[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do they keep getting away with it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: micro.png (4KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
micro.png
4KB, 350x350px
How do they keep getting away with it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>59337835

CONDITIONIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>59337835

because honestly it works pretty damn well and the alternatives are either buy a Mac or deal with the headache that is Linux
>>
>>59337835
Some think it's good because it comes with every toaster and waffle maker
>>
>>59337835

You try writing an OS that does everything Windows can do across that much hardware and see what kind of clusterfuck you wind up with
>>
>>59337835
because you dont need """terminal"""", or memorize endless commands, you dont need to """compile"""" or whatever garbage to just fucking use your fucking computer for once.
Because I just want to fucking turn on the stupid computer and start using it, I dont care to learn literal useless trash to feel like im a "cumputer scientist"
Because Im not a fucking pedo scared of CIA spying on my pc and pend days asking and talking about encryption on /g/
Fuck you pedo
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (5KB, 290x173px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
5KB, 290x173px
>>59337849

>alternatives are either buy a Mac
>buy a mac to use macOS
>2017
>>
File: 1478997484080.jpg (79KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
1478997484080.jpg
79KB, 640x452px
>>59337849

I'm supporting Windows 7 and 10 for a living and few weeks ago I installed Linux mint to my home laptop. I just don't like 10. Also, eclipse and office 365 work fine with mint also.

To you, sir, I'll say that there is way less headache with mint that there is with win 10.
>>
>>59337939
>To you, sir, I'll say that there is way less headache with mint that there is with win 10.

for your one computer

can you install mint on an ATM machine and use it to control all the hardware? Can you use mint in an enterprise environment and push updates to it via a server? Can you use mint to communicate with every printer on the market or that you would run into in an office? Can Mint run the newest DirectX?

Windows is easier to use in a large business environment and supports more hardware and software and is easier to control for an IT department in charge of many workstations or laptops.

that is the appeal, it would be more expensive to run linux desktops if you had 500 employees than a windows environment because of the lack of support for things businesses need to do
>>
>>59337835
normies be all computer illiterate.
>>
>>59337913
This
>>
File: 1480969578927.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1480969578927.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
>>59338270
>>
>>59338270
>DirectX
>>>/v/
>>
File: pinkman.gif (946KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
pinkman.gif
946KB, 245x245px
>>
>>59337913
>nothing to hide nothing to fear
>>
>>59338270
I'm reminded of that European country who tried to switch ask their machines to Linux. The biggest issue wasn't the issues you mentioned, but that the employees didn't know how to use Ubuntu. Linux could work just fine in an enterprise environment, but nobody is trained for it
>>
>>59337835
Windows API.
muh PS/office/cad will save microsoft anus until it's don't crash too often. Anyway they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>59338270
If you're a paid shill, you're going to lose your payment.
>>
>>59337835
Supports pretty much all software.
>>
File: cucks.jpg (408KB, 2064x1275px) Image search: [Google]
cucks.jpg
408KB, 2064x1275px
>be microsoft
>constantly sin against computing
>add telemetry to even piss off normies
>prepare for crash course
>sheeple eat it up like hot shit

DEVELOPERS DEVELEOPERS
>>
>>59338623
Nope. The biggest issue was that the decided to roll their own distribution instead of using something with support.
>>
Get away with what?

They've been fighting the literal government in court over privacy issues
>>
>>59337849
le normo cancer
>>
Long term they won't. They're now led by a pajeet so eventually the company will crash and burn.
>>
>>59341407
Eh, W10 is pretty good at addressing the issues with Metro to be honest
>>
>>59341450
Win7 has the best version of metro.
>>
>>59341457
no not really.

The Settings app in 10 is a great improvement over the old control panel, and 7 doesn't have the Win+X supermenu
>>
>>59337835
because their competition is so bad that it makes the garbage that microsoft puts out looks passable
>>
>>59341281
...publicly

Remember when "they" said they would stop collection on Americans and leave that to the "private" sector?
Then Windows 10 "telemetry" and forced "updates" came about.

Win 10 can be modified at any time and you can't do anything about it.
You think M$ will protect that from the people that can get away with lying to congress?
>>
>>59338569
> my pc is monitored
> i search for vacations overseas
> i now start getting ads for vacations overseas
wow gee whizz it's almost like i'm getting ads showing me things i'm actively looking for stop the presses
>>
File: gatesmug.jpg (98KB, 675x475px) Image search: [Google]
gatesmug.jpg
98KB, 675x475px
>>59337835
arrogance.
>>
>>59340003
Funny anecdote: satya does monthly address with all full-time employees. Last month, some poo in loo asked him if microsoft was bribing the indian government. Satya unironically responded that yes, microsoft does do that.
>>
Windows has games, the most hardware support for consumer level stuff, it has an app store so normies can download Netflix, Facebook, and Angry Birds, and a simple enough interface.

The only company that offers anything close to that and is also accessible to normies is Apple, and they've priced themselves out of competing with most of the computer market (cheap laptops).
>>
>>59341524
>Win 10 can be modified at any time and you can't do anything about it.
I actually have a funny story about that. It turns out that it takes less than an hour to make any microsoft product collect a new kind of statistic via telemetry and have this update pushed worldwide.
>>
>>59337913
None of that stuff is necessary to use Linux unless you choose a distro like arch. Honestly Linux is surpassing Windows in most ways lately.
>>
Linux is getting a pretty good chunk of the market actually.

>chromebooks
>android
>server
>nearly every iot device
>>
>>59337913
I literally need to program if I want to be able to change my volume in windows because my keyboard does not have media keys. In linux, I just go to the shortcut options, press a key, and it's done.
>>
>>59337913
CIA spys on everything pretty competently.
Microsoft spying is shit and they'll end up accidentally releasing a few million credit card numbers one day.
>>
>>59337835
He paid the bill and opened the gates
>>
Capitalism encourages it.
>>
>>59342603
>funny
I wish I could see the humor in:
>computer AI:
adjust propaganda( adjustByEffectivenessNess(towardObjective(MORESUBMISSIVE, GRADUAL_2)), LogEffectivenessNow(myHome + work), HELPFUL_HINTS_ON );
>>
File: Sam Hyde.jpg (35KB, 243x483px) Image search: [Google]
Sam Hyde.jpg
35KB, 243x483px
>>59337835
Because they hired this man as a secret operative to ensure everything goes their way.
>>
>>59337937
>linux user fails to upload gif correctly.
>>
>>59342704
Or u can click the volume icon??
>>
>>59341737
>bully you went to school with gets job collecting data for a corporation for advertisements
>he recognizes your name
>starts stalking you collecting personal information
>starts stalking your family members too
>knows your family intimately and social engineers a situation to bang your mom while you're on vacation
>come back home from vacation
>nudes of your mom on /b/
post yfw you see her cumshot
>>
>>59337835
They might not have gotten away with it this time. I'm massively overpaying for parts to get as futureproofed I can a Win 7 computer. I'm not moving on from this I don't think.
>>
Boiling Frogs

and... giving a company (with questionable ties) control over your computer protects you from the ebil miscrients and neer-do-wells of the evil modern world.

Trust us. We care about you and your values. Really.
>>
>>59345121
WE DO goddamnit...
Haven't we made it clear what you're values are?
Stop looking at me like that
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.