[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The internet is not magic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: backbone.jpg (34KB, 595x412px) Image search: [Google]
backbone.jpg
34KB, 595x412px
Of all the bullshit and misinformation you get about the internet
>Oh its a cloud
>Everyone is connected
The facts are simple there are a handful of backbone equipment that rout everything imagine a simplified (without the cluster we have today) (also good luck on finding where these parts actually are, pro tip its a secret) version where you have a ring around the USA and all 4 nodes are connected. Everyone is hucked up to one of these 4 nodes and they push your trafficker to the other backbone nodes.

Sniff on these nodes and you know what is going on.
There is no more magic.
Also if you cut the connection between the backbones you effectively isolate a network.
Since our example is a 4 node ring you need to cut 2 cables to create total isolation.
Now the new sub networks will still operate and communicate however considering how the modern web requires multiple requests chances are your favorite websites will not be operational or not on your new network.

This is the simple truth.
It gets more messy and complicated if you see the diagram however the same concept is observed.
>>
you're on /g/ not facebook
>>
>>59314635
I'm testing if neo/g/ knows this.
>>
>>59314617
So any way to get real info where all the internet cables are located and who owns them?
Even if its approximate do to (((security)))?
>>
>>59314617
>Cox backbone
No
>>
>babies first networking class finished and he wants to show off on /g/
How cute.
>>
>>59314635
>there's a difference

It's 2017 /g/ lol
>>
>>59314715
Neo/g/ can't do anything more complex than FizzBuzz and Rust/Wangblows/nVidiot/hentai/gaymen shilling. I'd be surprised if over 3 daily /g/ posters even knew what a CPU pipeline was.
>>
>>59314617
hello newfriend!
>>
>>59315214
>THe internet is literally magic where every computer is magically connected to every other computer
>What is ISP?
>>
>>59315598
>implying you're not a neet
>>
>>59320369
>projecting
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.