[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop using Google.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1481636863817.jpg (135KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
1481636863817.jpg
135KB, 762x464px
Stop using Google.
>>
>>59372874
thanks for the tip varg
>>
>>59372891
varg believes in pagan gods and is retarded
>>
>>59372874
I wish captcha would fuck off too. If they insist on using it couldn't they at least use some shitty non-google captcha? I hate knowing I'm doing free work for google.
>>
>>59372874
All hail Searx
>>
https://searx.me/
>>
>>59372874
why should i listen to le viking stop man?
>>
>>59372940
You can disable JS to avoid the botnet.
>>
>>59373137
Disabling JS only works for captcha v2 though
>>
Already using Startpage exclusively.

I tried using DDG for a while, but found it to be frustratingly bad at matching the results with what I meant. It's really nice feeling and looking, but not very good for me in terms of results.

Searching for concepts in physics and mathematics with potentially ambiguous names could be a pain. Also, searching for local things was frustrating at times. Too often I'd just get annoyed and go to google anyway.
>be searching for thing
>hmmm, this isn't really close to what I want
>add "!g"
>ah, there it is

I'm surprised that I haven't experienced the same frustration with Startpage so far, as I reckoned the uninteresting results of DDG were due to them not tailoring their engine to a profile of me they stored in a secret folder. Startpage on the other hand feels like a reskinned google that takes half a second to load instead of being instantaneous.

Which ones do you guys use? Is there a way to improve the results of DDG that I am not aware of? Besides giving slightly worse results, I actually prefer the feel of it to SP.
>>
What's a good search engine for mobile?
>>
>>59374353
Startpage is useless especially when I use search operators. Do they do something to fuck with Google's results?
>>
>>59374573
I rarely need search operators beyond quotation marks, so it hasn't bugged me at all so far. What bugs you in particular?
>>
>>59372874
Impossible, they rule the world.
>>
File: Smug Pajeet.png (293KB, 1131x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Pajeet.png
293KB, 1131x1015px
>mfw using Chrome with Bing set as my default search engine
>mfw I defeated the botnet
>>
>>59372874
>implying the tail is wagging the dog
>>
>>59374666
>If I have enough types of cancer, they will start fighting eachother

genious
>>
>>59374700
Analogy is topkek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.