[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I fucking linux?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 449531-48814-5.jpg (13KB, 260x196px) Image search: [Google]
449531-48814-5.jpg
13KB, 260x196px
I understand Windows
I understand Android
I understand how to program in several languages (C++, Python, GML, Java)
I understand how computers work in detail

I Was a CS Major, switched to IS and have have been around technology for as long as I can remember.

Yet I cannot use any Linux distro without disaster striking every time. I have been on and off trying to learn Linux since I was a kid and I still cannot grasp anything about it.

Changing one small thing will break something completely unrelated. It's unstable as fuck, even Ubuntu shits itself 10 seconds after install.

I don't understand what I'm missing. I agree that W10 is ugly and really shitty, but Linux has done nothing but been a headache. Hell I got a version of post XP split Longhorn running with compositing and proper UI elements working better than any distro.

I have tried:
-Ubuntu (+K, X)
-Mint
-Manjaro
-DSL
-Debian
-Gentoo
-Arch
-and Elementry

On:
-An old 1.4GHz Athlon desktop
-Toshiba APU Satellite laptop
-Pentium based HP laptop with IntelHD onboard
-Intel Haswell Lenovo Y50 with a GTX 860M
-FX8350 based Desktop with a 290X
-i5-6600 based Desktop with a 480

All of them are impossible to deal with. I understand W10 is a botnet, but I can have all of it gone in less time than it would just getting a fucking DE installed on Linux.

And also, where is the stability? I understand I'm a fucking retard, but even with a basic installation Linux distros will just shoot out fatal errors literal minutes after it's first boot.
>>
>>59326602

stfu faggot, nobody cares
>>
>>59326602
Don't use it then, you're not missing anything.

Linux is only used by neckbeards and servers.
>>
>>59326658
I feel like I need to learn it.
>>
>>59326602
Stick with one and learn how it behaves with your hardware. If that doesn't change things, you might be a dumbass.
>>
>>59326602
Use Windows, install Arch/Gentoo in a VM. Not as a daily driver just to see what is going benith the hood.

Also, I would recommend installing Ubuntu/CentOS on an old PC and use it as a server for whatever you want.
>>
>>59326602
Linux isn't that great if you're already used to windows or macOS, but if you really want it, try Linux Mint. I've gotten the least problems there
>>
>>59326602
Protip: Linux is garbage

Only use that crap if you have absolutely no life and enjoy wasting your time
>>
>>59326689
you need to learn this dick, bitch
>>
>>59326689
For what?
>>
>>59326602
I've used Linux for a few years now as my only OS and I've never had any major issues with it

If you think that just because the system lets you uninstall or mess with something without warning then you have been on Windows too long. Linux won't hold your hand. If you mess with it it can break if you don't know what you're doing
>>
So, computer science or electric engi?

I wanna make systems on chips and cool shit.

I have 2 months to decide
>>
>>59327976
CE
>>
>Why can't I fucking linux?

Because Linux sucks, and you're obviously too intelligent but not smart enough - those are two very different things, actually - to realize it.
>>
>People who couldn't figure out how to use Linux are the ones who always say its shit
really makes you think huh
>>
>>59328073
>too intelligent but not smart enough - those are two very different things, actually -

you're not very clever
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.