[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First/Crappiest PC You have Owned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: BadPC.jpg (280KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BadPC.jpg
280KB, 2048x1536px
What is the crappiest PC that you owned /g/? Was it your first PC?

For me it was an older E machines. Somewhat similar to pic. Had an 800Mhz processor and I think 512mb of ram. 80gb HDD? Played Roller coaster tycoon pretty well. That's about it.
>>
File: Inspiron8200.jpg (7KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
Inspiron8200.jpg
7KB, 256x197px
God this thing was infuriating...

Everything was wrong with it. The display only worked if you tilted it in the right position (and even then the right 1/4 the screen had glitchy vertical lines), the battery didn't hold a charge at all, and even with a fresh install of XP, as soon as the fans turned on the fucker ground to a halt.
>>
>>59390780

Amiga 600 was my first. Can't called it crappy. Was pretty epic tbqh.
>>
>>59391182

Holy shit. I forgot about these. My friends mom had one. That thing was a pile of shit to say the least.
>>
File: 31200976-2-440-overview-1[1].gif (99KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
31200976-2-440-overview-1[1].gif
99KB, 770x433px
>>59390780
Dell Dimension 3000. Still works to this day and the speakers are still in use.
>>
a gateway from 98. It's under my bed with CentOS installed on it from like 6 years ago. .
>>
>>59390780
First pc was family's. Completely technologically illiterate. It has actually helped me desire to be "good" with technology so maybe a blessing in disguise

Windows ME on an hp with like 32 GB hard drive and 256 MB ram. Don't remember much else. Downloaded girls gone wild games on it using limewire and a 56kb/s dial up connection. Took like 3 months total due to dad being on call often. Still have that file today
>>
>>59391199

Andddd my dad had one of these bad boys. Worked great until about 2 years ago. I mean, sometimes it could be a little slow but other than that no real issues.
>>
>>59390780
Fuck... I'm reminded of the piece of shit family computer we had like 20 years ago.... It was some donation piece of crap HP (Back when they actually wrote "Hewlett Packard" on the side of it) running Windows ME.

Yeah, fucking Windows ME. I thought there was suffering, but it kept getting shittier.
>>
>>59391241
Sounds like we were in the same boat
>>
File: Battlestation.png (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Battlestation.png
3MB, 3264x2448px
First one I remember was a pretty beast PC for it's day, Pentium 4 3.2GHz, Radeon 9800 Pro, capture card, sound blaster, firewire, literally everything you'd ever need.

Eventually became obsolete, kept the case though and built my current PC from it, posting from it right now

pic very related
>>
File: laptop.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>59390780
My family had one of these in the 90's. It was fine at the time as I remember.
>>
>>59391272
Yup.

Fucking ME almost made me want to try and use my grandparents machine with the fucking 5 1/4" floppies on it.

Old as fuck, but hell, it had Old Maid, Tapper, and King's Quest 1 on it.
>>
compaq prebuilt from 1997 or so was my first PC, I can't even remember the specs on it but I know we had tons of problems with it.
>>
win98, 808mb HDD, Pentium 2, few mbs graphic card
>>
>>59391313
I still have one, runs windows 3.1.

Anyone know what I can do with it?
>>
>>59391352
Run windows 3.1
>>
>>59391311
Forgot to mention I actually have almost all of the original hardware, GPU and capture card is in a 98 build I made. Soundblaster is running the speakers on my desk, and firewire card I'm trying to sell because firewire lol
>>
>>59391352
Wait another 30 years and take it to the antique roadshow.
>>
>>59391352

Gentoo?
>>
>>59390780
A no brand computer rocking a Pentium 75mhz with 8mb of ram and an ATI@work and a 840mb HHD, with a 14" monitor, floppy drive and a CD drive X4 !!!!!!
>>
>>59391352
https://winworldpc.com/library/applications/platform-dos
https://winworldpc.com/library/applications/platform-windows
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.