[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you be more like hackernews /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: news.jpg (9KB, 740x350px) Image search: [Google]
news.jpg
9KB, 740x350px
Why can't you be more like hackernews /g/?
>>
We're on 4chan... Somewhere inside we all hate ourselves
>>
>Disrupting disruption in silicon valley
>10 things I hate about Drumpf
>Ask HN: Is my code racist?
>Noun.js a new JS framework that will revolutionize the web
>Neural network in 1 line of python
>>
>>59377839
you mean to say that isn't normal behavior?
>>
>>59377826
Hackernews is fucking hell. 'The market has a solution to everything.'. 'There's nothing bad about the market that can't be fixed by what's right about the market.' Ideological religion of the market circle jerk with the occasion very technical jargon heavy inside discussion of something very specific circle jerk. Unless you're a tech pro that bends over for the market expect to get voted off the island.

The shit is here of course, but there is also a lot more variety. The downvote is about as articulate as a dog bark. At least a snarky picture response requires some creativity.
>>
>>59377962
Their discussions though. Miles ahead of reddit, 4chan, and anything between.
>>
>>59377984
And very politically correct and not funny
>>
>>59377826
It's pretty OK for the neo-/g/ because the neo-/g/ actually consists of pajeets and gaymers, the generation grown up on iPads and other monkey-tier toys. There're no more nerd-tier memes like the "install Gentoo" meme, because it's NP-hard for a neo-/g/ habitue to use Gentoo as a primary OS on a daily basis.
>>
>>59377962
>hating liberty and free markets

Kill yourself.
>>
>>59377826
if you want to mingle with indians just take a shit and play with your turds
>>
File: Photo Apr 07, 20 41 31.jpg (206KB, 777x759px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Apr 07, 20 41 31.jpg
206KB, 777x759px
Hacker News is the embodiment of everything wrong with the tech industry. Silicon valley should be burned to the ground and its whole food markets and tesla dealership salted.

I fucking hate "nerds" so much.
>>
>>59377826
Hijacking my own thread, but does /g/ ever do anything? There's always news about 4chan doing impressive things but all I see is shitposting
>>
>>59378054
wow haha epic le poo in loo joke epic sense of humor good sir haha xd
>>
>>59377826
make a hackernews discussion thread
>>
>>59378067
>oh no they actually discuss things constructively they are literally hitler why can't they be more like my shitposting cesspool /g/
I hate contrarian retards like you
>>
>Why we switched from Rust to Go
>Migrating our service to Rust
>Rewriting our app in Haskell
>Rust vs Go
>Why we switched from Go to Rust
>>
>>59377826
>>59377962
>>59377984
HN is practically reddit for programmers. Actually some sub-reddits are better than it. It's like going to a good subreddit, nothing more.
>>
>>59377826
http://n-gate.com/hackernews/
>>
>>59378095
shitposting > virtue-signalling
>>
*starts shilling the latest javascript framework and hipster programing language on a macbook pro*
>>
>>59378095
>Open tech story
>Expect comments about the technology
>Comments are hyper partisan political shit-flinging
I think you and the rest of the world have different ideas about what is constructive.
>>
>>59377826
HN is just Googleshill centr.. oh wait, it's like that here too.
>>
the best discussions and smartest minds are definitely on hacker news

it's just some of them have very strong opinions and is slightly leftist
>>
>>59377826
>hackernews
>http://gomez.wtf/set-up-a-cheap-cloud-hosted-adblocker-in-an-hour-for-2-50-a-month/

shill
>>
>>59378531
>the best discussions and smartest minds are definitely on hacker news
They're all fucking macfags, there is no fucking intelligent discussions ever in Hackernews.
>>
>>59378569
>there is no fucking intelligent discussions ever in Hackernews.

as opposed to the brain graveyard that is /g/.
>>
Is there a place left on the internet with intelligent discussion with varying points of views?
>>
>>59377826
install gentoo
>>
>>59379903
reddit
>>
I'm a faggot and used reddit back when it was spam from the founders in 2006, the programming subreddit and hackernews are literally farmed by people who just constantly cross-post articles between the two.
>>
Here's what I see a lot of on HN

542 Points - Why We Stopped Using Angular
>3 paragraph blog with nothing specific other than "we decided we would get more recruits for our high-churn hell-office by advertising a different framework"
>900 comments with everyone evangelising their pet framework

So in this sense, it's a lot like Reddit where the upvotes are based on VALUES presented in the headline rather than CONTENT of the article

For this reason, every "crowdsourced" news site is doomed to fail
I recommend finding Great Men of the field your passionate about, and following them however you can
The rest is chaff and should be sent to the Chaff Centre
>>
>>59380113
Funny how the Power-User controversies pretty much sunk Digg, yet Reddit has a very similarly exploitable system and nobody cares.
>>
>>59380167
I'd say reddit has a more retarded user-base than digg did. It is basically normie internet portal for people that pretend they are smart. It's basically facebook.
>>
>>59380179
True. In general I think that style of site, with a strict 24-hour cycle, users determining what is important and what isn't, and the repercussions of those two things intermingling... it's a dead end. What kind of system do we use instead? Go back to the Old Ways?
>>
File: 1483702645130.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483702645130.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>"""""contrarian""""" opinion
>Top of the thread, results in a huge circlejerk
>Actual contrarian opinion, sourced and developed
>Flagged in .2 seconds

It's so easy to post comments that are basically HN bait and steer the conversation to your advantage. I do it for fun because I love flaming but I see a ton of people using exactly the same techniques as me to shill their shit.
>>
I really don't know why I visit the place anymore. The same old shit gets upvoted whereas genuinely interesting stuff tends to get downvoted to oblivion, especially if its not something to do with a y-combinator startup.
>>
>>59377947

>10 things I hate about Drumpf

Trump is quite terrible for technology.
>>
>>59380459
same. personally I think it's fomo since there isn't really any other source for by-the-minute tech news
>>
>>59377826
More like lamernews.
>>
>>59377826
Because we have less moderation.
>>
HN is 75% paid shills, mostly by Microsoft.
>>
>>59377984
Only r/machinelearning is top notch on internet.
>>
>>59378296
>some sub-reddits are better than it

Name some, anon.
>>
>>59377826
>HackerNews
>7) Scotland to seek second independence referendum
>>
>>59377947
From time to time, there's something worth reading, like the various articles about the inner workings of C that were posted recently. But I admit it's like searching for gold in a pile of shit.
>>
>>59383395
>But I admit it's like searching for gold in a pile of shit.

So 4chan?
>>
>>59383521
4chan is a cesspool
>>
>>59383579
sometimes you find bog iron
>>
File: 1488163211765.jpg (11KB, 320x231px) Image search: [Google]
1488163211765.jpg
11KB, 320x231px
>>59377962
I think that's how HN certainly used to be several years ago, but now it's pretty mainstream and populated with the lowest common denominator programmers. So you see a lot of mainstream progressive opinions that t. urbanfag has. Same thing happened to Reddit - when it started there were a lot of libertarians; as it got popular you get the prog circlejerk that is /r/politics.
>>
>>59377826
4chan is not owned by sneaky jews. HN is.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.