[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best smartphone to get for rooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download (3).jpg (16KB, 299x168px)
download (3).jpg
16KB, 299x168px
Best smartphone to get for rooting?
Preferably flagship...
Won't mind waiting if it is worth it.(regarding stuff like OnePlus 5, Note 8, Pixel 2)
>>
>>59313804
eye foam 8

wut is question i didn't read
>>
I'd say a HTC 10 if you buy it through them. Bootloader unlocking is covered by the warranty. And if you wanted to go even deeper, you can do s-off (although it costs money to do so) to edit firmware stuff or convert it from US unlocked to w.e you want as long as the network type is the same.

The community rom scene is bretty gud and unlike most other manufactures, it actually has nougat where leedroid or viperrom take from both europe and us based firmware so there are very little bugs with a lot of compatibility.
>>
>>59313804
i like my lg og
its 4 years old, but runs well.
>>
Nokia 8 or the next OnePlus. OnePlus 3T is the most rational buy right now.
>>
>>59313882
Forgot to mention that the custom kernels also has driver updates straight from qualcomm.
>>
Nexus 6P if the size is okay for you. Otherwise I'd say the Pixel 2 looks promising.
>>
>>59313804
>OnePlus 5
What the fuck? Didn't the first OnePlus release like a year or less ago? How have they churned out so many in such a short time frame?
>>
>>59313930
They skipped the 4...
>>
>>59313804
Nexus 6p. Still a great phone and you can get them cheap because muh new Iph.. ER Pixel.
>>
Question. Rooting noob here, how hard is rooting an Android device, and how hard is it to fuck up and brick one's device? Are one-click root programs like Kingo Root reliable, and can they brick my device? I've never hacked any devices before from fear of them bricking, except for a PS Vita.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus and a Sony Xperia C waiting for root, wanting to know my chances of success before I get my feet wet.

Thanks.
>>
>>59315786
It's easier than you think.I used to root some Samsung phones with kingo and I didn't have any problem.
>>
>>59315786
on click root programs are most likely not safe. I used kingeoot (kingoroot, same company I think) and it uploaded more data than play services when idle.

also it's nearly impossible to hard brick a device if you never let the battery drop below 30%. I only hard bricked once when I was a noob.

rooting a Samsung device would be fucking difficult, any other device would be easy as long as you can unlock the bootloader successfully (any device other than Samsung and small Chinese brands will give you a hard time)

the easiest device to root for me was the one plus 3, it literally only needed 2 command lines and adb files(which you can find on any XDA forum.
>>
>>59313804
Htc 10
It was made with rooting in mind.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.