[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install macOS as a meme >think i'll just use it occasionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 35

File: 2Q==.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>install macOS as a meme
>think i'll just use it occasionally to make screenshots that trigger /g/
>can't stop using it
>barely boot into GNU/Linux anymore

what happened?!
>>
its what gnome dreams of being
>>
>>59331513
>what happened?!

you frogposted then expected anyone to believe you
>>
hating on macOS is a meme. shit's pretty ok.
>>
>>59331523

> then expected anyone to believe you

what do you mean by that anon?
>>
>>59331513
Not sure if trolling, but I'm in a similar boat OP. I picked up a broken 2011 MacBook Pro for $50 on Craigslist. Planned on just fixing it and selling, but it's become my everyday carry laptop. For homework it's a lot easier to work on than my 14" Lenovo due to the glorious glass touchpad. Even installed Cisco AnyConnect and Windows Remote Desktop so I can do some light work on it. I certainly wouldn't replace my Windows desktop, but I'm pretty pleased overall.
>>
>>59331571

>I certainly wouldn't replace my Windows desktop

are you a gamer or do you need Windows for work related shit?! Visual Studio, .NET shit?
>>
>>59331513
You caught the "gay" disease
>>
>>59331518
I like Gnome more.
>>
Nothing, MacOS is the best OS out there, it has the software compability of Windows and the flexibility of a Unix system while looking better than both Windows and any Linux DE
>>
>>59331513
MacOS is okay
Apple hardware is utter shit though
>>
>>59331513
The default setup is shit.
>>
File: anime girl surprised 2.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl surprised 2.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>59331965

whats a good setup then
>>
>>59331977
I left it for Windows 10 Enterprise. Much better out of the box.
>>
File: 59897766_p0.png (741KB, 800x1086px) Image search: [Google]
59897766_p0.png
741KB, 800x1086px
Currently on hackintosh. It's comfy as fuck. I barely touch my windows boot anymore since I can use VM to play eroge.
>>
>>59331880
>while looking better than both Windows and any Linux DE
That's debatable; I personally don't like how MacOS looks. I am seriously loving KDE Plasma, but it's still in early stages and has a lot of bugs. I will definitely install it as my main DE once it becomes more usable.
But in general, looks are subjective.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (11KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
11KB, 304x166px
>>59331992

fuck off
>>
>>59332025
>triggered autismo
>>
>>59331992
How lazy of you. :(
>>
Once you install the brew package manager, iterm2, a hipster shell, a tiling windows resizer, start installing stuff using brew cask instead of downloading dmg files from shady websites, macOS is a good daily driver.
Also you can play touhou via wine
>>
>>59331513
It's called "coming out of the closet", OP.
>>
>>59332097
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>59331513
It has deadbeef so its not too shit i guess.
>>
>install macos
>cant detect hdd
>cache is fucked
>still waiting on root device
>boot flags wont work
>eventually get it to load to a grey screen with beach ball of death freezes 10 minutes later
>delete and go back to dual boot set up.
>>
xfce looks and works better
>>
>>59332213
Thanks for that app, lad.
>>
>>59331513
My only problem with macOS is the navigation. It sucks. The window navigation buttons are tiny and on the left side, which is probably one of the most counterintuitive graphic design decisions I've ever seen. Not only is it counter-intuitive, but the buttons don't really seem to do what they imply. Closing an app doesn't quit it, which makes the minimize button redundant, and the "maximize" button doesn't really maximize. I'm also not a big fan of the top bar + bottom dock combo. It's just unnecessary and takes up too much screen real estate. Really ugly and makes using the computer kind of a chore.

Yes, I know what keyboard shortcuts are. Still, the UI is a bitch to use.
>>
>>59332442
baby duck syndrome everyone. the buttons dont interact with programme they interact with the gui and do exactly what they imply
>>
>>59332442

all of these issues can be solved lol

what the fuck. Its like saying you hate windows cause the default wallpaper sucks because you have no idea how to change it.
>>
All these replies.... Are you fuckers stupid? You can't install macOS on not-mac pc.
>>
File: 2Q==.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2Q==.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>59332533

>You can't install macOS on not-mac pc.

I want >>>/v/ to leave this board. Nu-/g/ is so fucking dumb.
>>
>>59332546
while its obvious hes just trolling you at least try. how can you complain about "nu G" whilst posting pepe. hes the one who reminds me of pre 2012 post 2007, you remind me of post 2015
>>
>>59332442
>t. too poor to own a mac so i used one for 5 minutes
>>
>>59332648

>feelsbadmanfrog is post 2015

wew lad
>>
>>59331513
Have you also had a recent desire to suck cock?
>>
>>59332494
>the buttons dont interact with programme they interact with the gui
I fully understand this. I just don't like it.

>>59332501
>all of these issues can be solved lol
correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know shit about macOS but it is my understanding that you can't move the navigation buttons to the right side or change their size.
and the navigation bar is almost like a right-click that never goes away.
>>
File: bag of shit.jpg (112KB, 571x705px) Image search: [Google]
bag of shit.jpg
112KB, 571x705px
>>59332673
>HAHAHAHA POORFAGS BTFO
>WHAT'S WRONG POORFAG? CAN'T AFFORD A BAG OF SHIT?
>>
>>59332696

no but i for sure love using the bash terminal, brew, integrated programming capabilities, all these sweet shortcuts and the functionality of this Unix OS that just werks and won't break for me and is also compatible with pretty much all the software you could ever need.

>>59332707

yeah dude ofc thats not true. You can customize all of that if you really wanted to. Moving the taskbar is no problem. Closing programs can be done from anywhere with a simple ctrl+Q instead of clicking the x. You can install i3 like window managers. Its just a sweet OS.
>>
>>59332442
>guy states personal opinion as politely as possible
>McToddlers get bent, incapable of recognizing and accepting dissenting opinions
every time

Look, I agree with you and fully understand where you're coming from. macOS is a nice, stable OS but cosmetically speaking, navigation is kind of a pain. I still like macOS despite its design flaws.
>>
>>59332725
>You can customize all of that if you really wanted to. Moving the taskbar is no problem.
I did not know that.
>Closing programs can be done from anywhere with a simple ctrl+Q instead of clicking the x.
I really don't like being limited to a keyboard shortcut.
>You can install i3 like window managers.
I don't like the idea of having to install third-party software to do something as simple as managing windows.
>Its just a sweet OS.
I agree with you. It's visually beautiful and the ecosystem is top-notch. It's just that I don't necessarily care for the setup.
>>
>>59332787

>I really don't like being limited to a keyboard shortcut.

many programs on windows don't close either and get put into the background. Its normal my dude. There are also some on macOS that simply close when you press the X button. Deluge for example (it behaves the same in Windows).

You can always just press the CLOSE button in the menu. You have to do that in windows aswell.

>i dont like the idea of installing third-party software

what the fuck ?! So you only use stock OS software or what?
>>
>>59332213
what do you use to make opened apps have a line instead of the dot?
>>
>>59332823
>what the fuck ?! So you only use stock OS software or what?
You cut me off. I said I don't like the idea of using third party software to do something as simple as managing windows. Of course I use third-party software all the time, just not for window management.
>>
Slightly unrelated question:
I currently have Sierra installed on my computer but it's being a bit Ram hungry.
Shall I downgrade to El capitan or just make a fresh install of Sierra?
I don't have an iPhone nor I use Siri, so most of its features are useless to me
>>
I was considering moving over to OS X but Q10 is getting Project Neon. With the revelations of wikileaks, no point for muh privacy reasons
>>
>>59331513
Do what you want with your life who cares
>>
>>59331571
So you are bicurious?
>>
>>59331513
You're to smart too boot into GNU/Linux now. It happens.
>>
>>59331513
beware you may become homosexual hipster faggot
>>
>>59332860
cDock 2.
>>
>>59333037

>I said I don't like the idea of using third party software to do something as simple as managing windows.

well of course all of this depends on your actual needs. You can use something like Spectacle + Ubersicht on macOS and go fucking crazy and basically use the OS as if its i3 on Linux.

The difference is macOS uses multiple desktops and you have so many shortcuts where you can switch between all the desktops etc - its slightly different to what Windows is doing and then ofc Windows is Windows and the name kind of demands that it has good Window management. They might also have some patents for their shit. Idk.
>>
>>59332213
Ok Alexey
>>
>>59332213

what do the jews have to do with your finder my dude?!?!
>>
>>59331513
You realized that you never needed Linux because you were always a casual. macOS is fine.

>>59331518
Na, I much prefer gnome over it and it's objectively a much better desktop but I really wish the devs would stop holding themselves back just for the sake of being different. Dash to dock really should be the default behavior.
>>
>>59334109

>you were always a casual
>all of apple uses macOS and they build the most valuable tech company in history with it

rly meks u fink
>>
>>59334155
If I got all their hardware and multiple monitors, for free I'd be using it too. :^)
>>
>>59334199
They'd have to pay me a bonus to use it.
>>
>start putting dicks in my ass as a meme
>think I'll start doing it occasionally to take photos that trigger straight guys
>can't stop doing it
>barely have any interest in women anymore

what happened?!
>>
>>59331571
Would you say it's become your "Daily Driver"?
>>
>>59331513
ITT: iCucks shilling their shitty products and trying to forget about their buyers remorse
>>
>>59335210

uhm no sweetie. Did you read the thread?! macOS users arent necessarily Apple Hardware buyers.
>>
>>59332213
>that dock
>oi vey!
>>
>>59335210
People like you makes me laugh, ha ha ha.
Never heard of "hackintosh" ? :^)
>>
As a white techie I'm happy with Gentoo.
>>
>BCM4630
>2500k
>GTX 670
>Asus Mobo with a BIOS flash to make it Hackintosh compatible
>Clover UEFI

Hot fuck it's nice having a Macintosh alternative rather than some clunky Hackintosh. Taking the effort out to setup a Hackintosh properly rather than hacking everything together with pre-made guides and software makes the experience so much better.

I love being able to unlock the desktop with my Watch and sending texts/answering calls on my desktop too.

The only issue is that the desktop periodically wakes from sleep to fetch mail/etc, and while that's all good and fine with an actual Macintosh with quiet fans, it's sometimes spoopi for my computer to come roaring on at 4am and the backlit keyboard flood my room with light.
>>
>>59333065
macOS uses your free ram for caching to make everything faster. if anything should need that ram it's freed instantly
unused ram is wasted ram
>>
File: noice glasses.png (88KB, 208x226px) Image search: [Google]
noice glasses.png
88KB, 208x226px
>>59332213
You have a VERY nice taste in music.
>>
>>59335578
>macOS is the only OS that uses cache in the ram
Why are mactoddlers so technologically retarded?
>>
>>59335720
Why the fuck are you so bad at reading comprehension and throwing words in to the poster's mouth?

>hey guys why is my OS using so much RAM
>it's because it's caching data, dw tho it'll free up cached ram for active programs immediately
>WHY ARE MACTODDLERS SO DUMB WHY DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY OS TO HAVE RAM CACHE

a-am i being baited, hard?
>>
>>59335720
it's the only one that uses it extensively
if windows tried that you'd have too many retards complaining that all their ram was gone
>>
File: 1486660661344.png (921KB, 996x842px) Image search: [Google]
1486660661344.png
921KB, 996x842px
>>59331513
What's with all the Macfag shills lately? Your shitty little operating system has less than 7% marketshare and is on the edge of fucking extinction
>>
>>59335972

>on the edge of extinction
>apple has 100B+ cash in the bank
>more than a lot of countries
>no debt

lol ....... nice try microsoft shill gaymer pajeet
>>
>>59336001
I'm not talking about the money you cock gobbling faggot ass bitch. I'm talking about the sad as fuck marketshare Applel has. If Macs are so great, then why don't they have more marketshare huh?
>>
>>59336179

include iOS and Apple pretty much owns the OS market since most people compute via their phones nowadays anyway.

3rd world shitholes that run on android don't need to apply.
>>
You fell in love with a dying OS. Well done. Now get a Windows Phone too.
>>
>>59336190
>Completely ignoring Android

Kek you Macfags are dumb as shit.

Android and Windows and Linux rule the fucking world.....Fucking deal with it
>>
Mac OS is nice but has issues like every other operating system. It's better than Windows 10 or Debian.
>>
>>59331513

Mac OSX is the best operating system because it only uses one application file and doesn't place files all over the fucking place.
>>
>>59332022
>liking the look of KDE
You have seriously shit taste
>>
>>59336568
Look for market share in first world countries, excluding server OSes, then come back and admit you're wrong
>>
Where can I get a mac os disk image?
>>
>tfw got a 2008 MacBook
>tfw can't install anything past Lion

Fuck.
>>
>>59336813

Internet.
>>
>>59336794
>look for market share except windows and linux and then come back and admit youre wrong
idiot
>>
>>59336854

I don't want to go on the pirate bay for this. I cannot get the one from Apple because I don't have a mac.
>>
>>59336886
SOL.
>>
>>59336907

Oh okay you don't know either. Couldn't you just tell that straight away or better yet leave your comment unposted because you aren't contributing anything.
>>
Hackintosh Sierra has legit gave me less trouble than current Ubuntu
>>
>>59336972
No, I do know. But then you posted >>59336886, ruling out both possible options.

So you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>59331513
>what happened?!
you got red pilled on the best OS out there
>>
>>59337014
hackintosh works better on my pc then windows 10.
>>
>>59332219
>expecting hackintosh to just werk on your mom's e-machines computer
>not knowing how to follow the easy to use instructions on the web
wew
>>
>>59332442
>navigation
don't say 'navigation' when you mean user interface pajeet

we're not impressed with your bengali neologisms
>>
>>59336813
>>59336886
>>59337019

easiest way is the following

>run macOS in VM (lots of Tutorials on how to do that on YT)
>open AppStore
>download legit macOS Sierra from Apple
>put image on USB stick or transfer to hosts drive
>flash a USB stick with OS
>install
>enjoy

go to tonymacs forum and read up on the process on how to install, check your hardware and try to figure out if its possible to do a succesful post installation

its really easy to actually install but once you did that things get tricky. Ethernet Driver, Audio Driver etc. Similiar to what you have to face when you install some weird Linux Distro.
>>
>>59336855
That was the point, faggot.
>look at windows, android, linux, and all other operating systems that arent mac os x and ios
>see how little market share you have now
>>
>>59337184
>>run macOS in VM (lots of Tutorials on how to do that on YT)

And now he needs an image!
>>
Why is it so hard for /g/ to admit that for non gamer, non exxxtreme power user hacker types, that MacOS is better for most people? It doesn't shove ads in your face all the time, it doesn't force you to update, it doesn't have a wildly inconsistent UI, it has enough market share that it has apps that Linux doesn't (professional level video and photo editing software, LIGHT games, some other professional software that only supports MacOS and Windows). If Apple released a $500 computer, their market share would skyrocket, because MacOS is better than Windows and normies know that.
>>
>>59337309
>what are pre packed torrents of macos images
>>
>>59336833
This. You COULD run it if Applel allowed you to.....But no, go fuck yourself and buy a brand new Mac toy just to get the OS your machine should be able to run

>Le it just weeks tee hee
>>
>>59337309

lots of these jewtubers provide links to images or just check the comments
>>
>>59336179
>marketshare
So what if the entire third world runs Windows.

Marketshare doesn't count for dick unless you're in the exploit market.
>>
>install OSX on my old AMD build
>it barely works
>think it's shit
>get new intel build
>try again
>most shit works
>a few issues, but nothing more than what the average linux distro makes me fix before full set up
>pretty ok but weird to work with
>go back to previous OS
>"hey man you gotta try the magic trackpad with the bettertouchtool and shit"
>decide to get those and try hackintosh again
>doing all sorts of crazy shit with gestures
>getting more comfortable with the system
>find out random shit like shortcuts and functions
>I can drag and drop this and it does that without even having to install any software for it
>told finder is shit, now I wish for other file managers with column view, create folders with selected files, spring loading folders, open folders from selecting text containing paths and right clicking, previews...
>half of the time be like "wait, this actually works? what the hell?"

Now I have my main PC and my laptop with it.
>>
>>59336179
Are you dumb? Do you think companies that still runs some extended XP support license would switch? NO.

It cost way too much for most organization so switch to a new operating system.

It's not about the features, it's about the deployment and the training.

Do you have any ideas how that shit costs?
Ofc the market share seems low and that is why.
>>
>>59332022
KDE is for plebs
>>
>>59337321
Why does it matter what's "better for most people"? Most people are illiterate retards. The fact of the matter is, macOS is proprietary, and at the same time does not offer more functionally or user freedom than Linux-based distros. I fail to see the benefit of it over GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59335972
enjoy your bloated piece of shit OS and your antivirus, fucking faggot
>>
>>59337494

nobody says it has more "functionality" than some uber riceable highly customizable linux distro

its more about the ease of use. It offers the advantages of Linux combined with the best user experience and thats enough for most people. Honestly - what can you do in Linux that you cant really do in macOS? Apart from some specialized use cases for actual enterprise tier work i dont see how you can answer that.

Ricing aside cause thats only for autistic weeb neets.
>>
look at all these apple shills
>>
>>59337431
You're responding to an edgy communist underage baitposter.
>>
>>59337541
>the best user experience
It's a facade. Clean UI to trick people who don't know any better. It's only considered "best" because illiterates lap it up as so.
>what can you do in Linux that you cant really do in macOS?
You can't do freedom in macOS. Enjoy your proprietary fisher price OS when Linux is free and more functional.
>>
>>59331513
no joke happened to me too.

>Got a mac as a gift, first thing I done was bootcamp win7.
>Used it for few years like that, never even booted in iOS.
>Slowly getting low on memory, decide to make clean install and allocate more memory to win 7 partition (first time I did it I made it 50/50)
>got busy and didnt want to bother with win 7 right away so I start using iOS
>screenshots built in
>better sound
>much better memory life
>holy shit I can swipe between screens (this means a lot when you read and write at same time like papers etc. or if you need to swipe the porn quickly)
>dat scroll smoothness tho
>dont even play that much games, and trackmania works in wine
>holy shit automator enables me to rename mass number of files without external app?
>built in viewer for pdf's and pics is much smoother experience
>it all works flawlessly although my win 7 was stable as it can get as well

I did intall win 7 somewhere along those steps, but then I decided to make it 100% iOS and Im happy with it. I even want to dual boot iOS on regular pc but I wonder if its gonna be fairly simple to make it all work.

For multimedia, browsing, shitposting, nothing beats a mac iOS. Nothing.

Everything is much more intuitive.
If you arent playing games, for sheer productivity iOS rules. And that comes from a guy who spoke against apple and iOS.

You need to experience it first hand.
>>
>>59337656

>its easy to use therefore its bad

this logic doesn't fly my dude. An OS should be easy to use and make your life better. Its as simple as that.
>>
>>59337358
Motherfucker normal first world countries use it too. I'm trying to say the majority of people use windows because it's a good OS that's compatible with almost everything
>>
>>59332113
Underrated.
>>
>>59337658
>I even want to dual boot iOS on regular pc but I wonder if its gonna be fairly simple to make it all work.

depends on your hardware. Just check it all out. If its intel based the installation is going to be easy to install most likely. Gigabyte/ASUS Mainboard? 90%+ chance you won't have many problems post installation either.
>>
>>59337658
>holy shit automator enables me to rename mass number of files without external app?
Also terminal/bash built in so you can just use regex like on Linux
>>
>>59337500
Enjoy your gay ass cock sucking and buttfucking faggot
>>
>>59337717

GaymenBoixXxSw4gL0Rd

You have to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>59337494
But it does offer more functionality. Try to use professional level video editing software on a Linux computer.
>>
>>59332213
can you set tabs for finder? Like when I have several windows of finder opened, that they show in dock?

dat finder icon tho
>>
>>59337789
nvrm, found it in settings>minimaze into application>uncheck
>>
>>59337667
>it reinforces gui reliance and defaults to restricting everything behind gui to pander to retards, therefor its good
Linux is easy to use if you're not an imbecile.
>>
>>59337762
Run a VM, easy. And Linux support is developer dependent, so in fact a lack of support is the devs fault, or, in the case of proprietary software, the licensor's, e.g. Adobe.
>>
>>59331548
he's playing the wise guy
>>
>>59337867

>it reinforces GUI reliance

theres where you are wrong kiddo. It just offers an actual usuable GUI and leaves you the option to use the terminal
>>
I am forever astounded at how anyone can tolerate Linux fonts. They all make me sick. I have never, ever seen a Linux OS screencap with even decent looking font.
>>
>>59334579
Yes I drive my laptop to school everyday.
>>
>>59337936
>Linux isn't bad, you can use not Linux in a VM to get around the limitations of Linux!
>>
>>59337991
There are no limitations in this context. The limitation is in the software itself not supporting Linux. Try harder.
>>
>>59337682
>Motherfucker normal first world countries use it too.
Yeah but in first world countries the Windows market share is lower because people can figure out Linux and BSD and can also afford Apple computers. Every Chang and Pajeet uses Windows.

>I'm trying to say the majority of people use windows because it's a good OS that's compatible with almost everything
Yeah that might have been the case years ago, but more and more people are seeing their software and drivers for very expensive (and sometimes irreplaceable) hardware fail because Windows 10 sucks so hard.

These days WINE has better compatibility with legacy Windows software than Windows itself. This is probably why they're so desperate to push DX12 and the store.
>>
>>59337712
Automator is useful for all kinds of tasks which would be awkward at best when scripted on the command line.

It's a fucking amazing piece of software and I'm shocked that more people don't use it. Maybe /g/tards don't admit it because it's not as elite as hand-coding a new bash script for every minor automation task, but it's fucking great.
>>
>>59337867
>reinforces gui reliance
you can do almost everything from the terminal on os x anon
>>
>>59336179

>If Macs are so great, then why don't they have more marketshare huh?

I am 13: the post.
>>
>>59332442
>Closing an app doesn't quit it, which makes the minimize button redundant, and the "maximize" button doesn't really maximize.

when will this meme die
>>
File: Mac Mini.jpg (36KB, 594x518px) Image search: [Google]
Mac Mini.jpg
36KB, 594x518px
>>59337321

>If Apple released a $500 computer, their market share would skyrocket

Are you joking or serious?
>>
>>59338040
>These days WINE has better compatibility with legacy Windows software than Windows itself.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves Linuxbro.
>>
>>59331513
i enjoy the three-finger tap on a word to bring up quick dictionary for definitions, translations, wikipedia info, and whatever else i want to add to the dictionary app.
>>
I have the ability to get an old 2009 iMac for free (no OS installed but it can go up to 10.7.5)

Should I pick it up or is worthless? I'd love to put Linux on it.
>>
>>59338155

>for free

grab it while you can retard. If you keep it in good condition that things worth a few thousand in 10 years cause of millenial apple nostalgic fags who cant let go
>>
>>59338082
I'm 24 you cock sucking faggot ass bitch
>>
>>59338143
This. It's competing in the "low end" market which Macfags claim Apple doesn't compete in but they still can't sway people to buy it because most people aren't dumb enough to buy a fucking Mac
>>
>>59338155

>2009 iMac
>should I?

Yes. Are you dumb or something? Install the version of macOS it shipped with too, on an SSD. Watch that thing fly.
>>
>>59338205

Apple is going to win BIG once phones are powerful enough to be used as "desktop" solutions.

People are going to plug their phone into a monitor and use it as their daily driver.

That'll be the next big thing.
>>
>>59338206
>Install an outdated version of OSX

You say this as if it's a good thing.

Also that piece of shit probably can't even run Mac OS Sierra
>>
>>59338205
i worked at a college that would put these in the classroom consoles. only time i've ever seen anyone buy or use one.
>>
>>59338205

>still can't sway people to buy it because most people aren't dumb enough to buy a fucking Mac

No retard, I'm not on your side. Most people are buying laptops. The rest are buying parts for a custom build for gaymen. The Mac Mini used to be popular and used, but naturally as the years go by and as habits change its just not as used anymore. Even Mac users don't have much of a use for this, other than a home server maybe.

When Apple inevitably axes the Mini line, I'll buy one just to save it. Its a good machine for average use but normies don't have spare monitors around and aren't going to use their living room TV.
>>
>>59338236

No such thing as 'outdated' you retarded fuck. I bet you're a Windows user. If the OS works with programs you use, it works. A 2009 OS from Apple of all people is not 'outdated'.

Snow Leopard is still Apple's best operating system.
>>
>>59338143
>>59338205
>>59338244
>>59338252

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRX-6rWkuzk

>tfw
>>
>>59338144
It's completely true though.
>>
>>59338273
>This is what Macfags tell themselves to help with the pain of being abandoned by Applel and ass fucked by planned obsolescence

Kekarooni
>>
>>59338231
>copying ms again
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
>>
>>59338181
wow u a big boi
>>
>>59338315
>planned obsolescence
Intel Kaby Lakeâ„¢ and Microsoft Windows 10 are recommended for Netflixâ„¢.
>>
File: 1482885819285.jpg (22KB, 458x456px) Image search: [Google]
1482885819285.jpg
22KB, 458x456px
>>59337658
Windows @144hz scrolling > Mac OS scrolling > Windows @60hz scrolling

Unironically, I don't want to upgrade to 4K yet because I don't want to stop shitposting this fast and smooth.
>>
>>59338275
how does this wall rate in it's acoustic insulation ability?
>>
>>59338354

why would it be loud?
>>
>>59331513
macbooks are great machines and macos is great software, but the price completely kills it for me

the only thing i can think of when taking my $2000 laptop anywhere is what if it gets stolen or what if it breaks and they jew me on the warranty

cheap laptop and a solid desktop with user serviceable parts is the goat combination, i would love if apple made more drivers for their os so i could run it at home without building an entirely new rig
>>
>>59338273
No security updates means the OS is insecure as fuck

I'd be installing a form of BSD or Linux on it if I picked it up
>>
>>59338313
It's not...at all.
>>
>>59331540
>hating on macOS is a meme. shit's pretty ok.

found the Apple-tard
>>
>>59332533
Like what is inside is not the same shit Intel mass produces.

Anyway I have the layout of macos. I even hate more the dock and how fags try to install this shit on Windows.
>>
>>59338320
IT'S OVER APPLEL IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED
>>
>>59338437
>i would love if apple made more drivers for their os so i could run it at home without building an entirely new rig
Why would Apple do this?
>>
>>59338976

they do it out of necessity. Thats why its easier and easier to run Hackintosh Systems. They use so much "normal" software nowadays.
>>
>>59338976
they seem to not want to make desktop products anymore, it might be easier and more profitable to focus on laptops and mobile devices and license their software out to people who want more powerful machines like microsoft does
>>
this means

+1 cuck on this planet
>>
>>59338482
It's quite true. We simply out-memed the legacy media and shills. This is why the social and legacy media company owners met with Soros and Hillary after they all lost the election. They didn't contain our autism, but they tried.

So now it's to be a color revolution, purple looks to be the color they're using, but this will fail too and just put the shills and deep state traitors into even deeper shit.

The pre-shilling they feel they need to do for the public is how you can establish their game plans. Even though people don't believe the media, (((they))) pretend like they do. This is partly why they lost the election, as well - they simply can't admit that the idiots on TV and the controlled asset print media have lost all credibility.

/pol/ and the deep chans are more powerful than the entirety of the legacy media.
>>
File: brofist.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
brofist.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>59332213

>Rush
>>
>>59332213
No one else noticed?
14 days 20:07:31 total playtime for
Rush - Roll the Bones
>>
>>59338143
Most people only but laptops.
>>
>>59339053
>out-memed
Please shut up.

Anyway let me know when I don't have to keep the app store + 2 package managers just to get a fraction of what pacman or dnf give me.
>>
>>59339608

pacman -S photoshop
>>
>>59338510
Found the winbabby. I'm a GNU user and I don't even think Mac OS is that bad.
>>
>>59332025
>2Q==.jpg
Please enlighten me about this meme
>>
>>59339351

That's the entire playback time calculation since the app was installed, you bonehead, not just the playback of that one song or album. Note it also lists the total number of tracks in the library - Rush has a lot of songs, but they don't have over 4,324 of 'em.

>been a Rush fan since the 1970s
>yes I'm older than pretty much every one of you
>deal with it
>>
>>59339974

i think 4chanX shortened the filename cause i pulled it from google

who knows
>>
>>59339608
At first you're all like:
>Please shut up.
But then all of a sudden you're like:
>Anyway let me know when I don't have to keep the app store + 2 package managers just to get a fraction of what pacman or dnf give me.
>>
>>59339922
>this one program!
Wow, astounding.
>>
>>59340006

>unironically pretending Arch is more usable than macOS

its ok anon. /g/ has a lot of autists. We understand that. You can BURSELF here. We dont judge.
>>
>>59339999
2 different statements for different people. I just dislike using meme as a verb, it's retarded and takes away any meaning the word has.

I mean, picture being Dawkins, having written a book about how concepts can evolve inside populations and transition between them, and then find out this revolutionary concept now means "funny internet thing".
>>
>>59340026
Please show where I said anything even remotely close to that.
>>
>>59340036
i think most people can get into the context and meme is shorter than typing image macro
>>
>>59340066
But that's not what the word means.
>>
>>59332533
wew
>>
That's normal.
>>
>>59331956
This.
>>
>>59336833
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-on-unsupported-macs.1889851/
>>
>>59331513
iktf i did the same

>tfw a hacked macos build runs better than "stable" lunix distros
>>
>>59335243
Why are Asian celebrities slightly awkward in front of a camera?
>>
>>59340520
>I'm too dumb for Linux
>>
>>59332723
this post is bad
>>
>>59331513
i can understand
mac OS does not have the linux kernel, as it is not monolithic, it is more secure and performant, which make the daily use more confy.
i would do the same if it was fsf approved !
>>
>>59340537
Because it's cute in japland
>>
File: 1468726264993.webm (3MB, 506x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468726264993.webm
3MB, 506x900px
>>59340729
Why are asian celebrities such semen demons?
>>
What happened is you discovered dicks in the ass feels good.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting, haram.jpg (47KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting, haram.jpg
47KB, 531x471px
>>59340787
The fact that all you need to add to make her look completely naked is a black box causes me to think the Muslims are right about covering their women.
>>
>>59337658
>>iOS
>>Slowly getting low on memory, decide to make clean install and allocate more memory to win 7 partition
>>much better memory life

Wut?
>>
File: 1485293239024.png (381KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485293239024.png
381KB, 1024x1024px
>>59334019
>>59335274
Someone posted it here and i find edgy shit funny so i used it.
>>
>>59331513
The next step will be discarding your heathen hackintosh and embrace the perfect integration of software/hardware that is only possible with a Mac computer bought from Apple itself.
>>
>>59342529

Its a shame that literally nobody else is offering both hardware and software tightly integrated, in a laptop.
>>
>>59335972
I have to say, its been pretty noticeable hasn't it?
>>
>>59336190
>all those innovative teenagers browsing Facebook
>>
File: .jpg (72KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
72KB, 500x376px
>>59331513
>posts 250 × 187 thumbnail of a pepe
>likes macOS
Now leave you fucking idiot and think about your life and how stupid you must be to think that the image you posted is a proper size. I bet your shit is full of thumbnails. Dumbass.
>>
>>59331513
You turned gay.
>>
>>59339969
I'm a linux user and I find all of its features either redundant to my linux install or bad.
>>
>>59332533
Even normies do this on a pretty regular basis. The fuck?
>>
>>59332022
>it's still in early stages
nigga plasma is nearly 10 years old, and it's still buggy ugly piece of shit
>>
>>59343494
yeah, functional clipboards are shit
>>
>>59331513
nice try, shill, but noone believed you
>>
>>59332533
this
>>
File: baka.jpg (68KB, 776x602px) Image search: [Google]
baka.jpg
68KB, 776x602px
>>59331992
>out of the box
literally irrelevant unless you're a normie.
Spend 15 minutes with windows 10 compared to macos and you'll see that macos has way more going for it in terms of productivity and usability.
>>
>>59344159
Where's the right click?
>>
>>59331513
>he bases his OS choices on how much he'll trigger anonymous neckbeards on an ancient mongolian hieroglyphics forum
honestly, I'm an attention whore but this is another level2
>>
>>59344159
it's non-free OS, fuck it, I don't want to pay overprice to apple
>>
>>59343864
I haven't run into this problem on my machine. Maybe you're just retarded.
>>
MacOS is just so much better senpai.
>>
>>59344634
Actually the OS X clipboard is light years ahead of anything else. You should read about it, it's actually pretty impressive.
>>
>>59344370
Honestly, Apple has become weirdly rebellious, like everyone and I mean everyone goes out of their way to hate it, its OS and its users, its become so edgy that its now unironically cool.
>>
>>59344351
On your mouse, you dingus.
>>
>>59345418
>its become so edgy that its now unironically cool.
anon, you have begun to take the shape of a mactard. If it flots ur bot idc mate
>>
>>59345595
>mactard
you can always tell a millennial because they construe apple with macintosh in every instance

some of us were using apples before the mac existed young manlet
>>
Whatever shit you say, windows 10 enterprise just werks and trying to install macOS takes time, buying an Apple product is pricey as fuck and also, windows is goat,
>inb4 muh privacy
reminder: we don't have any privacy if you connect to the internet
>>
>>59345635
>windows is goat
only a shill would say this

'windows is goat'

i mean come on anon, this isn't neogaf
>>
>>59345694
My point is that windows is something that you just install and it just "werks"
not like GNU/Linux or Hackintosh.
>>
>>59331513
That's what you get for messing around with memes so carelessly

Meme magic is real
>>
>>59345702
>not like GNU/Linux
agree
>or Hackintosh
hackintosh just werks m8, at least for me but depends on the hardware of course
>>
>>59345732
I am using a gaymung laptop so it didn't work out for me well but If I build another desktop, that will be what tonymacx calls a CustoMac. For desktops, mac is okay but gaymur laptops require windows.
>>
>>59345744
>For desktops, mac is okay but gaymur laptops require windows
nobody above 18 gives a shit about gaymen
>>
>>59345702
>GNU/Linux
If you choose any normal distro Linux Just Werks these days.

>or Hackintosh
Just get a normal Mac, anything made since about 2008 or so supports the latest OS X just fine.
>>
>>59340509
Eh, worth a shot. I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>>59345761
If I use macOs, I would be wasting my GAYMUR 960M GAYMUNG EDITION

>>59345764
I am poor.
>>
>>59345777
>retard buying retarded shit like a GAYMUR 960M GAYMUNG EDITION laptop
>I am poor
wonder why
>>
>>59345777
You mean your mom is poor?
Tell her to get a job.
>>
>>59345794
kek I want to play games and gaymur shit is powerful, also the cheapest MBP in my country is 1875 dollars whereas my gaymur labtob is 800 dollars with better specs.
>>59345814
My country is poor. We cannot buy shit here.
>>
>>59338273
>no such thing as 'outdated'
Yes there is.

The older versions don't get security updates anymore. In addition, they can't even run the latest versions of web browsers, exposing the users to even more malware.

Using old OS X on the internet is not a smart thing to do.
>>
>>59345947
>even more malware
there's almost no malware in the wold for macs

especially older macs

as far as software goes, you can maintain your system like any unix
>>
>>59345962
>there's almost no malware in the wold for macs
Well that's actually true. Browser based exploits are still a thing though
>>
>>59331513
>doesn't natively run ETABS

Useless.
>>
>>59331513
same here OP, been using it since Snow Leopard... btw if you wondering what GPU, its RX480
>>
>read thread
>fall for the hackintosh meme
>installation is easier than i thought
>benchmark scores show my Hackintosh performs like a decent MBP
>tfw my Intel â„¢ based Computer is 5 years old
>tfw i get MBP performance on Sierra

Why do people say shit like 'it costs so much its a deal breaker' when you get a stable system for 1/4th of a price on an old Intel System.

No wonder people build powerful Hackintosh Systems and BTFO Apple lol.

Really fucking nice tbqhhh. Fuck Windows!
>>
>>59332233
Not on high dpi
>>
>>59346363
>No wonder people build powerful Hackintosh Systems and BTFO Apple lol.
yeah, but you get used to MacOS.. and will sooner or later buy an MBP or MBA (can't really hackintosh laptops, and you'd look like a poorfag if people saw you running OS X on non apple hardware)

believe me, Apple benefits from this.. or else they wouldn't make it so easy to hackintosh nowadays
>>
File: 5362358418_8042722605_b.jpg (143KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
5362358418_8042722605_b.jpg
143KB, 800x533px
>>59346411
>can't really hackintosh laptops
wut
>>
>>59331513
The OS itself is ok, however its bloated AS FUCK.
>>
>>59346486
you can't get the wifi card to work and its much harder in comparison to hackintoshing your custom build pc
>>
File: 2325567351_cb7760602d.jpg (90KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2325567351_cb7760602d.jpg
90KB, 500x375px
>>59346509
>you can't get the wifi card to work
that's just not true for a large number of configurations
>>
>>59346545
It's true for everything with an Intel wifi card (like all thinkpads for example)
>>
>>59346411
nigger what

The T420 is one of the easiest laptops to hackintosh and the only things not working are the wlan card (solved by buying a $2 atheros card) and the sd card reader.
>>
Arent Dell Laptops traditionally easy as fuck to Hackintosh aswell?!

I had a XPS 15 years ago and it was really easy.

I think the new XPS13, XPS15 should be a breeze too.
>>
>>59346509
>>59346605
Buy wifi adapter instead. DWA-131 is only 25$.
>>
File: macosxa_dp4.jpg (456KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
macosxa_dp4.jpg
456KB, 1024x768px
There is almost no reason to install Mac OS X.

First reason: no original aqua which was BEAUTIFULLY designed GUI.
>>
>>59347034
https://github.com/the-darkvoid/XPS9530-OSX
It's for xps15.
>>
>>59347058
But windows is shit and linux doesn't work
>>
>>59347047
Having dongles protruding from my laptop is precisely what I tried to avoid when I got my thinkpad. Which is why I bought a bluetooth mouse.

Now I did get a Dell Broadcom adapter and tracked the stupid bios from some russian site and ran OS X on the thinkpad for a while. But it wasn't a good experience.

I have a mid-2012 13" MBP now.
>>
>>59338352
>I don't want to upgrade to 4K yet because I don't want to stop shitposting this fast and smooth.

I KNOW THIS FEEL
>>
>>59345732
Gnu/Linux has way way more hardware support than hackintosh, this "Linux breaks" stems from people installing Ubuntu 10 years ago and assuming nothing changed.
>>
File: 1488888507108.jpg (59KB, 409x298px) Image search: [Google]
1488888507108.jpg
59KB, 409x298px
>>59344148
You went full retarded.
>>
>>59340787
censoring this is a sin against god

I want the original
>>
can anyone give me a rundown how to install macOS on a harddrive?.

Format it to hfs+? partition it how?
>>
>>59347490
http://bfy .tw/AZT3
>>
File: 1488322751963.jpg (41KB, 470x535px) Image search: [Google]
1488322751963.jpg
41KB, 470x535px
>>59347490
http://www.hackintosh.com/
>>
>>59347490

https://www.tonymacx86.com

has all you need to know and all the tools you need. Also use YouTube for some tutorials on how other people did it.
>>
>>59347309
>this "Linux breaks" stems from people installing Ubuntu 10 years ago and assuming nothing changed.
Or maybe they just don't have properly supported hardware? Cherry Trail, Broadcom and Realtek wireless, Optimus, new Nvidia cards on Nouveau, new AMD APUs, new hardware in general - these things can still be incredibly flakey. It might not be the fault of Linux, but the end result is the same as if it were.

Linux has came a hell of a long way, and is obviously much more comprehensive in its hardware support than Hackintosh, but for some people it simply isn't going to be much further on from the ndiswrapper hell everyone went through all those years ago.
>>
File: 1488890081108.png (83KB, 328x408px) Image search: [Google]
1488890081108.png
83KB, 328x408px
>>59332533
Hackintosh you dumb shit.
>>
>>59338057
That's great, but for the specific task above you can literally use a regex one-liner—that's basically the #1 use case for regex
>>
>>59347602
>using closed-source patches from literal nobodies

Now you can run Apple's and some cybercrook's rootkits at the same time!
>>
>>59339980
>bonehead
rekt
>>
>>59347655

Windows Call Center on damage control!!!!
>>
File: 1489086244438.jpg (29KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1489086244438.jpg
29KB, 480x411px
>>59347655
Who cares? You're connected to the internet, you're already doomed. I hope that autism will be cured.
>>
>>59347870
He thinks his tiling window manager ricing makes him safe
>>
>>59347891
don't forget the naked anime gril wallpaper for extra security
>>
>>59347891
topkek, only if he knew better
>>59347912
s a v a g e, the lolis will defend him
>>
>>59347912
The underage anime girl
>b-b-b-but she's 10,000 years old!
Enjoy gitmo, Lintards
>>
>>59348019
Are you not running it on the default scaling mode you fucking racist?
>>
>>59348113
When I took that screenshot I wasn't. The beautiful thing about high PPI displays is that even if you're using a scaled resolution it'll still be sharper than a normal PPI display, at least until you reach 1:1, at which point it's just as sharp, just tiny.
>>
>>59346225
is that working well?

>>59347069
linux is ok, and the less time you spend in GUI-land the better it is.

>>59347309
>this "Linux breaks" stems from people updating arch with "pacman -Syu"
>>
>>59343494
>linux

gnu/linux
>>
>>59348019
How do you do that dual gpu? or are you using real iMac not hackintosh?
>>
>>59348816
I don't have dual GPUs...
>>
>>59331518
The opposite really
>>
>>59348843
Fuck I misread it.
S-sorry.
>>
>>59348862
No need to apologize anon.
>>
>>59331540
>spotlight slow as shit
>finder slow as shit

>ok
>>
>>59349394
>being a retard
ok

You shouldn't uses computers altogether.
>>
>>59349394

weak b8
>>
>>59345623
>some of us were using apples before the mac existed young manlet
6"1 is pretty tall for a spic like myself. You must be old as rocks if you used apple before the macintosh. Respect but that doesn't change my derogatory term for people that defend apple to their last breath
>>
>>59345832
fuck off br
>>
>>59332723
le everything is equal man

why do you buy designer it's just fabric hah xd
>>
>>59347602
>impossible to install from non-mac
weak bait
>>
>>59349842
>people that defend apple to their last breath
Who the hell does that? You're pretty new if you don't know that everyone only shills and banboys ironically.

t. owner of macbook, thinkpad, windows and linux pcs, both intel and amd
>>
>>59347523
>>59347530
>>59347515
>>59347326
this
>>59349904
>>
>>59349394
>Buy MacBook
>Generally like it
>There's 3 fucking search functions
>All of them are useless
>OsX upgrade almond bricks the MacBook
>Refusing to set up iCloud runs a process in the background that halves your battery life
>Homebrew is a slow awful piece of shit that's worse than chocolatey on Windows
I can't imagine why people pretend that there's anything super special about MacBooks other than hardware, and I'd never use it on a desktop over Linux or Windows
>>
>>59349933
>Who the hell does that? You're pretty new if you don't know that everyone only shills and banboys ironically.
first of all, checked. Second, I've seen some pretty good shills but they can barely speak english making them easy to pick out, common mistakes they make are the same mistakes indians make irl. No linking/auxiliary verbs and talking about villages instead of towns/cities.
>>
>>59350003
it's network marketing, apple users are pushed to psychological conditions that make them lie that everything is fine and recommend everyone become an apple user too
>>
>>59337133
but /g/ told me macOS just werks you niggerfaggot
>>
>>59350145
>he believed apple shill
>>
>>59346411
Tell that to my ThinkPad L420. All the hardware works just fine, except the card reader, which I never used anyway. Although if I needed to, I'd just reboot into Linux or Windows instead.
>>
>>59350245
Did you prepare liveusb from mac?
>>
>>59350263
not him but it's easily doable from a mountain lion VM
>>
>>59349842
>implying you have to be older than about 30 to have used an Apple IIe before the Mac was even released.
>>
>>59350269
shiiiit
and they call it free os
>>
>>59350263
prepared it from another hackintosh, but >>59350269 is correct, you can do it from a VM if you need to.
>>
File: 1488938148398.jpg (76KB, 426x643px) Image search: [Google]
1488938148398.jpg
76KB, 426x643px
>>59331513
It's the most polished botnet I've ever seen. I use a MacBook for work and it's pretty nice.
>>
>>59350029
I know anon, I'm not WOKE but I know the difference between someone who appreciates apple for what it is (expensive phones for people who don't like android for x reason) instead of someone who blindly believes whatever they say.
>>
File: biff.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
biff.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>59347667
>>
>>59350203
How is someone telling you to use MacOS WITHOUT giving Apple money a shill? Hackintoshing is practically stealing from Apple.
>>
>>59351059

wintoddlers are fucking stupid. Don't be so harsh on them.
>>
>>59349394
spotlight works okay

overall macOS is okayish
>>
>>59331844
why, explain (not bait)
>>
>>59332213
>2 Subdivisions

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CLEAN UP YOUR FILES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Because it's THE REAL UNIX
>>
>>59334520
I'd actually use it if I got it, an iPhone and an iPad for free though. That cohesion is unbeatable. Say what you want about iPhones but they just work and are guaranteed to last a couple years without feeling outdated. You can't say that about most Android phones.

My only gripe with macOS is the overpriced hardware, generally mehness if you're not in their ecosystem already and its gimped DE: no window snapping and generally shitty window management (which could be solved by having multiple, large monitors).
>>
File: cdWqehs.jpg (29KB, 238x265px) Image search: [Google]
cdWqehs.jpg
29KB, 238x265px
>>59336833
>>59340509
>>59345771

Ten hours later, I'm on Yosemite to find out I'm permanently stuck with 2/3 brightness and sleep mode breaks the screen.
>>
>tfw you press F11 on macOS
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.