[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building a new PC and looking for a good smallish mATX case.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_9503[1].jpg (81KB, 800x704px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9503[1].jpg
81KB, 800x704px
Building a new PC and looking for a good smallish mATX case.

Going to be doing some serious OCing with a custom loop so was looking at the Thermaltake V21 core but I'm worried that the PSU being seated directly below the CPU socket might cause heat issues? Could I just slap thermal insulator there?

Are there any other nice mATX cases around?

Also it has to be able to fit a 140mm and a 120mm rad somewhere.
>>
The PSU has a completely seperate airflow from the rest of the case of you point the intake against a vent and the exhaust pointing back
>>
>>59340022

I use a Corsair 240 Air.

Full custom water loop with 2x 240mm radiators. Had to cut open the side with a saw to make it fit though.
>>
>>59340209

Can it fit 2x 3,5" HDD's?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>59340776
N200 does
But I removed the HDD cage because who uses HDDs in current year
>>
Did 2 builds with this case, soon to be a third. Tons of airflow. PSU placement is no issue.
>>
Got a Coolgate CG280 and EK SE 240 in a V21. Just about fits. One of the radiators has to be thin or it will interfere with the GPU!
Could fit a third radiator (thin as possible 240mm or 180mm) in the front of the case, but that would be overkill for my build.

Only downsides to the V21 is that it's actually pretty big for a mATX case and you can't buy a windowless sidepanel separately. I'm considering buying a second case just to have all 3 panels in mesh.

alternative for 240+280mm rads would be Fractal Node 804, but that doesn't fit all 280mm radiators and I think it's a pretty tight fit overall. Looks better though IMO.

Also Anidees AI7. Actually smaller than a V21 and fits ATX boards. Only 240mm rads though. Think you can fit 3 of them though.
>>
>>59341183

Yeah they feel a bit big looking at reviews. Maybe a Node 308 is a better option. Or a prodigy M.
>>
I have 2 fractal design node 304
room for an SSD, 5x HDD, 1 pci-E card and has lots of nice fans; recommend
>>
>>59340022
My V21 Core is sat next to me right now, I love it. Really cheap, good build quality, well thought out design, smallish but not cramped in the slightest. If I weren't about to go laptop only I'd keep it forever.

If you're in the UK I could give you a good price?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.