[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 45

File: 1466882747310.gif (137KB, 170x244px) Image search: [Google]
1466882747310.gif
137KB, 170x244px
Positive vibes edition
>>
Best music player for ios 9?
>>
>>59307301
your vibes are shit
>>
>>59307342
itunes?
>>
Let's make this the best stupid questions thread ever.
>>
File: 1472919571125.png (233KB, 520x423px) Image search: [Google]
1472919571125.png
233KB, 520x423px
I am making a Powershell script for the first time in my life. Is there a way for me to pass a function's return value to another function without piping it and without assigning it to a local variable first?

function getThing()
{
return "thing"
}

function useThing($thing)
{
Write-Host $thing
}

# Pass the result of getThing to useThing here

pls help, I can't find anything on this subject on google
>>
>>59307363
I'm using the stock music app right now with it, and the app is what sucks.
My fatass buritto fingers can't use the volume slider.
>>
how is babby formed / how girl get pragnent
>>
File: 7K3ei0S.gif (461KB, 250x125px) Image search: [Google]
7K3ei0S.gif
461KB, 250x125px
>>59307301
>>59307392
fucking anime and furry faggots edition
go jump under train
>>
>>59307392
useThing(getThing())?
>>
>>59307430
No, you can't pass parameters using brackets in Powershell (I think?)
>>
>>59307392
Does this not work?

useThing(getThing())
>>
>>59307420
Python into C boi
>>
>>59307420
When a man and a woman love each other very much they make a post on craigslist looking for a bull
>>
File: Untitled.png (5KB, 309x219px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 309x219px
>>59307430
>>59307436
>>
File: 1039120293719.jpg (59KB, 910x752px) Image search: [Google]
1039120293719.jpg
59KB, 910x752px
Is there any way to make NEETbucks online? I already use Swagbucks.
>>
>>59307456
Become a qt trap camwhore
>>
In UML/Class diagrams, what is a link/association?
The description I've got is "A logical link between objects/classes". What's a logical link? In what logic? What do they share?
>>
Best Anti-Virus?
Best Anti-Virus that won't prevent me from playing my vidya?
>>
Has anyone applied for BizSpark just for the Azure credits?

Anything I need to know before applying in?

Also, can anyone recommend me a hosting site that supports custom domains? I only need the site active for a month, if that helps.
>>
>>59307809
A relation between two classes that isn't aggregation or inheritance

>>59307842
https://www.digitalocean.com/

>>59307839
Avast
>>
>>59307854
I actually just installed Avast because it wouldn't let me play Overwatch. I tried doing everything I could to force it to allow the game to run. Would not have it. So I told it to fuck off.
>>
>>59307854
What does that relation represent though?
Why are they related and what do they both relate to?
>>
>>59307881
Class X uses (static utility) class Y to calculate some shit

Class X does not contain an instance of class Y

Class X does not inherit from class Y
>>
>>59307879
That's because Overwatch is shit.
You should be listening.
>>
>>59307919
I know but I can't not play it occasionally
>>
>>59307899
So a link is when one object needs a value/operation from another object?
And an association is when a class needs something from another class?
>>
Is AI primarily a software or hardware problem?
>>
>>59308016
Completely software-related.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network
>>
>>59307899
I've done some more reading on it but I'm still kind of confused,specifically as to how it is represented when actually creating the software.
The best example I've found is class Professor has an association with class Book, as the Professor wrote the book.
1) What does this mean at a lower level (how is this represented in code structure)? Do the two classes interact at all?
2) What does the direction mean? Does it mean the professor class will be doing something with the book class but not the other way around?
>>
I found a free employee time clock software that has native windows and android apps. What's the best way to make an android time clock?

Cheap ass tablet to remain at business site? Put android on a raspberry pi?
>>
>>59308131
The book class does not need to know anything about the professor class.

class Professor {
Book makeMeABookBitch() {
Book toReturn = new Book();
toReturn.shizzleYoNizzle();
return toReturn;
}
}
>>
>>59307342
For your own mp3s or whatever: Itunes
For streaming music: Soundcloud. I know soundcloud isn't nearly as extensive as spotify or probably other music streaming services but that's the only one that comes to mind. Unfortunately I am a jew and I aint paying for that shit nor am I patient enough to deal with the 10+ ads an hour from free spotify.
>>
>>59307839
Avast for sure. I've messed with plenty over the years but avast is by far the best in my opinion. Be warned though, it will lock you out of a few features and spam you once or twice a month to buy the premium but still it isn't half as bad as other "free" anti-virus programs.
>>
>>59307301
What are your thoughts on hacker news? They seem way better than reddit, but they have a cucky vibe to them.
>>
>>59308177
Okay.
Does the multiplicity stipulate how many instances of the class it can define within the class?

Also, does professor use variables/methods from book? Is that why it's an association, and why it declares an object of it?

Sorry if these questions are dumb/repetitive. Really trying to approach this in a way I get.
>>
>>59307301
Why does Nvidia's Titan exist if 1080 and 1080Ti are more powerful and cheaper?
>>
>>59308154
That's what I would do. Also mount it in a locked box on the wall so employees can't do anything else to it but use the app.
>>
>>59307301
how to make webm with ffmpeg for use on 4chan
>>
I installed a new Samsung SSD and Magician says its firmware is the latest version EMT02BQ6. My other Samsung SSD has the firmware EMT01BQ6

Anyone who has installed the latest one can tell me if it's one of those updates that need to wipe out everything in the drive? Or should I just leave it like that since it's never given me any issues
>>
File: 1485582301547.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485582301547.webm
3MB, 720x480px
I have to write a code in C where i have to have an array "move".
Such as:
1 2 3 4 5

move 2 spaces:
5 4 1 2 3

can someone make some pseudo code so i could get an idea on what to do.
>>
File: 1.png (860KB, 954x711px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
860KB, 954x711px
My CPU is old now (Athlon II 640) and I want to upgrade to something substantially better.
I've been offered the i5-6400. Is that a good choice or is there a more convenient AMD alternative?

I make music and it all relies entirely on the CPU. I've got to keep rendering things and freezing and flattening and stuff to finish any project. It's getting really annoying.

So anyway, basically i5? or perhaps some AMD alternatives? Thanks
>>
>>59307301
Anyone on macOS willing to help me?

I need to know the file permissions of the file located at ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apples.services.plist

Preferably the chmod command I would use to reset them back to their defaults. I put them to 600 on a friend's mac and want to switch them back to what they are by default.
>>
File: sAwqdwb.png (580KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
sAwqdwb.png
580KB, 800x792px
>>59308320
ffmpeg -i inputfile -vcodec libvpx output.webm
>>
>>59308409
you will need a new motherboard for the intel and there isn't much room in your CPU family for an upgrande except for a Athlon II X4 650 which is the hiest spec for AM3 Check if your motherboard allows AM3+
>>
>>59308350
Create a new array the same size of that array.

Loop through the original array and for each element assign it to the new array at a new position.
>>
>>59308524
Thanks. I forgot to specify that. I'm getting a new motherboard and anything that's needed for the new PC; this old one stays untouched.
>>
So I'm on a bit of a dilemma

I've currently got a fairly awful off-brand 1440p monitor, and my GTX 980 won't cut it anymore at this resolution (barely did at the first place)

Is it worth selling it in order to buy a much better quality 1080p monitor, which should have better colours and display, while being able to play games at an acceptable performance?
>>
>>59308628

just suck it up and drop some quality settings jesus christ, I'm getting by with a 290x on a 4k monitor without issues
>>
>>59308245
Professor can use whatever it wants to use from Book.

Look at it this way: if Professor is derived from Book, it's an inheritance relation. If Professor stores a Book then it's either aggregation or composition. If Professor uses a Book for whatever purpose without explicitely storing said book, it's association.

Inheritence is the strongest of the bonds. Association is the weakest of the bonds. Dependency injection is a form of forcing association. A lot of Java programs use aggregation and composition to perform what the language's limited inheritance structure can not.
>>
how to turn flac to alac
>>
I want to automate a few things. I need some wireless sensors/transducers to communicate with a hub to display the following:

>temperature
>pressure (a threaded fitting I can screw into an airline)
>water sensor (alerts me if there is water on the floor)
infrared
>maybe replace a photocell with a wireless solenoid that I could schedule

Would this be achievable with a pi? And could you guys point me in the right direction to look for the wireless modules?
>>
I'm reading that a videocard gives only little improvement in After Effects; that it depends moslty on the CPU. Anyone know if this is true/makes-sense?
>>
>>59308642
>>59308628

but to answer your question since I forgot,

>Is it worth selling it in order to buy a much better quality 1080p monitor, which should have better colours and display

if you go tn it's still going to be kind of shitty and if you go ips you'll run into shit like backlight bleed and colour uniformity issues unless you start paying out the ass for professional class calibrated monitors, better colours is a meme unless you just want something with better viewing angles and maybe slightly better contrast

gsync/120-144hz will be a better option for gaming (in that order), ips has its drawbacks with slower refresh times bumping up the prices on 'gaming' monitors but ips gsync 120-144hz monitors do exist, it basically boils down to how much you want to spend

I will warn you that you'll likely miss the extra resolution outside of gaming though
>>
Is there a way to rescale the volume options in windows?
My only audio device is a set of headphones and I constantly have the windows volume at less than 10% which makes it difficult/impossible to fine-tune shit. Music's slightly too loud at 7%, but turn it down to 6% and it's suddenly too quiet.

Is there some way to rescale it so that Windows' current 10% becomes the new 100%?
>>
>>59308700
>Would this be achievable with a pi?

yes but if you need more gpio pins (unlikely) then look into something like a beaglebone black

>And could you guys point me in the right direction to look for the wireless modules?

wireless for the pi or the remote things? if it's for the remote things then esp8266 or other esp devices, very low cost and basically purpose built for this problem
>>
>>59308755
I'd likely be going from a single 1440p monitor to 2 1080 monitors, so from a productivity standpoint i'd likely benefit, but I am considering just keeping the 1440p for now
>>
File: 1488153333459.jpg (76KB, 335x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1488153333459.jpg
76KB, 335x1110px
For desktops, why not just run Windows host OS for gaming/3D work, and a GNU/Linux VM used as a main work desktop?

Would it not mean you have best of both worlds?
>>
>>59308700
a Pi or similar single board linux machine would be sensible if you want a decent display.

For the wireless modules, I'd go with ESP8266 microcontroller boards. Connect over WiFi, cheap as shit on aliexpress/banggood/etc, pretty easy to program. The Wemos D1 Mini development boards are nice and small.
>>
>>59308324
Anyone
>>
So I accidentally cleared a few important files from my recycle bin. Does anyone know of any free programs I can use to recover the raw data from my harddrive
>>
>>59308788

tough call in that case, if it really is an off-brand 1440p I can't see you getting decent 1080ps unless you drop some money for them but two monitors is definitely far better for productivity
>>
>hoarding Linux distros
Why do autists do this?
>>
File: 1481363875807.jpg (223KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481363875807.jpg
223KB, 1200x1200px
>>59308833
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59308786
>>59308816
Sorry, by "wireless modules" I meant the sensors that would communicate wirelessly to the hub (pi or beaglebone).

Thanks fellas
>>
>>59308824
It's one of those gook samsung reject "PLS" panels

It's good because it has no backlight bleed nor does it have any dead pixels

I suppose I could just buy another 1080p monitor to go with it, but I'd find the resolution/size/matte screen jarring
>>
My powers currently out and I have 57% battery and 650mb of data to survive with

Are there any settings in android that will severely limit my data so I can survive? Something like not loading images over 1mb or something
>>
>>59308879
airplane mode?

will your data actually stop when it runs out or will it just end up in verizon/att jewing you out of a hundred dollars per gigabyte or something
>>
Do I need some special electronic device to measure how much power my PC is drawing or is there some software that can do it?
>>
a friend just bought a laptop that comes with a 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Right now everything is in the OS, including the user documents.

What's the best way and retard proof way to make sure files goes in the HDD ?

About programs should I just tell him to modify the path when installing the program ?
>>
>>59308879
turn down your screen brightness famalam
>>
>>59308890
It'll actually stop, I'm on a no contract plan through t-mobile

Michigan suffered some crazy winds last night and the estimated restoration time is unknown right now
>>
My computer has a high pitched whining noise which I guess is coil whine, but it happens even at idle. Also it happens while I'm in the bios menu which is weird. What is it actually?
>>
>>59308926
well you're probably better off finding yourself a candle and a book
>>
>>59308794
>Would it not mean you have best of both worlds?
No. What would be the point of having your linux distro on a VM ?

If you stay on windows and use a VM, you'll still have the problems of windows that you might want to run away
not secure, annoying as fuck to keep up to date, botnet, slow as shit unless you have an SSD, bloat everywhere, bugs everywhere, and list goes on.

People switch to linux because it's actually better, not because they need the command line or whatever reason newfags wants to believe.
>>
File: ENER007_NEW_d.jpg (22KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ENER007_NEW_d.jpg
22KB, 800x600px
>>59308731

most rendering is cpu based, a few video editing programs have started to use gpu to render but usually the bottlenecks in video editing are disk speed and cpu power (even if the final render is gpu based)

>>59308784

traditionally this is what a headphone amp is for but I don't know how you'd do this in software unless your audio driver has an option for volume boost or something

>>59308794
>Would it not mean you have best of both worlds?

people do this all the time but you lose a little functionality not having linux bare metal, it really depends where you want the trade off to be

>>59308820

best practice is that you always back up data, some quick google searches show people are having problems with data loss on firmware upgrades though (to EMT02BQ6, that is)

you're not really going to miss anything by not updating the firmware

>>59308823

recuva, download it to another drive and stop writing to the drive affected (and obviously recover to another drive)

>>59308879

there's a battery saver mode in power option somewhere but it doesn't do a whole lot, just stop doing cpu intensive shit and turn brightness down

>>59308897

what you want is a power meter (pic related)

some fancy pants corsair psus have it built in with some software but you'd likely know if you had just such a psu

>>59308903
>What's the best way and retard proof way to make sure files goes in the HDD ?

clone the 120gb ssd to the 1tb then create a partition on the 1tb with the remaining space

it's not a pretty solution by far but it's about as retard proof as you can get

>>59308972

is it a laptop? my thinkpads make some noise while idle and it's related to cpu usage, other laptops I've had would make noise due to the ccfl backlight

if it's 100% power related and stops under load it's probably just coil whine or noisy capacitors not designed for such low load

coincidentally one of my monitors has a hell of a loud whine when the brightness is turned down
>>
>>59309044
>most rendering is cpu based
This makes my life easier. Thank you!
>>
Is it possible that eventually new hardware won't be supported by Windows 7? I seriously hope I don't ever have to use Windows 10 or any post 7
>>
Can i buy ink online to refill a HP cartridge?

How hard is it? literally just open it, put more ink and close it?
>>
>>59308972
>>59309044
its a PC. Its always been like this at idle, so I disabled processor idle and that fixed it for a while but just yesterday it started being a constant high pitched noise no matter what. But what do you think it is if I hear it even in the bios menu?
>>
>babby's first java
>using eclipse IDE
>warning: this method has a constructor name
is this really that bad?
>>
>>59309100
Outside IGPU drivers, no.
It will just get harder to install but will work fine.

That its not the case with laptops since they can block Windows 7 and 8.1, also use fundamental parts not compatible with 7 (Example WLAN)(General example ASUS laptops).
>>
Will there come a point where the mainstream consumers need a 1 or more petabyte drive? One petabyte is a ridiculous amount of data for something like a family computer but then again we said the same about terabytes a decade or two ago and nowadays 1TB drives are the standard minimum in most computers
>>
File: 2.jpg (25KB, 399x319px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
25KB, 399x319px
>>59309146
>That its not the case with laptops since they can block Windows 7 and 8.1,
Oh fuck. So this is already happening with laptops?
Is there a way to know this or you just find out by installing windows 7 and seeing a no-internet icon?
>Outside IGPU drivers, no.
Why IGPUs, specifically?

Fanks
>>
>>59309258
If you buy a laptop that comes with Windows 10, chances are its motherboard won't let you install or boot 7
>>
>>59309209
I think so yeah. Virtually everything (audio, video, whatever) can always increase in quality and that usually means bigger sizes
>>
>>59309258
Intel doesnt want to keep making Windows 7 drivers for windows 7 for their recent CPUs for example.
AMD still needs to confirm they will for their APUs.

Ethernet in laptops wont change in a long time i guess so ethernet drivers wont be a problem.
WLAN on the other hand are starting to get rare on recent laptops, a fix would be use a USB wifi adapter.

Chipset drivers are a problem too but you usually dont need them.
>>
>>59309270
Gah, that makes sense unfortunately. Mine came with 8.1. Hope I don't have to kill myself
>>
>>59309306
>WLAN on the other hand are starting to get rare on recent laptops
???
>>
>>59309320
WLAN drivers, wireless card drivers in simple words.
>>
>>59309306
So you can't use windows 7 on a, say, i7?
>>
>>59309344
Yes, the CPU wont be affected by which windows version because it doesn't use drivers.
>>
>>59309344
Starting with Skylake Intel dropped Windows 7 support in their cpus

Doesn't mean you can't use it, just that it won't work 100% flawlessly
>>
>>59309353
>>59309344
Yes you can*

What you will have problems is with the Intel Kaby Lake IGPUs.

Skylake still have drivers for 7.
>>
>>59309326
oh you were talking about drivers, sure
read your post a tad too quickly and thought you meant WLAN capability as a whole
>>
File: 1488942073930.png (18KB, 148x243px) Image search: [Google]
1488942073930.png
18KB, 148x243px
My mom has a hard drive that can store up to 930GB. She has one folder with about 90GB of photos in it, and that folder in particular is very unresponsive. It works well if I have it in list view, but if I try to give it large icons it throws up. Is it safe to assume that while the drive can store a ton of photos, having them all in one folder is too much for the computer to handle, and that's why it's fucking up so much?
>>
>>59309451
Yup, my reaction image folder takes 11 minutes to fully load for example.
>>
>>59309451
>loading thumbnails for 90gb of images
sub
folders
>>
>>59309466
>>59309478
Ok, good. Thanks Anons.

Bonus question if your /g/ wizardry hasn't run out, any tips on removing all these things? I'm going to put them in different folders for her, but it's taken 10 minutes to move 10 pictures because of how slow it is, and I still have to delete it from the original slow folder afterwards.
>>
Can you do 2 ports (IRC and Web server) to one machine or does it have to be one port per machine?
>>
I wanna know what UPS is right for my PC. Should I just get something that has the same watts as the PSU? I'm absolutely lost at this
>>
>>59308596
ty
>>
>>59308600
well what is your budget? the i5 isn't bad its the cheapest option, but im not sure how strong they are. but i would recommend you to buy a amd 6300 i use it as a gayman/ work PC. FL runs solid on this cpu and i think it has 3-4 years until i truely need to upgrade or get a ryzen CPU which might last you 5+ years
>>
hey fa/g/s,
I got two video cards each with one monitor attached. I run i3wm and my cursor can pass to the second monitor but is only displayed as a little cross. No i3bar there either and I can't move tiles to this screen. Do I need another i3 session?
>>
>>59309710
man i3 && man org
>>
>>59309710
try attaching both monitors to one gpu and make sure the gpu bridge is on
>>
File: received_1738507032829917.png (657KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_1738507032829917.png
657KB, 800x800px
Audiofags
Will this work to connect a passive sub to an amp with preout sub connection?
>>
>>59309209
>>59309292
I don't think audio will increase that much in quality. Movies will since we start to have bigger screen.

I think the main problem is high rez movies and games (GTA is >50GB iirc)

Personally I barely use 500GB and don't need much more.
My family and friends doesn't use their computer to store a lot of things too. They got a few pictures, but they won't use more than 100GB including the OS and the software they use

With the cloud meme and poeple not giving a fuck about their privacy we probably won't need petabyte drives soon
People that need a lot of space will just invest on more HDD
>>
>>59309770
>>59309710
Sorry, didn't make that clear: I have one bad card attached to a bad screen and a good one to a good screen. For gaming I want to use a vm with PCI passthrough and just leave the bad card + screen to my host.
>>
File: 1464830231101.png (534KB, 650x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464830231101.png
534KB, 650x720px
How do you usually read huge programming books with 500+ pages?

I usually read and take notes at the same time, but I don't know if it's an efficient method. I'm a CS freshman.

I might take 8+ months to finish a book. Am I taking too long or is it normal?
>>
>>59309814
I don't know about Virtual Machines
>>
File: 1487233721367.jpg (42KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487233721367.jpg
42KB, 728x522px
What the can I do with comptia certs.
>>
>>59309879
brew large keg of coffee and do the whole thing in one go taking only minimum necessary bathroom breaks
>>
File: a.jpg (104KB, 1342x761px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
104KB, 1342x761px
>>59309702
>amd 6300
Why's it seem to be better and cheaper than the i5? Is the intel jew meme true? I'm comparing against the i5-6400 though
>>59309702
>budget
I'm from argentina so it's hard to convert to something that makes sense over there but i'd say around 1000 dollars.
>>
>>59309879
i read the book at a moderately fast speed; if you miss something, doing the exercises will fill those holes so memorizing everything is not necessary.
>>
>>59309879
Im also a CS Freshman as well, but you are going at it wrong (at least thats what my Prof says). Dont read the whole book. treat it as a math textbook . do take notes but make sure to section off the notes by chapter and part. and + months is too long since semesters are like fife months
>>
>>59309920
well Intel does have good CPUs but they are over priced. I only have experience with AMD. here is the comparison: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-6400-vs-AMD-FX-6300
Although intel is better in this case it's up to you. I would recommend buying a AMD Ryzen though since they're cheaper and better than some $700USD CPUs. if you want a Ryzen i recommend the 1800 which will run you about $500 for a mother board and processor. (you also need a graphics card if you don't already have one.
>>
File: 1452821237245.png (267KB, 424x518px) Image search: [Google]
1452821237245.png
267KB, 424x518px
>>59309912
I know you're being ironic, but in the occasion you aren't I guess it wouldn't work.

>>59309923
Thanks, but should I keep taking notes? At least the most important ones. The book is from the library so I can't really mark the text.

>>59309927
The "huge book" I mentioned is actually Introduction to Algorithms. It has topics from the 2nd semester (like Data Structures), and topics my professor said I wouldn't even see during my undergraduate course.
I want to be multiple steps ahead, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it in this semester. Maybe I'm too impatient.
>>
>>59310022
Actually, I think I could print the book and mark everything the way I want. The problem is that I'm broke right now.
>>
Just give me tl;dr. What are pixels? Are they made from 3 diodes (red,green,blue)? Is there factory made finite number of pixels on each screen?
>>
>>59310022
I myself wouldn't recommend focusing in that book at your level since you should be focusing on the current material to better suited for your next semester. just focus on your actual schooling and maybe when you are done with homework/studding you could read the book. I right now have to learn about how CPUs and GPUs have to process data in a language i don't know and you might have to go through that someday as well
>>
File: 123556.jpg (41KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
123556.jpg
41KB, 240x200px
Alright I'm kinda fucked here and not sure what to do.
Been getting some acpi.sys and error 0x00000031 bsod loops, no idea how to deal with them I just took out the hdd and tried refreshing install 8.1 in another pc.
However, problem is still there and I'm wondering what to do, I have a hunch it's gpu driver related and I tought refresh would remove them, however the fuckers are still there, all like 12 gb of them.
Now the question itself.

Any chance it could be hardware related? cpu seems fine and shows different temps in bios, gpu seems fine as well and when I tried to boot using the cpu graphics same shit happened, psu is starting and working with no hitch or sound, changed ram slots and configurations several times, etc.

And what's the best way to COMPLETELY remove anything amd related on the pc?
I'm REALLY sure it's this shitty corrupt driver but I don't know if DDU fully removes everything so I can just do a clean install on the main pc.

Thanks anons and sorry for asking this kind of shit again but I've been troubleshooting a lot
>>
>>59309879
depending on a book you can skim though most of it. notes do help with retain information but ultimately you will only remember everything though experiance
>>
>>59308872
Use ESP8266, attach sensor to it's IO, program it.

Dedicated WiFi sensor modules are far more expensive.
>>
>>59310084
Do a full windows reinstall, see if that changes anything.
>>
When I tried to connect to my own IRC server, it returns this:

(You are not authorized to use this server)

Using ircd-hybrid
>>
>>59310022
If your CS intro courses are anything like mine, there's no point in trying to get ahead since you can't use the things you've learned in the assignments you're doing. There's a reason the class is paced the way it is.
>>
>>59310071
the amount of Pixles in a virtual manner is the size of a image at its full resolution. in a physical manner its the amount of "dots" the screen has. so if i have a gay anime image thats 1000x1000 i will get its maximum quality on a 1000x1000 screen.
Yes and Yes
>>
File: 1470183001975-0.png (525KB, 561x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470183001975-0.png
525KB, 561x768px
>>59310082
Thanks. I guess the best course of action is to keep reading it, but in a very relaxed pace while focusing on the material sent by the professor.

If I keep reading and reach page 300 or so I'll have plenty of time to finish the rest in vacations.
>>
>>59310107
Would've done that already but got some really big important files here so I've tried to put it off, sadly this other pc is shitty and only has one drive slot so I can't move it around, no external either.
Might have to bite he bullet if this keeps going tho, I'm just praying it's not hardware related and to know that info about DDU and if DDU is not an option there, what else to do.
>>
>>59310071
Depends what kind of display.
>>
>>59310108
you need admin permissions
>>
>>59310151
oh it works now, thanks for the hint
>>
File: 1484246909888.gif (68KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1484246909888.gif
68KB, 150x150px
>>59310136
Yes mate, and remember (at least in California) keep your GPA at 2.0 so you don't get a strike on your college profile. two strikes and you're out.
>>
>>59310181
Just make sure you have a very good password if you put it online. You don't want your IRC to become kiddy paradise (unless you were going for that already)
>>
>>59309128
yes, it is confusing. Don't use the class's name as a function name in it
>>
File: 20170302_180327.jpg (283KB, 1307x613px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_180327.jpg
283KB, 1307x613px
>>59310084
Snagged a photo of the error code and the parameters between loops just in case.

Searching this error sadly doesn't tells me much, or maybe my googlefu is just utter shit.
>>
File: 8500154.png (107KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
8500154.png
107KB, 500x566px
Is there any advantage to using an IDE over a text editor?
>Used to use jGRASP on Mac
>Built new computer, decide to install Debian
>jGRASP renders like shit
Now I write code in Kate, then compile and run in terminal.
>>
>>59310206
as in password protect my IRC?
>>
is there a way to somehow make a picture/video in VLC better quality? or at least make it seem like it is?
>>
I want to make a device to shock myself for sexual pleasure. Is an Arduino the place to start?
>>
>>59310354
no your Admin account
>>59310374
well whats wrong with it? or just use a codec MPC pack. i recomend K-lite
>>59310385
I remember that people would make tazers out of old ipods start there.
>>
File: 1481044791322.png (85KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1481044791322.png
85KB, 223x226px
>>59310186
I'm not in the US, but here if your average grade is below 7/10 you can say goodbye to being part of projects or scientific researches.
>>
>>59310406
Wrong image btw
>>
Is there a guide/explanation for making a REST api? Literally learning the basics here. I tried following https://spring.io/guides/gs/rest-service/#scratch but it's completely broken.
>>
the new firefox html5 player is so beautiful
>>
>>59310403

its just really shit quality

192 X 160
>>
>>59310406
That sucks. but you have to do what you can
>>
>>59310442
well if the video is at that size yes. videos tend to loose quality after 1.2x the size being blown up
>>
>>59310462

so theres nothing i can do? i have to watch it super small to have good quality?
>>
>>59310534
yes or try a smaller device like your phone since their pixles are less noticeable than a on a PC. i recomend MX player on Android
>>
>>59310295
Debugger integration is the biggest advantage IMO.
>>
>>59307301
How do I record what happens on my TV without a TV card or something? My building has this cool camera and I'd like to track a girl I like that I always see when she's walking her dog. We seem to have good chemistry but I need to find the hours she leaves so I can go out and bump into her and then we will fall in love and have kids and she's probably going to tell me she's secretly rich and she's giving me a lot of money to accomplish my dreams.

But in order for that to happen I need to record/remotely watch the camera from the TV.

Should I just use a webcam? How do I avoid black lines and others?

I wish TV recording was easier.
>>
>>59310837
rather than that you could just break into her apartment at night time and confess your feelings while lying romantically in bed with her
>>
>>59310837
>wanting to fuck girls
the fuck? are you gay or something?
>>
AMD better for streaming ?
>>
>>59310924
that would require me to look and find stupid questions threads in /diy/, /fit/, and probably /k/
>>
Should I get a laser or a inkjet?
>>
>>59311082
if you don't do very much printing, a laser is a nice option because the toner will actually keep instead of constantly expiring before you can use it
>>
Is anyone else having trouble playing Youtube videos on Android? Both Newpipe and the official Youtube app are having problems loading videos but my desktop plays just fine
>>
Can you guys give me a link to download Photoshop,After Effects and all that shit
>>
/g/ approved graphing calculators?
>>
>>59311251
sounds like a problem with internet connectivity anon
is your phone connected to wifi or just using cell data?
does other shit that uses your wifi work fine for youtube?
>>
>>59311301
you can get emulators for TI calculators if you have your phone or PC with you
doesn't work so well if you want to use it in tests though...
>>
File: 1434790283420.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1434790283420.png
51KB, 657x527px
>minding my own business
>random .exe starts running
>only on screen for a second, can't tell what it is
>look at currently running processes
>don't see anything out of the ordinary

I'm assuming that months of browsing /pol/ and footjob porn on the university network finally caught up to me and they are coming to fuck me up the ass, right?
>>
How the fuck do I fix boot issues?
Startup repair doesn't works and the srttrail.txt file gives me this

Session details
---------------------------
System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows directory = D:\WINDOWS
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

And then shows me all the tests were performed successfully

what the shit, what is borked here?
>>
>>59311679
well what actually happens when it fails to boot
how far does it get, etc
>>
>>59311785
Nothing for now, but it reached up to the startup windows logo and got a blue screen looped a couple times and then started up, seemed fine after that and never happened before
Tried to do a startup repair and gave me an error, checked the logs and that was there, sounds like a tickling time bomb and I want to get to the root of the issue
>>
>>59311809
... you didn't record what the startup repair error message was?
>>
How long do I have to leave my modem unplugged to get a new IP on Cox? I tried for 5 minutes and it didn't work.
>>
>>59311829
sadly happened in a split second, couldn't even try to read it, I just saw a blue screen and the zero didn't move then when into this short loop
>>
>>59311830
Go in to the settings and release the lease, wait a bout 10 minutes then renew
>>
How do you play the violin?
>>
>>59312124
left hand suzuki method
>>
What is the desktop PC equivalent of the Nintendo Switch?

Just out of curiousity.
>>
Can Amazon send you stuff before you even ordered it?
>>
>>59312136
Emulators

>>59312138
Yes but they won't
>>
>>59312166
Amazon should at least send me a present on my birthday or something.
>>
>>59312183
But you don't deserve a present.
>>
>>59309804
Any audiofags here?
>>
>>59309451
yes, programs that store tons of files often split them into subfolders to avoid making massive filesystem queries for relatively small operations

if you open up a folder with 4000 files in it, the filesystem and hdd needs to fetch information about those files, filenames, timestamps, etc, then maybe additional things on top of that, for each one, if you have thumbnails or format-specific metadata being requested

hdd's have low random access speed compared to sequential access, so the time to gather information on tons of small files could potentially be slower than just reading the equivalent of the size of the file contents in total
>>
>>59309515
use a photo manager that is designed to handle tons of files

for example, Hydrus stores photos in separate folders according to the first couple digits of their hash, plus it stores thumbs and metadata into a separate database file, further minimizing filesystem and disk overhead when browsing them (in hydrus)
>>
How do I burn an OS when I'm completely compromised (neighborhood is packed like sardines and has an Indonesian mesh botnet which uses channel interference to crack routers)?
All the machines at my univeristy are compromised (Recycler on steroids).
Don't have burn privileges at the public library and all my friends are either dead or in prison.
>>
>>59309804
if you use a line level output to connect to an amp designed to take line level input to a passive speaker, it should work
i don't much about specifics
>>
My dad says he's kicking me out if I can't find a wife within the next 3 months. Anyone have any tips to accomplish this?
>>
>>59312204
You're probably better off asking in the audiophile thread.

Actually do people even still do those?
>>
Should I be using a PSU over 430 when using a 1050 t and mild gaming like D3 or any game.

No OC i5-4460
>>
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0AJ3SB4757

Should I be concerned that the CPU isn't Intel?
>>
File: 1482678896310.png (116KB, 372x351px) Image search: [Google]
1482678896310.png
116KB, 372x351px
>>59312377
>audiophiles in charge of knowing fuck all about audio
>>
>>59312401
>no true scotsman fallacy
>>
>>59312345
step one is to talk to your psychologist about the paranoid delusions youve been experiencing recently
>>
>>59312405
do you know what that fallacy means?
>>
File: 1453174662139.png (283KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453174662139.png
283KB, 512x384px
Can you use memtest to check cpu or is it strictly ram only?
>>
>>59312420
prime95
>>
>>59312420
Check CPU for what?
>>
>>59312398
Are you gonna use it for gayming?
>>
File: H3H3H3.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
H3H3H3.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>>59312417
If you have to ask you're obviously not a true scotsman, also a fag
>>
Can somoene recommend me a top tier workstation for gaming and programmig
>>
>>59312416
Intelligent answers only, please
>>
>>59307301
How do I change colors in the j4 dmenu replacement? I can't find a config file
>>
>>59312428
Not really. If I do it's not gonna be something graphics intensive. I was thinking it's a good deal otherwise.
>>
>>59312416
it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you
>>
>>59311301
HP 50g and related series if you want autistic nerd cred

TI Nspire series if you want something fancy

If you want something cheap, HP 39gs

If it'll be used for school, find out what ones your exams allow.
>>
>>59312427
Any possible general issues that could cause a bsod, much like memtest.
>>
>>59312432
Define top tier.
Define workstation.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 736x463px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 736x463px
i installed qemu, placed a shortcut on my desktop, dragged arch-anywhere onto it, selected boot into 86, and this is what i get. what do? should i just stick to virtualbox?
>>
>>59312433
sorry
you should ask your scientologist about the paranoid delusions you've been experiencing recently
as the All-Knowing Supreme Leader Hubbard says, psychology is a sham and is actually just a huge conspiracy to deconvert scientologists
>>
>>59312454
I want to make top tier programs, like the guys at Google or Microsoft even
>>
>>59312396
You'll be pulling well under 200W max, sofor power rating pretty much anything's fine.

Getting decent quality on <430W units that aren't OEM only is rare though.
>>
>>59312465
Dare I say it, even apple?
>>
>>59312472
Apple have good hardware but their software is garbage, sorry to tell
>>
>>59312465
You can use practically anything for programming, there's no strict requirements
>>
File: 43553565.png (2KB, 172x268px) Image search: [Google]
43553565.png
2KB, 172x268px
Are the corsair cx psu units still faulty and fucked?

I heard the fixed the issues in later versions but no idea
>>
>>59312486
But I heard you need a lot of processing power in order to compile your programs
>>
>>59307301
>glx_init(): No GLX extension.
how do I fix this?
>>
>>59312492
Mostly you need a lot of ram. Depending on what you're doing it can be CPU/GPU intensive
>>
>>59312492
Faster machine lets you compile faster, but there's no strict if your machine is too slow it won't compile, it'll just take ages.

How fast is fast enough depends how huge your projects get, and how modular they are.
>>
>>59312522
>>59312532
Huh ok サンクス I guess I'll just get a lot of ram then and a very processor
>>
>>59312345
That sounds like hell. I would use rufus to burn a live usb, then use that install to download your final OS. Verify checksums whenever you can.
>>
>>59312522
I don't know about you, but I do fine with 8GB. I have my text editor, a terminal window and a metric fuckton of browser tabs as well, never going above 7GB utilization. I also see barely any difference in compiling speed from my laptop which has a i5-6200U and my desktop's i5-6600K @ 4.1GHz.
>>
>>59312600
Good for you? It varies a lot depending on what you're doing
>>
File: SAD!.jpg (14KB, 214x303px) Image search: [Google]
SAD!.jpg
14KB, 214x303px
>>59310295
>using jgrasp to program
>not implementing an entire text editor using a pushdown automata in http://www.jflap.org/ and metaprogramming the entire program you want to write originally
>>
>>59307301
So Thompsons construction is linear time and space right? For each symbol it adds up to two states
>>
>>59312458
notice me senpai
>>
Best lightweight Firefox-type browser for Linux? Ideally with Flash support, I know nowadays a lot runs on html5 but some porn still uses flash. Anyway, I love Firefox but they keep cluttering the browser with useless new "features" that slow down my system.
Please don't suggest Chrome, Edge or other botnet browsers
>>
>>59312729
yes, just stick with virtual box
>>
I got a new pc with windows 10 and have been trying to get it set up with direct x but it keeps saying "internal error"
>>
>>59312458
kek, did you try to run JUST the kernel? that won't get you very far

try "qemu -cdrom arch-anywhere.iso"
you'll probably also want to change the memory size (-m 1G) and add a disk if you want to install it (-hda disk.img)
>>
>>59312885
wioah woah this is on windows i dont know this linux lingo of iso or cdrom.
>>
>>59312896
qemu is a cli program, if you want a gui, get a frontend for it or use something with a gui such as virtualbox
>>
I'm on Linux Mint and whenever I try playing this video I moved onto my computer from my Galaxy it stops a second in. Unless i spam pause and unpause, then the video is fine. What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>59312912
ipxe command line? but i was told i could just slap my shit right on the icon and it would run it.
>>
>>59312931
when you drag a file onto a program, the path to the file becomes the first argument to the program when it's run
so you're effectively running
qemu "c:\arch-anywhere.iso"

(or whatever the path/filename is)

the usage of qemu is;
>usage: qemu-system-x86_64 [options] [disk_image]
>'disk_image' is a raw hard disk image for IDE hard disk 0
which means you're handing qemu a cdrom image as if it was a hard drive

if it's a hybrid iso, it probably will work anyway, it might not have enough memory for a modern OS with the defaults though (128M)

you will also still have nowhere to install it to
>>
>>59312877
Can't find any help through google.
>>
How can I live a meaningful life?
>>
File: 1483388211482.png (44KB, 436x531px) Image search: [Google]
1483388211482.png
44KB, 436x531px
>>59313012
Off to a good start

Why doesn't the core clock speed go higher than this? I thought the 1050 ti was something like 1250MHz
>>
>>59313017
You can find your own meaning and pursue it, yet since death renders everything meaningless there won't really be any purpose to it.

Since death makes everything purposeless, suicide is the most pointless act, and therefore the meaning of life is to exist indefinitely.

So to live a meaningful life it's enough to just exist.
>>
>>59312779
>edge
>linux
use firefox or use ungoogled chromium or something
>>
>M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module
I'm guessing you can't put an M.2 drive into this?
>>
>>59312980
Whats a good guide cor using qemu that isnt linux biased?
>>
>>59313366
no idea, i use linux
>>
>>59313397
>>59313366
oh, should be noted that most of the guides won't be really linux specific, besides OS-specific conventions like common paths and device names
>>
Are picture you take with a smartphone automatically sent to your google account?
>>
I'm guessing SSDs with 'M' & 'B' keys basically can fit anywhere?
>>
>>59313603
no, they're sent to the cia
>>
File: 1483349234864.png (4KB, 444x152px) Image search: [Google]
1483349234864.png
4KB, 444x152px
Does this mean I can overclock my monitor to 70hz without something bad happening to it?
>>
>>59307301

Guys I'm having a problem with my ethernet switch and I need it fixed asap

So my main network is working fine and everything, no problem, but I have a cheap no-name switch in my room (very low quality) and i hear very quiet buzzing coming from it. It used to work until I tried plugging in a new cable, then all the lights started blinking, with it pausing and working for like 2 seconds, then the lights start blinking again

Even when resetting it to the old configuration, it still does this and I'm not sure what to do

Any idea what's happening?
>>
>>59313669
70hz would be underclocking it
>>
>>59313704
You could try replacing the power brick, if that doesn't work just get a new one.
>>
Will I notice any difference in RAID between SATA-600 and SATA-300?
>>
>>59313709
It is a 60Hz monitor with a maximum refreshrate of 70Hz
>>
>>59313749
>It is a 60Hz monitor
it says right there it supports up to 75Hz, it's a 75Hz monitor
your OS might pick a 60Hz mode by default, but that doesn't make it a 60Hz monitor
>>
>>59313742
For hard drives no. SSDs maybe.
>>
There's no way that DDR4 prices will ever fall down, is there? They fucking jewed the price up 2x, I see no future, even if the phones will stop hogging it(which is highly unlikely), they just wouldn't cut their profits 2x when they see that this shit still sells
>>
File: file.png (234KB, 1217x534px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
234KB, 1217x534px
Is there a better deal on junk food?
>>
>>59313768
(((You)))
>>
>>59313769
What kind of dumbass buys pre-popped corn?
>>
>>59313742
Depends on the setup
If you had an external 4 way raid 0 connected by esata you could bottleneck it with sequential read/write
Under normal circumstances it might limit cache access speeds slightly which you wouldn't notice
>>
>>59313719

holy fucking CHRIST anon thanks you beautiful bastard

i took a little ac thing from my yamaha keyboard (same size) so i plugged it into the switch and it works (for now, knock on wood)

thanks
>>
>>59313654
Will they send me r8s via mail?
>>
>>59313801
check the voltage/amp rating on both, even with the same connector it might not be the same and it could burn one of the other out eventually
>>
>>59313817
i still need a new switch eventually, i plan on picking one up tomorrow. i just needed a decent solution for tonight

not sure if this is any useful info but the old connector weighed a ton (it would sag on the wall socket a little bit so i used a power bar thing) but the one from the keyboard i mentioned earlier is much lighter. not sure if that'll make any kind of difference but like i said this is just one of those emergency situations where you just need it to work for like 2 hours or something
>>
>>59313801
>>59313817
Voltage should be the same. Current/amps can be more and it shouldn't cause a problem.
>>
Why not start every document with a <p> tag and make <br><br> = </p><p>.

Text would be much better formatted throughout the web.
>>
what jailbreak should I use for an iphone 5s on 9.1?
>>
Intel H110 & B150 shows no RAID support. Is this just hardware RAID? Because I'm going software RAID.
>>
>>59313914
Yes, no BIOS based RAID.

Pure software based still works fine.
>>
Hey /g/
So I'm on my phone and I keep getting this voice that says
"If I could take 30 seconds of your time to answer a question about what you like in porn..." it goes on but I can't remember what she says, but it happens once an hour and I can't figure out where it's at. I can't find it. I assume it's a browser I installed so I uninstalled it. So now I'm waiting. Has this happened to any one else?
>>
Also, has any one used "Amino"? it seems to be an app only community. I wanted to see what you guys thought of it.
>>
How do I make a macro to switch my tower over to the following:
Switch Monitor to HDMI only
Switch Audio to optical
open launchbox as bigbox
Open Plex Home media centre?
I tried to make a manual macro with Win+P, my copy pasted audio switching macro and win+R but it was clunky as shit. I just want something I double click or have a command for.
>>
>>59314080
>Amino
>all mobile posters
>"like minded individuals"
Sounds like fucking hell.
I tried Canvas and it made me suicidal.
Just get clover, you are here for life anyway
>>
>>59314150
I didn't find it for 4chan, I found it for my Switch. I typed in Nintendo Switch on the play store to see if Nintendo had released the app they were talking about, and it popped up. I searched communities and did see 4chan but it didn't look that great. Honestly, the app is useless. People will follow you but not do anything on it. It feels like a glorified over thought twitter.
>>
3question
This android update from the other day, it completely wiped my autocorrect and suggested words dictionary. Can I get that back at all?
Is there any way to revert the ui to what it was before?
When my phone has an update, it gives me the option to do it overnight or at a specific time (in which I always choose a time when I am asleep). Neither of them do anything though. It updates a little bit after I turn it on, which has the potential to mess things up (I was in the middle of a phone call when it happened once). Do I have to leave my phone on for it to update at night? I hate leaving it on.
>>
How much does rotation speed matter when it comes to HDDs?
>>
Can I have wifi and an ethernet connection at the same time?
>>
>>59314218
Enough for 7200 to be worth it. Google it for exact numbers.
>>
>>59314230
In raid as well?
>>
>>59314235
In RAID it won't matter at all, and since 5400 drives will be cheaper you should go for them.
>>
What's the best high resolution 5:4 monitor I can buy?
What's the best high resolution 16:10 monitor I can buy?
Read high resolution as at least something similar to FHD.
>>
>>59307301
I'm superficially worried about privacy and would like to get out of Windows for good. I've tried Mint in like August last year and it was okay I guess. I can't give up games like New Vegas, and programs like Exact Audio Copy.

My actual questions
>Good distros for retards
Is mint or ubuntu kind of it?

>Is there an easy guide for people like me who want to be spoonfed how to do everything for setting up things like WINE or windows programs?
>>
>>59308350
It's called warping (or shifting) and
>>59308596
use modulo operator.
>>
File: 240test.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
240test.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I'm trying to find how to make 240hz gameplay footage as CPU-efficiently as possible. Here is a 240hz webm which might be interesting to anyone with 120+hz monitors. If you have a 60hz monitor drag your cursor along the timeline and you'll see there's more frames than your usual webm.

I used Cheat Engine to edit OBS's NVENC recording framerate to be 240 instead of 60, and it works. It uses 4x as much CPU however.

Shadowplay has a framerate limit of 60. Shadowplay uses a tenth as much CPU as OBS so I want to try the same edit with Shadowplay. I am not good with memory editors and I can't replicate this framerate edit in Shadowplay. Anyone who is familiar with memory editors able to help?
>>
>>59314276
Just dualboot.
Wine is shit.
you dont need to worry about privacy in a partition you just use to play games and rip cds/
>>
can somebody help me find the stream url of this?
https://123movies.is/film/logan-19736/
youtube-dl can't do it and inspecting the network doesn't work either
>>
What happened to clover app?
>>
How's this for a (software) raid5 headless NAS build where I'll only go so far as to stream stuff over sshfs?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZsHCKZ

Boot drive will be a Toshiba THNSNH128G8NT I already have together with a U-NAS NSC-400 case.

I looked at motherboards with integrated CPUs (most were shitty AMD APUs and/or only had key E M.2 slots), but this was the cheapest I could go.

I've also thought about waiting to see what else pops up in the near future. I don't need this build right now.
>>
>>59314366
it's on f-droid
>>
>>59314383
looks fine to me
>>
File: shadowplay.png (70KB, 1424x595px) Image search: [Google]
shadowplay.png
70KB, 1424x595px
>>59314313
I made some progress guys, but I'm stumped again.

In the registry, settings for Shadowplay are stored. Many things like clip duration or screen size can be easily changed.

'RecordingFPS' is the value I want to change to 240. The problem is I don't understand how its hex value relates to its decimal value.

If I change the framerate setting to 30 in the Shadowplay interface, the registry value is changed to '70 42', which converted to decimal is '28738'. If I change it to 60, the registry value is 'f0 41' or '61505'.

What do you reckon I change it to in order to change the framerate to 240?
>>
>>59314480
Whoops, I got it backwards. 30 FPS results in 'f0 41'' and 60 FPS results in '70 42'
>>
>>59314496
it's a 32bit float

to get 240 you want 00007043
>>
File: 1469311219199.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1469311219199.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Want to make a home server that records shows (using OBS+Browser) and shares them online (Flex maybe?).
6TB is about the capacity I'd like
Files shared go from 6-10GB each

Thinking of using Pis but not sure about how to go about it, another option is using Synology products though they're a tad expensive and I'm not sure how I'd record with their OS
Is it even possible with a budget of ~$300?
Do I have to use the more expensive NAS hard drives?
>>
File: 89050242.png (349KB, 485x554px) Image search: [Google]
89050242.png
349KB, 485x554px
>Without learning to program
I need a script that will open every file in a folder , do simple regex to edit the text and save it.

Is there a website that will generate something like that for me?
>>
>>59314496
>>59314554
(ps. you can't shorten that to "7043" like you did before, this is not a decimal number, the "0000" at the beginning is significant)
>>
File: AMD-Ryzen-CPU-Pins-645x462.jpg (45KB, 645x462px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-Ryzen-CPU-Pins-645x462.jpg
45KB, 645x462px
How am I supposed to get the thermal paste on all those pins without bending one?
>>
Need to upgrade my T530 Chinkpad with an SSD and I have a few questions. Will probably get a 128GB one for windows and other applications and keep the HDD for storage.

Will I be able to keep both the SSD and the HDD on the laptop?

If I want to keep the HDD (that came with the laptop) external, how should I go about it?

What brands of SSD are best for the the buck and which brands should I really avoid?

Also, Rei a shit.
>>
>>59314574
Alas, Shadowplay doesn't seem to care, it defaults to 60fps when you actually save the recording.

Well, it was worth a shot
>>
>>59314587
put it on your tongue then lick the pins gently
>>
>>59314594
if it normally limits to 60, then it probably sanity-checks the registry value to ensure it's not over 60
>>
>>59314591
Kingdian SSD.
You can replace the optical drive with a HDD.
If not, search hard drive enclosure on any shopping site.
>>
>>59314594
right click the registry key and read-only permission it
>>
>>59314612
if the program is overwriting it then it has also already refused to use it, so while making it read only will make it see 240 every time it's opened, it won't actually fix anything
>>
How trustworthy are these ebay microfibre clothes for glasses and screens?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-10-50-Microfiber-Cleaning-Cloth-For-Phone-Screen-Camera-Lens-Glasses-/252320873503?var=&hash=item3abf7efc1f:m:m7QrKEXSiTktDs3rEY3Mupw
>>
>>59314638
>>59314612
oh, i suppose it's not impossible it does the sanity check, overwrites it, then reads it again after
but that's so stupid i'd be amazed if a program actually did that
that'd be the only way this would make a difference
>>
>>59314644
>Trustworthy cloth
They're fine. It's not like the chinks are going to put metal filings in them.
>>
>>59314658
Well I meant more like are they going to fall apart after one use/are they just going to hoard dirt and start smudging everything.

I wouldn't put it past the chinks to use shitty fibres that have hard chunks in them either.
>>
>>59314663
They're fine, m8.
>>
>>59314394
Is it worth waiting for Coffee Lake or something though?
>>
>>59314720
i don't follow intel release cycles

if it's due soon and you can wait, then perhaps
if it's not notably more cost effective then it might not be worth waiting for, that's up to you to decide
>>
File: dreamscope hambubger.jpg (37KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
dreamscope hambubger.jpg
37KB, 500x364px
>>59307301
Where is the best place to buy a used laptop?

I don't need anything too fancy just to watch Hd movies on. Thanks
>>
How do I install G++ 7 (for arm) on a raspberry pi to get full C++17 support?
>>
>>59314600
>Kingdian

After a brief search, everyone seems to shit on that brand. The price looks attractive, but do you have actual experience with it?
>>
>>59314773
/csg/ sucks their dick. I'm posting from one now.
About 6 months old and no problems yet.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
102KB, 1000x1000px
Is this really the cheapest place to get a Kindle 3/keyboard battery?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOR-AMAZON-KINDLE-3-BRAND-NEW-OEM-BATTERY-3G-WIFI-KEYBOARD-III-WHITE-/122282773959?hash=item1c789f0dc7:g:u40AAOSw6DtYXjZQ

It is more expensive than a bigger battery for the newer kindles. At least it claims to be OEM.
>>
>>59313256
Your guess is correct.
>>
>>59307301
I'm 90% sure that my hard drive's PCB is fried (no spin up, not recognized, no sound at all). The internet seems to be against swapping out the PCB unless I can solder in the original ROM chip (which I don't think I can, I have no solder experience, and it could be fried anyway right? so what's the point in that?)

Is google being too cautious with its aggregate advice, or is it really a bad idea?

Are there other ways I could get data off of it?
>>
>>59314879
Maybe the FBI would be willing to help.

A codeword which agents use to order a data recovery is "cheese pizza". Just say you need to recover some of that and they'll help you.

Don't worry, no need to sign any papers or anything, it's strictly routine for them.

Good luck!
>>
>>59314779
/csg/ sucks chink dick, but I'll give it consideration anyway.
>>
Good book for learning Python without any prior coding experience?
>>
>>59315351
The Internet, by Everyone
>>
Which Ipod Touch gen supports FLAC?
>>
> http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EP35-DS3-rev-21#sp
> 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory

Would 8GB = 2 x 4GB or even a single 8 GB module work here, or am I supposed to shove nothing bigger than 2GB in each slot?
>>
>>59315679
iTunes itself does not support FLAC.
>>
>>59315733

So none of them do? That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>59315754
Why? Apple doesn't give a shit about your open standards
>>
My brother handed me his SSD the other day because he had no spare cables, but the computer dudes he got to build his computer installed their bloat shit
How do I install Windows 7 or something on it, since it's already been used by another computer admin account?
>>
>>59315783
Format, download iso, mount to usb, install on the computer it's going to be used on.
>>
>>59315783
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
>>59315754
You can convert back and forth between lossless formats
>>
>>59315679
There are some 3rd party FLAC players
http://hammockdistrict.com/flacplayer
http://www.head-fi.org/t/518504/flac-player-for-iphone-ipod-touch-and-ipad
>>
>>59315792
would it be a similar process if I have the 7 on disc?
>>
File: 1488784024859.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488784024859.gif
800KB, 500x500px
Would it be stupid to get an msata disk and have windows on that, whilst still having Linux on the main drive? So that I can have both OSs on the same laptop?
>>
>>59315891
Depends on how new the computer is. Also you want to make sure the copy is legit
>>
is it worth to install windows 95 in todays day and age?
>>
Any text to speech software that can export the speech to a audio file?
>>
>>59315939
No
>Insert reply from OP
Still No.
>>
If I use dd to write an iso to a usb, does it make a difference if I put a partition on the usb first? like in gparted I can have the whole thing totally unallocated, should I do that or give it a fat32 primary partition first?

also I'm not sure I understand the concept of partition tables. msdos vs gpt vs whatever other options gparted gives
>>
>>59316081
Yes. Pretty much all of them
>>
>>59316278
Thanks
>>
I want to make a webapp.
I want to use a compiled language.
C++, go, rust. Maybe even java or c#.
Not ruby, javascript or python.

What language and framework do you recommend?
>>
I see all these templates for curriculum vitae.
Are they good, or should I try to make my own?
And if yes, how do I do it?
>>
>>59316423
>I want to make a webapp.
No you dont
>What language and framework do you recommend?
None, but ASP.NET is supposedly "decent"
>>
>>59314392
Why is it not on google store?
>>
>>59316656
because porn
>>
>>59316686
Lel
Thanks. Cant find f droid on the market tho
>>
Boss expecting me to create a REST API in Django...

I have no previous experience in django, or the rest framework...

Anybody recommend any good guides or anyting?
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.