[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ryzen a good CPU for an average computer user?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: ryzen.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Is Ryzen a good CPU for an average computer user?
>>
no it's fucking trash buy intel
>>
R7 is still more than the average user needs. The r3/r5 will be a more traditional budget option with better cost to performance for most
>>
A core 2 duo is the lowest I would go for the average computer user. Luckily just about every desktop, laptop, and mobile CPU is better than a C2D so, yeah, the Ryzen CPUs will be overkill for the average user.
>>
>>59382152
To amend that - g4560 will be sufficient budget option for most users
>>
>>59382152

When did 4 core 8 thread CPUs became ''budget'' CPUs.

Fucks sakes, weren't the ''budget'' CPU 5 months ago was the 2 core Intel?
>>
>>59382113
buy a celeron with vp9 decode caps
>>
>>59382183

water is worth more than gold in the middle of the desert. the desert was the CPU market and the main contributor to the desertification was intel
>>
Ryzen is a highly efficient integer MONSTER. I don't want to argue about gaming but I am so excited for Naples impact. It is going to change everything
>>
>>59382214
nicely put
>>
File: ts_ara.jpg (303KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ts_ara.jpg
303KB, 1000x1000px
>>59382113
The "average" user is just fine with a chinese 2-4GB RAM Windows HTPC box for $100-200 (pic related is at $100) or a low end CPU build.
>>
>>59382377
I have one of those X5-Z8300 shitboxes. It's barely tolerable for browsing websites. I ended up using it as a ghetto fileserver.
>>
>>59382113
Depends what you mean by average, if you will decode video once a year and use it for gaming and browsing otherwise, then no.
>>
>>59382220
>I don't want to argue about gaming but I am so excited for Naples impact. It is going to change everything
same
>>
>>59382183
people do not realize what AMD did yet

it's new reality, again
Ironically intel did it with core duo, before that AMD 64 did that with overly expensive intel CPUs
cycle continues. CPU development slowed down a bit, that's all
>>
>>59382113
I don't know about for
>an average computer user
since it is probably too much CPU for that market. In its niche though, as a high-performance chip, it is very good and has thankfully given Intel a swift boot to the ass, which should at least help prices.
AMD knew they were losing the performance market, so that's what they went all-in on. More differentiated chips should be arriving later iirc.
>>
>>59382377
>actually on a budget
>Chinese reign Supreme

>want to exchange money for a quality product
>Intel all the way

HOW CAN AMD EVEN COMPETE
>>
>>59382391
I did not have any problem browsing websites and I'm simultaneously watching chinese cartoons on it.

It'll do the usual shit fine, if you ask me, but I guess that wasn't your experience for some reason?

They also got Z8500 Z8350 closer to $150 and Apollo Lake N4200 at ~$200.
>>
>>59382113
What does average mean?
The architecture shows great potential, but I'd wait until after Easter to make up my mind
>>
>>59382424
AMD is all about longer instructions, that doesn't work well on small power efficient computers.
>>
>>59382424
The chinkshit is complete garbage. I reccomend it to no-one.
>>59382451
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1148393 Not like I'm getting bad results from it, but it's still barely useable.
>>
>>59382424
The Chinese might also do Ryzen boxes if AMD manages to release lower powered budget chipsets soon.

At least the power consumption of AMD chipsets seems to kinda check out this time around.
>>
>>59382424
there is always gaps in between
people that do not want i7 and disgusted by i5 buy r7 1700
people that think i3 should be dead and pentiums name buried under some rock but do not want to buy i5 will go for r5 1500-1600x

there is always gap in the market, AMD got solid strategy will see in q3-4 how it pans out
>>
>>59382451
>and I'm simultaneously watching chinese cartoons on it.
how do you live without GPU rendering?
>>
>>59382473
If amd manages to release multi CPU mobile with low tdp they can eat the market. Today every i5 mobile is a shitty 2 core 4 thread cpu
>>
>>59382473
I didn't believe when they announced under 15w chips. Scaling of ryzen checks out.
>>
>>59382492
These new Atoms have a GPU that is fairly easily sufficient for web browser and media use.

Kinda like a modern smartphone has it, but usually a bit more powerful than the average smartphone.
>>
>>59382506
I sure hope for some competition.

>>59382508
Yes. I think that's the big reason why we can really expect some competition at the lower end, even on Windows.
>>
>>59382405

They just needed The Shitwrecker™ back.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.