[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What really a thinkpad is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Ultrabook.jpg (160KB, 944x756px) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo_ThinkPad_X1_Ultrabook.jpg
160KB, 944x756px
Hello /g/, what is the difference between a thinkpad and a "normal" laptop?
>>
>>59332478
kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekkkkkk
nice bait
>>
One is for povertyfags the other is for plebs.
>>
The macbook pro with retina display does not have this problem.
>>
>>59332478
thinkpads have 1366x768px displays
>>
File: file.png (85KB, 775x532px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
85KB, 775x532px
>>59332609
Is that so?
>>
>>59332478
the clit
>>
>>59332614

>W7
>2GB ddr2 332MHz
>>
>>59332633
It's a 10 year old machine
Even my W520 isn't this comfy
>>
>>59332614
>2 gb ram
kek
>>
>>59332650
>implying you need more for shitposting
>>
so, the thinkpad is much cooler than macbook?
>>
>>59332679
in every aspect, yes
>>
because is more cheaper or what?
>>
>>59332726
The macbook pro with retina display does not have this problem.
>>
>>59332753
kek
>>
>>59332614
nice, but sister have x250 and there is 1366x768. why isn't hidpi standard today...
>>
>>59332614
> T2500 65
Grandpa, get off the internet, I need a phone!
>>
>>59332478
It is a brand.
It is a more expensive than "normal" laptops, which allows (now lenovo) to make laptops that last a long time.
The first thinkpad I got was new.
It was a bit more expensive than the alternatives, but it was worth it for me at the time.
When the laptop died, I decided to buy one used.
At the time, I removed 1 screw, moved the ssd over and everything ran flawlessly even though it was a different model.
You cannot do that so easily on other brands.

Also they have great linux support.
>>
>>59332614
I miss my HD Thinkpad.
>>
>>59332478
I nice laptop to creampie on
>>
>>59332614
>1600x1200
oh god I wish I had a modern laptop with that resolution. 100% comfy
>>
>>59332478
Dont fall for the used thinkpad meme

They are thick and heavy and the battery life is shit because its old. You will end up spending more on upgrades than the device itself just to make it usable
>>
>>59333547

dont fall for the thinkpad meme period
just get a macbook like a normal human being
>>
>>59333547
the macbook with retina doenst have this problem
>>
>>59333591
You mean like a normal liberal arts student. Take a train out during rush hour. Everyone wearing a suit will be using a Thinkpad.
>>
>>59333547
Being a thinkpad owner I can list a few positive reasons to buy one:

-old thinkpads have one of the best keyboards laptops have seen

-X series is 12.5" and really easy to carry, at same time looking robust, not gay-looking (like macbooks)

-currely it's the most powerful laptop that can install libreboot or coreboot having a lot of online support on how to do that

-they're very durable, so durable NASA itself chooses to use thinkpads on space stations

-they're the most vintage looking laptops in the history based on the design of the laptops from the 90's
>>
>>59332478
Thinkpad is for virgin manchild go buy a macbook
>>
>>59332558
>ThinkPads
>Cheap
>>
>>59333779
better be virgin manchild than apple gay sheep
>>
>>59333797
they are cheap if you are willing to buy a 3-generations-old outdated piece of shit
decent ones cost a fair bit
>>
>>59333608
MacBook keyboard is absolutely shit
Thinkpad master keyboard.
>>
Normal laptop
>poor build quality
>relatively expensive
>used by normal people
>poor specs

Memepad and business class laptops
>very expensive if bought directly from manufacturer but often found dirt cheap from companies renovating inventory
>used either by professionals or neckbeards and /g/
>great specs - price ratio when used
>comes with cum stains included
>great build quality
>>
>>59333779
already lost mine several times over before I settled down with my wife and turned 4chins into my personal blog, I think I'll continue not caring what people think and buy the cheaper, more ergonomic and loonix-capable solution
>>
It has this clit thing

And this logo

And older models have things like being able to take them apart without pain and things like the thinklight and a button dedicated for who the fuck knows what (blue thinkvantage button)

And nothing much really.
>>
Extra build quality and autism inside
>>
I personally like the build but I don't think I will be able to find a modern version of the older models.
Not a fan of the carbon and yoga.
>>
>>59332478
4810m processor, 16gb ddr3L 1600mhz, 256 gb ssd, 1100 quadro nvidia graphics
^^^^^^^is this thinkpad a good buy at 500 used?
>>
>>59332478
>>/tpg/ anon
>>
>>59332478
Better build quality, and spill protection .(drainage under the keyboard)

Trackpoint (there's no going back once you get used to it)

Easy to repair.
They are meant to be serviceable with many spare parts and manuals on how to take the laptop apart.

Everything is not great though.
Some old models have heat issues.
My Dell Precision has WAY BETTER colling than any of my old Thinkpads. (T61p and X61, the latter gets EXTREMELY hot, even during light use)
I think the newer models are better though.

There are alternatives to Thinkpads like HP EliteBook (never used them) and Dell Precision-series (generally better cooling I think, but has an aluminium casing that doesn't handle bumps very well. I dropped my laptop bag from a few dm and got a dent on the Precision. My T61 would have managed that, no problem.) no problem)
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.