont want to break anything but i cant really leave it like this can I?

Sorry i know im a normalfag but I could really use some advice and you guys know more than anyone about this shit.
>>
File: xy297HL.png (52KB, 675x528px) Image search: [Google]
xy297HL.png
52KB, 675x528px
Does the same shit to me with an ASUS motherboard. It's not reading the sensor correctly for whatever reason and there's no fix that I've seen. It still bugs the shit out of me when I see it.
>>
>>59393658
the fire rises
>>
>>59393728
>>59393790
UPDATE. Decided to look inside and it seems that the fan on top of the cpu simply doesnt run at all.

Now that little cable coming from the fan seems to be connected to the motherboard but it still wont run. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59393835
you can wire the fan straight to the psu with the right cable, usually comes with the one of them if i recall... it'll always be on full but thats better than always off.
>>
>>59393879
>you can wire the fan straight to the psu with the right cable
hm il give that a shot. Like i said i got this for free and i dont think i have any extra cables but if i can find one that works il give it a shot. tyvm
>>
>>59393658
Nigga, that's just a Speccy glitch.
>>
>>59393935
i tried using another program and it came up with the same thing. Cant remember what its called right now because im too afraid to turn it back on and melt my cpu (if thats even possible)
>>
>>59393959
no way its on fire with the cpu @36c
boot to bios save to a profile then load defaults and reset, maybe its got something whacky in the bios settings.
>>
>>59394005
ok il try that too. I could have sworn the cpu fan thingy wasnt working when i turned it on again. il go try one more time
>>
>>59393658
Because it's using all power to server your data to the NSA and the CIA.
>>
>>59393658
Download Asus Ai suite 3, it will show the right temp.
>>
>>59394005
k so the fan on the cpu is running im just retarded. tried resetting the bios and it still says this on a different program. Is it just a sensor bug ? Im just worried if i leave it something bad will happen.

But theres no way it could actually be like 242 Farenheit without melting the actual plastic right?
>>
>>59394115
You would know because Intel CPU's throttle and shutdown at over half that reported temperature. It's a software or diode issue. How many pins does the fan have that you use for cooling the CPU? 3? 4? Four pin fans are called PWM which what you would need to get accurate reporting in UEFI and in your software while in Windows. Anyways keep an eye on your other temps. A GPU or CPU with cooling issues makes the entire system hotter inside a case. You will still be able to notice any thermal issues by watching the other temps.
>>
File: 1489450970554.jpg (106KB, 1216x499px) Image search: [Google]
1489450970554.jpg
106KB, 1216x499px
>>59394102
Is that a known issue with that specific Asus board? I've never installed the Asus software and haven't had this issue.
>>
>>59394275
>Anyways keep an eye on your other temps. A GPU or CPU with cooling issues makes the entire system hotter inside a case. You will still be able to notice any thermal issues by watching the other temps.
thanks anon
>tfw gf told me 4chan would never help me but you guys always know your shit
>>
>>59394275
also its a 4 pin. The fan on top of the cpu is called a heatsink correct?
>>
95% chance that's a bad sensor read..

I'd pull down the software from Asus directly, make sure it reads as expected, but everything looks fine. Also, not bad kit desu.
>>
>>59393658
Heres how you tell if your mobo is hot : fucking touch it jesus fucking christ
>>
>>59394400
Yes. Fan sits on the heatsink.
>>
>>59394389
>tfw gf told me 4chan would never help me but you guys always know your shit
Shhh don't wake the trolls they have school in the morning
>>
File: 1481636001929.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481636001929.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>59394620
Summer is nearly here.
>>
>>59394389

We always know our shit because we are better at lurking
>>
>>59393658
> Why is my motherboard so fucking hot
Did you buy a cheap motherboard with no heatsinks on the MOSFET's?
>>
>>59393658
>>59395368
Asus H97M-E
Only four chokes, and no heatsinks over the MOSFET's.
Yep, that's why.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.