[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programmers are Retards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1484481462323.jpg (384KB, 980x606px) Image search: [Google]
1484481462323.jpg
384KB, 980x606px
>go to law firm
>You: I taught myself law online
>Firm: fuck off

>go to a construction firm
>You: I taught myself structural engineering online
>Firm: fuck off

>Go to a hospital
>You: I taught myself medicine online
>Hospital: fuck off

>Go to software company
>You: I taught myself programming online
>Software company: You get the job!

Programmers are the only ones who keep going around claiming how "anyone can program" and they want more people to do their job so they can lower their own salaries or will put themselves out of a job and end up homeless.

Programmers are the only ones who give away their work for free and make it super-hard to sell their own work or put value on thier work. Certain communist orgs like FSF don't want programmers to even make a dime from programming and want you to make money from doing support instead. And many programmers donate money to these fucking commies.

Then they are surprised why they make peanuts and can't get a job and some Pajeet who shits on streets can take their job away.

Programmers are LITERALLY some of the DUMBEST FUCKERS on EARTH.
>>
>>59381599
I want that UNIX exit sign
>>
ITT amerifats not understanding anything. Grow up already.
>>
File: Z.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
Z.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
>>59381599

>tfw you write an e-mail and get a job at google
>pic related
>>
>>59381675
Google requires you go through 4 interviews, and each interviewer gives you fractions of a point based on four main categories, stuff like code readability, how good they are at explaining what they're thinking, etc..

So on each interview you can get between a 0.0 and a 4.0, with 3.5+ being "enthusiastic hire." You need a 3.5+ on all four interviews to get a job.

tl;dr you didn't get a job at google through an email
>>
>>59381599
>Go to software company
>You: I taught myself programming online
Ok show my your code and portfolio.

>who give away their work for free
most linux devs work and company and they provide paid support.

>Then they are surprised why they make peanuts and can't get a job
it's not zero-one game, if someone get a job as programmer i don't lose a job as programmer, because of high demand. And making learning blog is good for experience
>>
>>59381599
Difference is all those professions require a license to practice.
>>
>>59381623
>I want that UNIX exit sign
I know.

>>59381675
he has a degree.
>>
>>59381704

this is Jeff Dean you dumbass. He literally made Google what it is and yes he wrote an e-mail and got a job

>>59381786

PhD
>>
File: hook.png (17KB, 127x64px) Image search: [Google]
hook.png
17KB, 127x64px
>>59381599
Congratulations, you just described how everyone feels fresh from the college with a degree. Nobody wants an employee without experience. What's your point?
>>59381708 made a good point, you can show your code if you're self-taught and contributed to some projects. I think law firm will be interested in somebody who successfully protected himself in a court, construction firm - in somebody who built a good house by himself and brought plans, hospital - well, you shouldn't have brought this one, teaching doctors a big problem in itself.
>>
>>59381632
Calm down certfag
>>
File: 1460651148758.png (93KB, 881x907px) Image search: [Google]
1460651148758.png
93KB, 881x907px
>>59381939
>Congratulations, you just described how everyone feels fresh from the college with a degree. Nobody wants an employee without experience. What's your point?
How can you be so stupid to completely miss OP's point?
>>
>>59381599
>Go to university
>Code like a baby
>Throw around Software Engineering guidelines

>Go to College
>Code with copy/past W3school templates

>Self taught
>See above or better

>Law firm != doing a case for realz on intake
>Construction != building a house on intake
>Software company {Yeah doing a real true Scotsman here} == Basic coding task on intake.

Also
> Companies in general don't take +- 3 months to see if you fit at all, with you getting booted regardless of papers if you can't work for shit.
>>
>>59383833
NEET detected
>>
>>59381811
oops
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.