[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the 'never leave the house again' starter pack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: amazon-prime-now-ubereats.png (550KB, 1024x900px) Image search: [Google]
amazon-prime-now-ubereats.png
550KB, 1024x900px
>the 'never leave the house again' starter pack
>>
I love Amazon Prime Now. I don't have a car so being able to have my groceries delivered straight to my door is a blessing.
>>
>>59388218
What is it with millennials and not owning a car?
>>
>>59388243
Why would you ever need a car in a city?
>>
>>59388243
All the jobs are downtown and house prices are through the roof so living downtown or in the suburb barely makes a difference. Shittons of studies also show that living close to work has a more pronounced impact than any other factor to happiness. Unless you work in central london, there's no reason to have a car nowadays.
>>
>>59388243
Paying for insurance, gas and taxes every month for a car is the height of retardation when I can just walk, bike, bus or pay for some schmuck to deliver for me. Cars are a scam
>>
>>59388243
>can't afford a home
>somehow can afford a car
back to your job your father got you faggot.
>>
Ubereats selection is garbage in my area. It's all Indian and middle East shit
>>
>>59388378
>Cars are a scam
Retard detected.

Just because they don't work for you doesn't mean they don't work for others. Vehicle ownership in the USA is incredibly low cost, specially if you buy a used reliable and efficient car.

Buying a new car is a scam though.
>>
>>59388218
You never needed Amazon to order groceries you hipster
>>
>>59388446
>buying a new car is a scam
Unless you're in the uk where insurance prices increase exponentially with car age.
Then again everything is retarded and works against logic in the uk.

A car just for city commutes is not really worthwhile but for anything else it is far cheaper.
>>
>>59388663
You can't really compare the logic of car ownership in a country like the UK to a country like the USA where distances are spread out and only accessible by car even if at major cities with the major exception of Manhattan. Car ownership in the UK outside of the major area of London, is still a required necessity.
>>
>>59388378
The poorest of fags
>>
>>59388446
UberX is actually cheaper than owning a car.
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (138KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
138KB, 700x420px
>>59388415
Jokes on you. I like Middle Eastern/North African food.
>>
File: 7314543258_502cbd5300_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1505px) Image search: [Google]
7314543258_502cbd5300_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1505px
>>59388243
I'd rather commute with a bike.
>>
>Milwaukee is covered
>Not even Madison, let alone the white cities in Wisconsin
>>
>>59389272
you either have so much disposable income that you don't care, or you don't have a fucking clue how to manage your finances.
>>
>>59388243
>Live within walking distance from work, or if you are lucky work from home.
>Saves a shit ton on car, fuel, maintenance, insurance.
>Have no family or close friends so never have any need to drive far.
>Uber, bus, train, etc if need to go somewhere far.
>>
>>59388378
>$50 a month is too much
>>
>>59389272
You must not get out often then. And if you do, the locations you need to get to aren't very far, in which case you probably could've walked or taken the bus.
>>
>>59389881
And my car was $1500 and has lasted 30,000 miles only a broken starter and new tires
>>
>>59388243
Millenials are broke retards. It makes me feel ashamed to be one of them.
>>
>>59388243

Lesser chance/risk of crashing/car incidents for one good damn thing.

Also, you don't have to sit in traffic and you can pay someone else to drive you around, eg Lyft, Uber, taxis, etc

Also, gas expenses and being pulled over for bullshit/unknown reasons and get ticketed by dickwad highway patrol/police/parking enforcement, probably have/get your ride towed while your back is turned while you're at work/lunch or elsewhere, etc
>>
>>59388243
Millennials like myself came of age during the recession. Life is so much different now than it was then. A high school diploma won't take you as far anymore, college isn't as financially accessible anymore, inflation rose while the minimum wage stagnated. Owning a car is not financially viable for a lot of us in this environment.

We were cut a much worse deal than boomers.
>>
Isn't this much more expensive than going to your local grocery store thou
>>
>be independently wealthy
>live in downtown Las Vegas
>have standing orders delivered 3 times a week by Schwanns
>rarely go out for much of anything
>if I need regular groceries Albertsons and several other grocers in town deliver for nominal fees
>cook on occasion when the feeling hits
>thinking about ordering some Panda Express tonight actually
>go out on my balcony
>look down on the tourons infesting Fremont Street
>smile because I don't really have to go down there and be amongst them
>throw a few quarters down from my balcony
>hit one guy on a shoulder, watch a homeless guy scramble for the quarter as it rolls into the street
>bus slams on breaks to avoid hitting the homeless guy focused on the quarter
>car rear-ends the bus
>car rear-ends the car
>shit happens
>answer the door: Panda Express, hot and fresh
>toss the delivery guy a $50 and slam the door in his face
>go sit out on the balcony and flick pieces of fried rice on the tourons infesting the streets below
>enjoy the 82F temps with the light breeze from my 14th floor condominium, kick my feet up, chow down on the Orange Chicken with sweet and sour sauce

Yeah, life is good sometimes.
>>
>>59387996
Millennials:
>don't drive
>can't cook
>don't own homes
>don't save money
>have serious mental problems compared to people 10+ years older
what the fuck kids, what is your deal?
>>
>>59392986

I cook ans save money whenever I can, everything else is true though
>>
>>59388369
I can agree with the distance from work bit

I commute 1 hr daily to work and shit kills me in the morning

less productive then when i worked close to home and less excited for the commute

I like what im doing though so theres that
>>
>>59392986
I have a medical condition that leaves me susceptible to occasional episodes of vertigo. One second I have great balance, the next everything feels like everything is spinning and I'm almost helpless for those 5-10 seconds. It's bad enough that I wouldn't trust myself to be a safe driver.

I'm glad services like Uber and Lyft exist to streamline my transit needs.
>>
Nice thread, normie.
>>
File: 1486577980511.jpg (109KB, 628x444px) Image search: [Google]
1486577980511.jpg
109KB, 628x444px
>>59393786

Oh, you're the second person I've encountered with that condition.

>friend finally got his license
>we all go out to celebrate
>coming back home late
>making a left turn at an intersection
>all of a sudden friend who is driving starts moving his head and body spazzing really weird
>a car is coming at us head on
>we realize something is wrong with friend and try to snap him out of it
>two of us lunged for the steering wheel
>I held back my spazing friend to the seat since he was lurching forward and hyperventilating
>too late
>car comes at us full speed and T-bones our car in the intersection
>we all woke up out on the streets with paramedics over us
>friend never drove again after that

He apologized to us several times, but our friend group kinda split a couple months after that accident. shit sucked
>>
File: 1462751852464.jpg (161KB, 762x900px) Image search: [Google]
1462751852464.jpg
161KB, 762x900px
>>59390439

>just stop being poor then
>>
>>59391902
imagine you have literally no time to go to the grocery store and want to just go to sleep instead of staring at shelves at the local grocer in the middle of the night.
>>
>>59393938
if he was spazzing out he was probably seizing
>>
>>59391973
kekked hard
>>
>>59394768
>imagine
It's easy if you try
>>
>>59388218

Amazon is ran by the CIA and exists to spy on you.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is a CIA puppet.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/7/wikileaks-it-again-time-cia/
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.