[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is Agile Development? It feels like a buzzword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1473594322918.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473594322918.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What the hell is Agile Development?

It feels like a buzzword like Big Data, the Cloud, or Framework.

Everywhere I go they give me different answers. Hell even my SE professor only gave a vague explanation saying it was "iterative developmenet". Can someone please clarify?
>>
>>59368663

you do what is asked, nothing more.
>>
It's about adjusting development towards fulfilling features over finished projects with well established plans and roadmaps.

The idea is that changing requirements are real and agile solves this problem by simply redirecting work towards the new vision of the month.
>>
>>59368695
>>59368719
Thank you good lads.
>>
>>59368663
BU by any chance?
>>
>>59368808
No. Sorry.
>>
>>59368695
>>59368719
So it is just a buzzword for "plan as you go".
Who comes up with this shit anyway?
>>
>>59368663
Google SCRUM.
>>
File: 1445639257842.jpg (106KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1445639257842.jpg
106KB, 768x1024px
>>59370241
Agile Development is just GO HORSE with more meetings
>>
>>59368719
This basically. Saying anything more than this would be too specific as everyone has their own flavor of it. It's just a methodology and like all methodologies there are things it's good at and things it's bad at, unfortunately people have latched onto it like it's a panacea with which they can solve any and all productivity problems regardless of context.
>>
>>59370299
>like it's a panacea with which they can solve any and all productivity problems regardless of context.

To be honest it's a pretty good work methodology. Especially if you look at what was used before i.e waterfall and what not.
>>
>>59370373
>Especially if you look at what was used before i.e waterfall and what not.
This is precisely the problem. Whenever anyone criticizes agile you get the same cookiecutter response: "It's not waterfall". Yeah, we know, that doesn't make it suitable in every context or actively good, it's basically just saying "Some structure is better than none".
>>
It's the realization that you can't create a perfect finished software product by theory/plans alone. You have to accept imperfection in order to actually get something done and continuously work on those imperfections and new ones that appear while you develop.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.