[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Radar is technology What radar detector does /g/ prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20170304_153749_HDR~2.jpg (1MB, 3120x3496px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_153749_HDR~2.jpg
1MB, 3120x3496px
Radar is technology

What radar detector does /g/ prefer?
>>
File: mah-nigga.jpg (13KB, 318x248px) Image search: [Google]
mah-nigga.jpg
13KB, 318x248px
>>59368015
Mah nigga. V1's the only radar detector that's not a meme.

Need to get mine updated because of all the stray K radiation (fuck you lane change detection systems) but the update's going to cost only slightly less than a new one.
>>
>>59368042
In my city cops exclusively use ka so I just disabled k and x completely and run it unfiltered
>>
>>59368042
Saw these for years in the back of pop sci magazine, are they worth the price?
>>
>>59368015
Stop breaking the law, Jamal.
>>
What a weird thread. This reminds me of those ham radio threads. We really need a separate board for boomers and weirdos who like this stuff. You guys are like Dwight Shrute and his weird friend.
>>
>>59368068
Like I said - only detector that's not a meme. Also the only detector that tells you what direction the signal's coming from (if you're getting radar'd from behind, who cares - they can't tell your speed).

It's a bit expensive, but you can find 'em used for not much. Even older ones are solid.
>>
>>59368067
I tried that on mine, but the result was all of the K alerts just got promoted to KA alerts

>>59368087
>he drives the posted speed limit all the time
What's it like being a danger to yourself and others?
>>
>>59368135
>boomers
>weirdos
What's weird about putting a thing in your car that means you can drive sane speeds and not get tickets?
>>
>>59368068

A ticket is like $300, I got my v1 used for $250 with the remote display, I haven't gotten a ticket in three years now speeding everywhere

It's worth it for the peace of mind alone easily. No constantly monitoring the rearview just because I'm doing 15 over on the highway. Feels good man
>>
>>59368135
>speeding is weird

-T.busrider
>>
>>59368160
>>>59368067 (You)
>I tried that on mine, but the result was all of the K alerts just got promoted to KA alerts

Huh. Check the documentation, that shouldn't happen if you set it correctly. You can turn off band detection.
>>
>>59368176
>>59368196
just follow the speed limit autistic fucks
>>
>>59368232
Try doing that on a highway and not the country roads of Kentucky where you live, and you'll probably get into an accident.

Speed limits are artificially lower than safe driving speeds. The autist is the one that can't understand this.
>>
>>59368286
>Try doing that on a highway and not the country roads of Kentucky where you live, and you'll probably get into an accident.
hurudur kentucky xD

learn to drive retard
>>
>>59368232
Nobody drives the speed limit

Keeping up with the flow of traffic means breaking the law. A radar detector helps you live life without getting pinched
>>
>>59368340
This. Speed limits are kept lower than the 85th percentile speed of the average flow of traffic (statistically the safest speed), solely so the piggies can make more moneys.

There's no reason a straight interstate outside of cities should have a speed limit less than 85/90.
>>
>>59368364
Truth
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.