[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great x220 vs t420 debate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

It's time to settle which is better once and for all.
>>
>>59388261

x220 cause its the perfect size

its more expensive though that kind of sucks
>>
Well, each has its purpose.

If you have a desktop already, X220 is recommended. Really small, not that heavy, comfortable to use.

If you want at least a laptop to replace your desktop, while the T420 ain't gonna do that much, it's still going to be more comfortable for home use. And you can replace the display on that with something better resolution wise.
>>
File: prove_me_wrong_protip_you_cant.png (298KB, 791x724px) Image search: [Google]
prove_me_wrong_protip_you_cant.png
298KB, 791x724px
>>59388261
T420 if you don't move much.
X220 if you do move a lot.
W501 if you don't move at all.
>>
>>59388275
It is legit the perfect size. I see netbooks as way too small, and 14" already kills it for me. My sister has a 14" laptop and I couldn't be bothered carrying the thing around.
>>
my x200 has been with me for ages and i will never let go of it
>>
x220:
smaller, lighter
bad res (1366x768), but has an ips option
cpu soldered

t420
bigger, heavier
available in above bad res, but has a bigger "okay" res option (1600x900), tn only (BUT can fit a panel from some alienware laptop that looks a bit better)
cpu upgradeable, even to a quad core if you a nutter

those are probably the biggest differences that would affect someone choosing between the two. about the same thing for the t430/x230
>>
>>59388465
Faggot here, what about the upgradablity?
T420 I have heard has much more upgradability, I can't really stand anything below 1080p, let alone 768p, I'm sure I could live with 900p though...

Considering getting a t420 with a 900p upgrade... but I'm not sure...
>>
File: IMG_2997.jpg (77KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2997.jpg
77KB, 582x582px
>>59388645
Nvm, thanks >>59388641
>>
Since I want to start off cheap ~£200, I'll go with the t420 and upgrade to quad core later.

Hope the laptop's gonna fit in my bag though. Need to measure.
>>
>>59388696
if you can't fit a t420 into it, your bag might be a purse.
>>
File: 00056smug.jpg (97KB, 480x604px) Image search: [Google]
00056smug.jpg
97KB, 480x604px
They're both trash. Cheap plastic that WILL wear down and awful screens with no good panels to replace them with.
>>
File: IMG_2946.jpg (178KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2946.jpg
178KB, 800x1000px
>>59388892
They're actually pretty durable, you must be the type of person who uses a Dell XFR and never travels with it too, paranoid fuck.
>>
File: dildo.png (66KB, 360x245px) Image search: [Google]
dildo.png
66KB, 360x245px
i got a x220 because it was smaller and i was sick of oversized laptops. t420s are cool though, except i don't like the wasted space keyboard wise. they could have added something else to increase functionality.
>>
>>59388942
>They're actually pretty durable
That's because of the internal frame. The plastic they use is cheap as shit.

ThinkPads are a meme. They're good if you're dirt poor, but if you want quality you NEED to look elsewhere. ThinkPads are loud, heavy, thick, have bad battery life, AWFUL screens and are only good for the aesthetics, solid build, trackpoint, and cheap price.
>>
>>59389069
The fuck did you just say?
>>
>>59389144
The truth. Fucking T410 screens have STATIC dithering. Even the worst consumership TN panels these days don't stoop that low. The 1080p screen on the T510/T520 models were wide gamut TN displays. A fucking wide gamut screen with a TN panel.
Lenovo's screens have always been shit until very recently.
>>
>>59389069
as much as i love the form factor and size of my x201, i do agree that they have bad battery life compared to other laptops, even macbooks which are on the worse end of the spectrum. as well as this, 1366x768 is starting to really show it's age now that every laptop worth anything has 1080p bare minimum. call me a resolution whore but at this point i am considering buying a macbook (not the upgraded model, the original retina one).
>>
I bought an x220 before it was a meme and overall I'm alright with it

I got the extended battery with it which is a must.

Only thing that annoys me is all the intel bloatware it comes with. I got it 4 years ago before windows 10 came out and ever since it updated it's been slow as fuck.

I'm not autistic enough to put linux on it, but for now its nice as a media/web browsing/video playback netbook
>>
What about the 2016 models they look pretty promising.
I'm not too keen on the yoga or the carbon but do the other models compare?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.