[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Construction Technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (1MB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 540x960px
Has construction technology any advances lately?
>>
File: 5d1ea017376e1e540168528c3011f0d8.jpg (121KB, 610x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5d1ea017376e1e540168528c3011f0d8.jpg
121KB, 610x1000px
AutoCAD 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...
>>
>>59378746
Probably, but like just about every other line of work, getting people to actually use the new techniques and tools is fucking impossible.
>>
>>59379103
construction works don't tend to be very interested in new ideas and technologies
they're mostly fine with paper and pencils
>>
File: is_this_the_end_01.png (57KB, 257x214px) Image search: [Google]
is_this_the_end_01.png
57KB, 257x214px
>>59379055
>mfw doing 3D in AutoCAD for the first time
I'll stick to solid works.
>>
>>59378746

>not owning robots that 3D Print a bridge all by themselves without any instructions
>>
>>59380143
In Amsterdam's Red Light district of all places. Lol
>>
>>59380143
the control algorithm is made of instructions
>>
>>59380159

no from what i can tell they let the robots come up with the design and way how to do it all by themselves
>>
Speaking of public buildings, BIM oriented software like Revit is currently revolutionizing the interaction between structural engineers, architects, installers and economic planners
It also allows for quick project reviews, so we can detect design faults in early stages. That's also my job.

Also, we can currently 3D print residential houses walls
>>
>>59380173
Scary!
>>
>>59380173
if anyone said they did it by themselves it's just news sensationallism, it's obviously based on an algorithm; of course the algorithm will be dynamic but it's nothing the robots came up with themselves
>>
>>59380218

>it's nothing the robots came up with themselves

who came up with it then? does free will exist?!! you obviously consist out of atoms ... did you ever come up with all of your shit by yourself?! was it pre-determined? theres no difference between a human that uses information to do something with it and a robot doing literally the same
>>
>>59380210
HVAC designer reporting in, using revit for 5 months, yes this software is really great, currently working on museum that would be impossible to design without revit. But still, revit lacks in terms of duct calculations, hydronic blancing, also in energy calculations, every country have different standards, there is better software for that.
>>
>>59380263
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>59380332
My HVAC installer uses a revit plugin for energy calculation for hot and cold water generators (if you're talking about air treatment units). Costs a fuckton but he seems happy with it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.