[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rust confirmed for C++ 2: Electric Boogaloo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1445723327309.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1445723327309.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>there are gullible faggots here who actually thought this language would save them from the monstrosity that is C++

https://sdleffler.github.io/RustTypeSystemTuringComplete/
>>
This is what happens when you crowdsource language design on a forum full of autistic dilettantes who spend more time wanking over PL theory than actually writing code.
So glad I went with Go instead of this shit.
>>
>>59345069
>I went with Go instead
It's the same, but the hype is left.
>>
File: 1462974416338.png (845KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1462974416338.png
845KB, 960x717px
>>59344950
Exactly what I want in my type system
>>
BASED RUST
>>
>>59344950
>Everybody I know, whether it’s personal or corporate, selects a subset and these subsets are different. So it’s not a good language to transport an algorithm—to say, "I wrote it; here, take it." It’s way too big, way too complex. And it’s obviously built by a committee. Reddit campaigned for years and years and years, way beyond any sort of technical contributions they made to the language, to get it adopted and used. And they sort of ran all the standards committees with a whip and a chair. And they said "no" to no one. They put every feature in that language that ever existed. It wasn't cleanly designed—it was just the union of everything that came along. And I think it suffered drastically from that.

Accurate description of rust tb.h
>>
Can someone explain the drama surrounding rust? Ive only seen it on here, when people are shitting on it.
>>
>>59345542
>Ive only seen it on here, when people are shitting on it.
They've been shilling it on hackernews and reddit too.
Don't worry Mozilla will run out money soon and then the shills will disappear.
>>
>>59345542
C tards are jealous because Rust has LOTS more featues while being safer ootb than C.

Rust is also as complex as C++. /g/ babbies are newbie programmers and thus hate C++ and Rust. C is a pretty small and easy language to learn and so /g/ defends it because C is the only thing /g/ will ever be good(!) at
>>
>>59345557
>Reading comprehension

That aside, other than shilling it, what the fuck is going on with rust?
>>
>>59345566
They are trying to make another c++ killer.
>>
>>59345579
meh, C++ will kill itself eventually.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.