[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arch Linux Drive Mounting Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Just switched to arch linux but cant mount drives that I was previously using in windows even to format them. Says something about windows cache preventing it. I no longer have windows installed.

How do I fix this and format without windows.
>>
>>59325346
>Arch Linux
>Problem
That's normal.
>>
>>59325346
Assuming the drives have a filesystem arch is compatible with, you would mount the drives partition with
su -c "mount /dev/sdXY /home"

where X is the letter identifier of your drive and Y is the number of the partition which you are attempting to mount. You cannot mount an entire device (like sda or sdb) it must be a partition of a drive (like sda1, sdb3).
>>
>>59325346
>Debugging problems: The OS
Isn't this what you wanted
>>
>>59325346
install ntfs-3g package, pleb.
>>
Alright I managed to get it mounted but how do I partition it and format it and all that shit.
>>
...Found out how to do it, nevermind
>>
This is literally your life now and it won't change. Every single fucking shit needs 2 hrs of fixing before it works. Save yourself some time and install a useful OS Kim
>>
If you want to do away with your windows partition, then you do:

# parted
(parted) p
<your partitions will appear; 3 are windows partitions>
(parted) rm <each windows partiton>

free space for you to partition as you see fit. I'm actually having the opposite problem: I accidentally fucked up my Windows boot partition and now I need help fixing that.
>>
>>59325554
that makes no sense
>>
>>59325346
why do you even use linux if u don't know any shit about cli ? use ntfsfix, get ntfsprogs and ntfs-3g and use #ntfsfix /dev/sda1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 making this easy for u so u can remove just one number when u copy paste.
>>
>>59325792
he still can use linux but i wouldn't recommend Arch.
>>
>>59325554
Why do you mount a Drive when you want to format and partition it?
Seriously go back to Wangbloaws or switch to a GNU/Linux Distribution for non autistic people.
>>
Seriously if you need help with simple stuff like this that's already thoroughly documented in arch wiki you need to switch to another distro
>>
The Arch wiki is shit at explaining things.

The Gentoo guide is better.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full
>>
>>59326529
Wasn't what I meant to link.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.