[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best KDE non-rolling distro?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: kde-plasma-5.9.jpg (18KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
kde-plasma-5.9.jpg
18KB, 360x240px
What's the best KDE non-rolling distro?
>>
>>59334556
>best
>KDE distro
doesn't exist
>best
>non-rolling distro
doesn't exist
>>
>>59334564
>your life
doesn't exist
>>
What do you guys think of Mint 18.1 KDE edition?
>inb4 le unsecure meme
stfu retard
>>
>>59334595
What possible advantages does that have over Kubuntu?

Mint is just Ubuntu with slower updates
>>
>>59334619
Based on 16.04 LTS and has Plasma 5.8

You can't get that combination on Kubuntu

Also kubuntu has always been shit
>>
>>59334629
KDE, Ubuntu, and Mint are all shit

are there REALLY no KDE ppas? That's how it works on ubuntu gnome; when you want the most updated gnome just install the PPA
>>
>>59334556
Kubuntu ofc.
>>59334595
Why would you use Mint for anything other than Cinnamon?
>>
Is openSUSE leap good?
>>
>>59334556
KDE neon
>>
>>59334556
OpenSUSE..best gnu/linux distro ever
>>
Mint kde. My experience with kubuntu was countless bugs and problems. Mint just worked.
>>
>>59336322
I really want to use and like OpenSUSE but I can't shake the fact that compared to Fedora/Debian/Arch they have such a small dev team. Although what the OpenSUSE guys have achieved is quite fantastic, the fact that they lack the man power of the other main distributions means that updates and patches come a little slower. It's a shame that SUSE isn't as big as RedHat
>>
>>59335071
This is okay, it would be much better if it came with Apparmor configured out of the box like all of the other Ubuntu distributions
>>
File: 1480546104315.jpg (57KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1480546104315.jpg
57KB, 640x427px
>>59334556
The thing is, not that many distros use KDE as their default desktop. Those that give it as an option, usually either lack recent updates or don't have a nicely polished setup. So that leaves us with the following:

>openSUSE
Probably the one distro that supports KDE the most. It even has a patched version of firefox to help it blend in with Qt themes. With leap 42.2 they also managed to get shit a bit stable and proper again. They also finally gave Yast a proper Qt gui.

>Kubuntu
Not quite up to date, not quite getting it right, but they try. Used to be a solid distro, but got wonky like the rest of Ubuntu the moment systemd stepped in as the main init system.

>KDE Neon
KDE's own distro based on an LTS ubuntu base. Basically it's slowly becoming a better kind of Kubuntu. Provides both a more stable variation and one that offers more up to date packages.

>Chakra linux
Arch based with main focus on KDE. Latest update goes back to early 2016, so I have no idea whether it's still being updated. The installer was a piece of crap when I tried it back then.

>Mageia
Mandriva based with focus on KDE. Seems stable, but it also is a bit behind with the updates. This distro is actually being maintained though.
>>
>>59336826
>small team
>Novell
>>
KDE Neon
>>
Netrunner
>>
>>59337330
OpenSUSE is community driven and Novell has little/nothing to do with it. Novell/SUSE don't have as many devs as Fedora, yet alone Redhat
>>
>>59337221
Basically go with openSUSE if you want KDE then.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.