[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Guts/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1472_spec.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1472_spec.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
/Guts/

Friendly 6700k user edition.

AMD and Intel users welcome.
Not welcome : No one
>>
>>59314180
Was making this shitty thread part of your master plan?
>>
File: n2ewguts.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
n2ewguts.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
Whats up
>>
File: 1.jpg (801KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
801KB, 2592x1936px
>>59314180
I bet my graphics card could beat up your graphics card.
>>
>>59315590
What cooler for your GPU is that?
>>
>>59317380
Accelero Xtreme III with replaced fans and some hand cut bits.
>>
File: PC_09032017.jpg (853KB, 1823x1380px) Image search: [Google]
PC_09032017.jpg
853KB, 1823x1380px
Dear /guts/. I hope this is the right thread to ask about this problem I have.

How to properly improve GPU cooling in situation from picture? To be more precise, my GPU (custom RX 480 from Sapphire, "Nitro+") heats up too easily during even medium load. While the case (Corsair 200R) have fans at the front (basically in the middle of front part) and the back, right after CPU, the bottom part of the case face problems with little to no airflow. Drives usually dont get too hot, but when GPU is under load, they both reach high temperatures (RX 480 quickly reach 75 or even 80C, drives up to 50C). The second front slot for case fan would probably require me to remove drive cage and I cant do that. At the other hand, would additional fan at the bottom help a little? Would that help situation with GPU pumping already hot air on the chip? And how to easily protect it from pumping dust inside?

Sorry for asking such trivial questions and thanks for any advice.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (26KB, 471x201px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
26KB, 471x201px
>>59314180
m8
>>
>>59319471
How much effort are you willing to put into it?
Are you using any of the 5.25" bays? If not you can fit either a 120mm or a 140mm fan in there with a plug cut from foam. You'd need to either replace the bay covers with https://www.amazon.com/Lian-Li-Black-cover-filter/dp/B000E0RBIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489080356&sr=8-1&keywords=5.25+bay+mesh+cover or remove them altogether.

Install a fan on the bottom of the case as an intake. Lift the case up a bit (as in, install taller feet) so there's at least an inch or two clearance from the surface to the fan intake. You could cult out the fan grill for better noise profile and slightly more airflow. If your case is on the floor you'll need a dust filter, if it's on the desk you might get by without.

Remove all the PCIE slot covers.

With that said, the Nitro+ just runs hot (or loud, if you adjust the fan profile), and you should look into undervolting it. They come with core voltage set way too high. Mine came set to 1.175V, when its perfectly stable running 1.025V. Does wonders for power consumption/heat.
>>
File: gpu temps 2.png (32KB, 770x488px) Image search: [Google]
gpu temps 2.png
32KB, 770x488px
>>59319643

Actually I dont use that upper bay at all, except for holding unused cables (PSU is not modular). But airflow on CPU is working nicely and temperature dont go over 65C (i7-6700k with NH-U12S cooler, not overclocked yet).

I have unused SilentiumPC Fera 3 CPU cooler, do you think that mounting its fan on the bottom would be enough?

As for GPU voltage, what software should I use for lowering it? During load it indeed goes at 1,175 V, but I never touched that. To be honest, I never did any overclocking before and that RX480 is the single most expensive card I bought so far.
>>
>>59320008
Either use WattMan or download WattTool.
>>
>>59315106
I was board besides all the other threads where so generic la.
>>59319545
Yeah I Can't fit the bracket in properly because there is no screw holes for it. lol
But the bracket is not effecting the hard drive anyway because its only been held in by a zip tie ;)
>>59315127
thanks for joining us.
>>59315590
I bet it could la.
I'm not much of a gamer anyway.

What is the video card anyway?
>>59319471
get a OC app and change the fan speed profile that can do wonders.

you could always add a fun to the bottom and give you PSU more air that could keep temps down too
>>
>>59320931
>fun
*fan.

btw feel free to add more /guts/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.