[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I unironically enable telemetry and send bug reports because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1346666151244.gif~c200.gif (567KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1346666151244.gif~c200.gif
567KB, 200x200px
I unironically enable telemetry and send bug reports because I want to improve software.
>>
Me too, but only for open source software so I know exactly what data is sent.
>>
>>59377479
There's nothing wrong with telemetry, just enabling by default and providing no way to turn it off.
>>
File: 1432263277632.jpg (7KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
1432263277632.jpg
7KB, 207x200px
>>59377479
Why not just contribute to free software?
They're going to just take that data and sell it without patching anything.
>>
>>59377479
Linus grew up to become a very successful businessman, so don't poke fun of him with that gif, he was just having fun there.
>>
>>59377499
You know nothing. You haven't read the code. OpenBSD had CIA code for years: https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129236621626462&w=2
>>
>>59378270
Why would I read the source code of something I don't use? Idiot.
>>
>>59378270
Was this fixed?
Also why would DARPA found OpenBSD?
>>
>>59377479
thank you, OPerator
>>
>>59377509
I would be much less salty about telemetry if it was invariably opt-in instead of opt-out.

Of course then the developers will say "But that's an unrepresentative sample, we need it from EVERYONE!" and then try and push you into it, and off we go again.
>>
>>59378270

No offense, but that's a speculative claim at best.

Is it true? Probably.
Can it be proven? Doubtful.
>>
>>59378708
Just saying, the notion that "open source is automatically secure" is stupid. Open source is MORE insecure than closed source that you trust the provider since anyone can see it, so the ONLY security above closed source is that you DON'T trust the closed provider (which is a legit concern) but that means both are insecure anyway.

The takeaway is a Windows 10 user that is smart is 800% more secure than a stupid user on booboontoo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.