[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of gaming laptops? Should I get one or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

What do you guys think of gaming laptops? Should I get one or just go with cheap ass school laptop and desktop for gaming combo?

I don't think I can spend 2200+ on a laptop if that helps. Alienware looks nice I think.
>>
If you can afford it, get a laptop with dual gfx cards and an i7
Alienware are fine
>>
>>59311690
You can do both for around 1600 if you're ok with medium/high graphics while gaming on the go.
>>
>>59311690
Christ no

Contrary to /v/'s opinion, you aren't cool for having a RGB LED keyboard on full bright in a dark room, or playing a shitty F2P game during lectures.

I'd really recommend you stop giving a shit about games. You won't need beefy shit unless you're going into an engineering course that'll use complex software. You can get through any CS course with a shitty 2006 ThinkPad -- and people have before.

If you want to have fun, go out and socialize.
>>
File: macbook-pro-15-touch-nw-g01.jpg (141KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-15-touch-nw-g01.jpg
141KB, 775x500px
>>59311690
>>59311716
>paying money for a plastic POS Memeware laptop

No. Pic related is the only answer.
>>
>>59311690
>What do you guys think of gaming-
grow up
>>
>>59311740
>bring desktop to school
>never use it for work because Thinkpad t430 can handle everything fine for $130
>never game because I made friends in my classes
This will probably be how it goes for you. Most people have consoles for a reason at uni, portable. I only game near a break after all my exams are done, its not as bad as it sounds either. You also don't want to be the faggot with the loud fans playing Undertale all lesson long.

The real pain is becoming a junior and still have no clue about CS jobs because you took all your gen eds early. If people wanted to improve the quality of higher education, remove all those gen eds and let people take the program they want to take.
>>
I've tried multiple gaming laptops from this gen because I've been hearing good things but they're all shit again.

Asus gl502vs gtx 1070
Alienware 15 1070
Msi g72vr 1070

Alienware was the worst of the bunch. I had to modify the cooler with padding and new thermal paste to get barely acceptable thermals. The Alienware was still audible at idle which was hugely annoying. The Asus was alright but you have to remove a filter on the heat sink which was terribly placed. The Asus also comes with this shitty 180watt psu that doesn't charge the laptop when playing intensive games.

The msi was the best and I could recommend it if you don't mind it being fuck huge. The chassis is the only reason why it has the best cooling but it's still warm on temps. Oh and I down volted all of them for better temps. Gaming laptops still aren't "there" yet. Cooling is still a huge problem that will effect the lifetime. The shitty i7 all of these ship with bottle neck the cards big time.

My gtx 980 i5 4690k was matching them or beating them in CPU intensive games which was expected. The 1070 definitely flexed its muscles in other games but honestly a huge different imo.
>>
>>59311740
>>59311811
Thanks for this advice, you are making a lot of sense, I should just make friends, hang out, get laid maybe? 1% chance of happening but oh well.

Definitely doing mad internships.

>>59312002
Thank you for that great post. I'll look at Msi g72vr and also I am looking at HP's 360x Spectre because having the ability to draw on the screen seems versatile, it looks so sexy and respectable and great for all walks of life.

I think I'll narrow it down to a laptop now for sure but decide on gaming on a 1070, that 2in1 or just the 400 dollar laptop.
>>
>>59312867
Making friends isn't that hard. Make sure to sit next to the people that actually give a damn about the subject. Community College was hell because of all the uninterested people.

>get laid maybe
One step at a time. You have to look like a social able person before you get attention.
>>
>>59311690

desktop is more cost effective so get that and a cheap laptop depends how often you plan on moving it

I wouldn't put too much faith in these who are suggesting you will spend all your time socializing, this is false (and im saying this as a graduate) even Chad et al needs down time and there will be an equal amount of time people spend alone doing stuff, this can be fulfilled by consoles and even playing with friends but if you got games you know you want to carry on playing you should go ahead because your newly made friends (even if you make them) wont be around all the time
>>
>>59311690
There's already an entire video just about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Qit4CZ6EU&t
>>
>>59314305
This, I have a cheap laptop with Chromium OS installed on it. It just werks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.