[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single Board Computers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Top 10 SBC.jpg (45KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
Top 10 SBC.jpg
45KB, 500x327px
I want to buy one to experiment with. Which one should I get?

I've been thinking about one of the Raspberry Pi, but I could be convinced otherwise.
>>
Can you run Windows with a Via processor?
>>
>>59343749
Forget it, I googled it and apparently some do have Windows 10 support.
>>
Just get a raspi - its well supported and documented online
>>
File: 1442992561393.jpg (23KB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
1442992561393.jpg
23KB, 320x254px
>>59343749
>Via
They still exists?
I remember when i bought a laptop with a via processor and winblows vosta
worse purchase ever.
>>
>>59343749
Get one of the intel atom based boards.
>>
>>59343665
Where the fuck are my ppc based sbcs?
>>
You can look up lists of SBCs to find one that matches what you need to do if you have a specific need but some of the common ones like raspberry pi, beagle bone, orange pi, and odroid will be best for someone wanting general purpose and good value.

I've used both raspberry pi and odroids and I can vouch for both of them. I've used rpi 1 model b, RPI 3, odroid c1 and odroid xu4. Odroid stands out for having the best performance but you pay more for it. Raspberry pi on the other hand is more affordable and the documentation is unparalleled
>>
>>59344066
>a laptop with a via processor and winblows vosta
impressive
last time i touched a via cpu was in ~2006, someone i knew got a cheap-as-shit windows xp box with a via C7 cpu
my god, that thing struggled just playing mp3's in winamp
>>
>>59344066
>he isn't using a Samsung NC20 with a VIA processor and linux installed to avoid the botnet
Everything else is a botnet.
>>
are there new boards with similar price/perf ratio to the orange pi zeros?
>>
>>59344442
>anything from allwinner
It's confirmed botnet.
>>
>>59343665
What are you looking to do specifically? I would recommend a RP3 for pretty much any usecase just because of the community but if you're looking to be cheap about it go full cheap and get an orange pi zero.

I have both and I use the RP3 for a Kodi box and the OPZ is pretty much an always-on linux computer that I run a twitter bot off of as well as pi-hole. It's pretty good for really low-power uses but it's a pain to get video-out so unless you're willing to work to do it it's going to be headless-only pretty much.
>>
>>59345403
I don't care if it's botnet, I care about price/perf and specs
also, by that logic, most phones are botnet... since samsung and qualcomm SoCs have had vulns in the past, too
>>
>>59343665

Asus has some all-in one workstation boards which are passively cooled, otherwise just get Raspberry Pi
>>
>>59344028
and this centurys biggest cause of buyers remorse because its too underpowered to be a computer, and nobody actually buys it because they have a project for it in mind
>>
>>59350055
>nobody actually buys it because they have a project for it in mind
I did, shitlord.
>>
>>59350055
Speak for your self, nigger.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.