[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the hype for mechanical keyboards just a marketing meme? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (57KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
57KB, 600x300px
Is the hype for mechanical keyboards just a marketing meme? I went back to using a rubber dome keyboard at work, and honestly, its way comfier than my mechanical keyboard at home.

>"John, you know that clicky IBM keyboard you had years ago?"
>"Yes Bill, I do".
>"Well, go dust it off. Marketers---whoops... did I say marketers? I mean, real scientific studies in scientific journals have proven that mechanical keyboards like that are better for gaming."
>"Well, gee Bill! I would dust it off, but it's buried in my attic somewhere."
>"Don't worry John, you can get a new one for just $90. Or you can get one with flashing lights for $200!"
>"That's pretty pricey Bill, is it worth it?"
>"OF COURSE it's worth it. Professional gamers use them too, which backs up the marketing---I mean, which backs up the scientific studies that proves they will make you better at gaming"
>"Well gee Bill, aren't those pro gamers sponsored by the companies that sell the mechanical k-"

John was found dead the next morning. Cause of death: Bludgeoned by a Corsair K90.
>>
>>59314104

well all you need is a keyboard that allows you to press at least 4+ keys at the same time. Most Mechanical Keyboards allow you to press 10 or so.

Which is pretty damn nice because it gives you endless possibilities to set up macros, shortcuts etc to use your system in the most efficient way.

Its also fun to type on i guess and i believe i can type way faster on a mechanical keyboard although i havent down extensive testing tbqh.
>>
>>59314104
Nice blog, how do I subscribe?
>>
Yes they're fucking memes
Bought a MasterKeys Pro L with cherry MX Blue's
Yeah great, it has flashy lights, makes noise when I press the buttons, but who fucking cares it does the same thing as my old HP Compaq Rubber dome keyboard from 2002
I don't like the feeling of it, It was expensive and it's a fucking input peripheral, they all do the same shit
Terribly marketed devices now, association with the typical consumer-shit gaming greed covering everything
Id be happier with a full-sized thinkpad keyboard like on my X201 if something were to exist
>>
>>59314104
What shitty mechanical keyboard do you have?
Good MKs make everything way more /comfy/ while rubber domes just feel mushy and gay
If anything just get Topre switches
>>
>>59314104
Yes, they are mostly a meme and a fad.
I unironically prefer rubber dome keyboards. Mechanicals feel too hard and "plasticky".

Sadly, if you want a keyboard that lets you press more keys at once, there's much more choice if you look at mech keyboards.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.