[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is going on with my installation of Windows 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Groove-Music-featured.png (9KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Groove-Music-featured.png
9KB, 800x400px
What the fuck is going on with my installation of Windows 10? Whenever I go near Groove Music in any way it starts going to shit. When I even look at the option for it in the start menu, it closes it. If manage to start it, it seems to reset explorer and nothing happens. I tried removing it with Powershell scripts but it just won't go the fuck away.

I know this isn't a troubleshooting board but I don't know where else to turn. Anyone know a reliable way to disable default Windows 10 apps?
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (78KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
78KB, 1366x768px
>>59321029
Yes, you can uninstall them with CCleaner. I only left the calculator as you can see in my screenshot.
>>
>>59321143
>chrome
Enjoy your google botnet
>>
Speaking of Groove...

I have been using it as my music player and twice my computer has frozen while it was in use, and only when it was in use. It could be coincidence but I'm just saying...

Aside from that it's a pretty cool music player.
>>
>>59321177
I uninstalled it a couple of hours ago. I switched to Chromium on Linux.
>>
>>59321143
Well, looks like something is deeply fucked with Groove on my system, since opening the "tools" in CCleaner makes it crash immediately. Even viewing Groove in the Microsoft app store makes it crash.
>>
>>59321029
do you have by any chance the windows event logging service disabled?
>>
>>59321213
Chromium is the same botnet. Opensource doesn't mean it doesn't spy.
>>
>>59321029

>Anyone know a reliable way to disable default Windows 10 apps?

Couple of options:

1) If you are running Enterprise or Education, in group policy editor (gpedit.msc) you go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Shop (or Windows Shop, I dont use english version right now) and select "disable all apps from Windows Store" or how its called in english. Disables both Shop and all default apps

2) Run PowerShell, type

>get-appxpackage

to get a list of app packages that are currently installed in your system. To search for certain apps, add its name like

>get-appxpackage *groove*

When you find the one you want to remove, copy its full name, type

>remove-appxpackage "full name of your package"

without "". Can be easily made into script to run everytime you might need it. Thats because every major update (like Anniversary or incoming Creator) will bring back part of those apps (while it never brought backGroove for me, it did brought back that card game and another one, forgot the name).

You might try to remove those packages from image by removing them from list of "provisioned" packages (that will be automatically installed to every new user), but tweaking with it screw over sysprep function (unless you plan to never use it anyway but still). If you want to do it anyway, the commands are

>get-appxprovisionedpackage -online
>remove-appxprovisionedpackage -packagename "name of your package -online

Those commands require administrator rights. The parameter -online makes it read and change list of your currently running OS. Note that this list will also be "updated" after major update. Normal updates dont change anything, tho.

I suggest to run PowerShell ISE to make it easier.

3) CCleaner or similar program.

Cant recall other options.
>>
>>59323117
I gave up on security until a sensible solution is developed other than email encryption. I only use open source software because everything else I now use is open source and so it fits well along those line. Also, the name Chromium sounds nice.
>>
>>59321029
gas the botnet
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.