[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's up with Blackberry /g/? Are they kill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

So what's up with Blackberry /g/?
Are they kill?
>>
File: 348_1000.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
348_1000.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>59366441
yes
>>
>>59366441
Yes. They were too mentally retarded to realize why the Blackberry Priv failed
>>
>>59367982
probably no toolbelt and XBOXHUEG screen
>>
>>59368263
- Huge bloated sofftware which makes the Priv crawl despite having a good SoC (Overheating aside)
- Monthly android security updates have been coming slower and slower lately. Calling it the most secure android phone is a joke. No communication from their part on the issue.
- Priv is still on marshmallow with no indications of it getting Nougat ever. No communication on the issue.
- Extremely high prohibitive price, despite having a midrange SoC
- Awful customer support and warranty conditions outside Europe
>>
>>59368358
>I dont experience this bloat? although I disabled every meme features like battery edge,all advanced interactions(did you know somehow flip phone to save power consumes when power when enabled) and tap to wake.
>well its natural that there isnt something to fix every month and blackbery is the most secure android phone?
>they are waiting for keyone to push android 7 I believe since keyone will rollout with 7
>priv is not a generic glass slab. price is for unique hardware.
>I agree on this. there is not even a place I can use the warrant where I live.

I dont think blackberry is fucked up with priv. at least they gained some kind of marketshare again
>>
>>59366441
Nope. They just didn't change their target like all other companies when iPhone appeared. I think they're doing fine in their own business niche.
>>
What does BB even do anymore? BB10 is dead, so they don't do software, and they've outsourced the production of phones, so they don't do hardware.

What's left?
>>
>>59369016
isnt keyone inhouse? they only outsourced the dtek line. also the rumor is there will be another classic model with bbos.
>>
>>59369016
They actually do the software for the new phones. You know, packing the whole Android to work on the phone, BB Hub and other stuff. Wikipedia says they also do non-phone software (supposedly for cars and industrial plants).
>>
>>59369083
The Keyone is the last inhouse designed phone. They will still provide software for any future phones.
>>
>>59368526
I believe the Hub is the main problem. Especially when it's full of shit.

there are always monthly security updates by Google. They’re just slacking off in applying them to blackberries.

Yes the Keyone will come with Nougat, there is 0 news of it ever coming to the Priv
>>
>>59368526
>>59368358
>>59369016
They want to become a security focused software company. They want Blackberry to be a person's first thought when thinking about security. This was all said in a recent interview.

That said, if they really are slacking on the security updates, then well..
>>
>>59366749
>>59366441
Trashy
>>
>>59369398
>>59368526
They don’t use hardware accelerated full disk encryption, which slows down the phone
>>
>>59368358
don't forget shit build quality and overheating
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.