[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a free microphone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 8

File: 4L_lhcuVfDs.jpg (134KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
4L_lhcuVfDs.jpg
134KB, 720x480px
Do any /g/entlefags know about professional audio gear? Got ahold of this thing here and want to fuck around with it if possible, maybe turn it into a podcasting mic

>requires faggot ass phantom power
>bought a $20 phantom power unit from amazon, waiting for shipment
>took it apart in the meantime to explore
>don't have the weird TA5F connector it requires, will need to build my own
>wondering what leads from the XLR go where
>need /g/ help in this endeavor.

Will post more pics
>>
You could have just gotten a USB mic for way less trouble
>>
File: IMG_7920.jpg (100KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7920.jpg
100KB, 720x480px
Pretty cool thing. Beefy as fuck and built like a tank. Specs seem pretty good too

>audio technica es961rc

The reason I don't get a USB microphone is because I don't want to spend money

>lol spent money trying to figure this thing out.
>worth it, since the USB pos would have been shit quality, whereas this is pro level hardware
>>
File: IMG_7923.jpg (106KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7923.jpg
106KB, 720x480px
Taking apart, just to bide my time before I can play
>>
You fucked it up by taking it apart. RIP
>>
File: IMG_7925.jpg (59KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7925.jpg
59KB, 720x480px
>>59322356
Say it ain't so

>some really cool design things going on in here
>>
File: IMG_7933.jpg (97KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7933.jpg
97KB, 720x480px
Probed a few things with multimeter, obviously a useless endeavor though
>>
File: IMG_7935.jpg (80KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7935.jpg
80KB, 720x480px
>>
http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/resource_library/literature/0fff842b2c9a7819/es961rc_ss.pdf

I just googled the name of the mic and got this PDF in results with wire diagram and everything.
>>
File: IMG_7936.jpg (91KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7936.jpg
91KB, 720x480px
>>59322816
Found that exact PDF as well. I shows wiring diagram for the provided oem wires. But not which wire goes to which pin, since I don't have that connector.
>>
>>59322905
you can clearly see what wire goes where, if you for some reason are not sure, use your multimeter tool to check.
>>
File: IMG_7939.jpg (79KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7939.jpg
79KB, 720x480px
>>59322930
Check what? Multimeter won't tell me what the input wants. That PDF talks to the bare wire leads that attach to the Power source or whatever input that you are attaching this microphone to. So that you can wire the microphone up to your "source" or "receiver". Those bare wire leads do not necessarily match up with the hinges which the connector attaches to. That's the problem I don't know for certain which wire goes to which pin they may have changed or swapped wires for a proprietary reasons to keep it a secret or something
>>
>>59321914
I happen to own a Audio-Technica AT871U mic from a old Tandberg 550 MXP videoconferencing kit. I got it free from my previous workplace since they were throwing it out anyway. I was thinking that maybe I can use it as a free IP-camera since the optical zoom on the camera is supprisingly nice.

I tested out the device and it seemed to work + the mic really is build like a tank, but I've yet to test the latter since I lack phantom power unit (not counting the conferencing device). My mic also has that mini-xlr cable that seems to be a thing with certain audio-technica devices.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.