[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ryzen Flops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why /a/ started to lie about (Ry)Zen just before launch as if it was Skylake level knowing for more than a year that would be not?
>>
>x87
where is that even used outside of SuperPi?
>>
>>59368565
i think a lot of the shilling was from greedy amd shareholders who wanted to pump up the stock. or some paid shills or very mentally ill fanboys
>>
>>59368747
physx
>>
>>59370826
If PhsyX isn't using some modern SIMD I'll bite my head off.
>>
>>59370840
When physx was first put into games they let it run x87 so required game code could run, see borderlands and the loot dropping as an example, the small amounts used were pretty much inconsequential, but the moment you do something heavy like cloth or object collision with particles in the few hundred thousands range, the fact its on x87 along with being heavily single threaded shits everything up to the point you needed an nvidia gpu.

Back then it was thought that if physx was multithreaded and x86 based, it would be able to be run on the cpu alone without gpu acceleration and achieve playable framerates.

Not sure about modern physx, as the only games I can think of that used physx extensively was borderlands
>>
>>59370959
The thing is PhysX is practically tailor made for vector SIMD like AVX, there should be no real reason not to leverage it.
>>
>>59368858

Versus your venerable position of authority on excellence in mental health.

Tell us how many theories about consumer optimism you can come up with.
>>
>>59371008
make it run like shit on anything that doesn't have nvidia hardware to accelerate it.

but again, I know nothing of the modern gameworks version.
>>
>>59371008
Jewish machinations.
>>
File: amdloo.png (316KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
amdloo.png
316KB, 882x758px
>>59368565
SIR DELET DIS OR MY 32 CHILDREN WILL STARVE
>>
>>59371029
you're retarded if you were on /g/ during the ryzen launch and the weeks leading up to it and you didn't see any shilling and intellectual dishonesty
>>
>>59371008
they open sourced the cpu-based version of physx so even if they programmed it poorly on purpose, since it's open source it should be possible to improve it at least with the help of the game developers
>>
>>59371386
Did they? From my understanding they open sourced components of gameworks but black boxed major shit.

They only opened it up after witcher 3 and the tessellation bullshit that happened.
>>
>>59371428
https://developer.nvidia.com/content/latest-physx-source-code-now-available-free-github
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.