[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to switch to Linux, but i still want to have all of my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Chrysanthemum.jpg (859KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysanthemum.jpg
859KB, 1024x768px
I want to switch to Linux, but i still want to have all of my windows games. Wine is kinda shit, and if i dual boot windows then it defeats the point of trying to be more secure. Is the only answer having two computers?
pic unrelated
>>
You could run Windows in a virtual machine and set up GPU passthrough if you have suitable hardware.

Keywords for [search engine of choice]: vfio gpu pci passthrough
>>
>>59335385
How about Linux inside a virtual machine?
>>
>>59335397
That would work but I wouldn't call it "switching to Linux".
>>
>>59335223
Switching to Linux doesn't automatically make you more secure, why don't you just dual boot?

Do all your non-gaming shit in whatever distro you feel like using and only use Windows for the games. At least you won't be browsing or doing anything illegal in Windows so you're less likely to get malware
>>
Linux is not more secure. Haven't you seen the latest Wikileaks releases?
>>
>>59335385
I was thinking about this but does having windows in any way on the computer compromise my security?
>>
>>59335452
Linux is not secure by default, alot is done in Subgraph already in terms of security.
You can make it so secure as you want.
>>
>I want to switch to Linux
Why?
>>
>>59335712
No. If you are smart with what you are doing then you will be fine. Don't download dodgy shit and have good anti-malware services. Linux based malware is becoming more common nowadays as well
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.