[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RYZEN W10 BUG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

>A newly discovered bug in Windows 10’s scheduler has been found to be negatively affecting performance of AMD Ryzen CPUs. The bug has been confirmed to affect all Windows 10 versions but not Windows 7. It’s not clear yet if Windows 8.1 is affected

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-performance-negatively-affected-windows-10-scheduler-bug/
>>
>>59306297
Wasn't this known already? Didn't schedule SMT properly and kept whipping threads across CCXs thus increasing L3 cache latency?

Or is this something new
>>
>>59306297
Everyone already knew this.
>>
even windows 7 keeps making memory leaks with svchost

the whole botnet industry is putting me off getting a new pc
>>
>>59306332
Just run Windows in a VM when you want muh gaymes. Ryzen has full IOMMU support. Maybe even coreboot down the line.
>>
>>59306297
>>59306323
Yeah and misreading cache number I forgot that.
>>
>>59306355
how to do that?

isn't all linux botnet too since a year or two ago?

whats a decent OS that can run vm efficiently?

i wanna go back to the times of dos/win95 when you could control the running apps without leaking memory and network bandwidth left right and centre
>>
>>59306355
Aren't all motherboards only compatible with windows 7 onwards now?
>>
>>59306406
Just don't use SystemMD

>>59306419
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>59306427
last i heard it was called SystemD

how do i know what linux distros dont contains systemd/systemmd/whatever other botnet incorporated

why is the internet so shit nowadays

everything is a pedo psyop there's nothing funny/cool/awesome like what there used to be back in the day

who convinced the nsa cia fbi to be so degenerate
>>
>>59306524
Used 9/11 as an excuse to begin intrusive surveillance while companies jumped on it as ad revenues stalled out when consumers got more savvy and less convinced by them along with the rise in adblock. Microsoft collects your information and sells it to marketing firms, that's how they recouped the cost of making Windows 10 free. It's probably makes more money than selling the license ever did.
>>
>>59306427
Linux noob here. What is systemD and how is it related to botnets?
>>
>>59306574
theres less market choice than there ever was

everything is a monopoly with every industry offering less than mediocre products

why did they wreck shit like this

where did the capitalism go

was the goal to make us live in misery with shitty products in isolated communities where nobody has fun anymore
>>
>>59306639
This is what happens when liberals make regulations that make competition impossible and encourage monopolies. You can't start a business in this country anymore and get big without it being some fucking meme unicorn that silicon valley pumps up.
>>
>>59306668
a lot of dungeonmasters' resources were used to send the children to have sex with these liberals

who paid for the traffickers to please the liberals?

what is their endgame other than to spread suffering?
>>
>>59306355
>>59306406

Ryzen can't do PCI/GPU passthrough because its IOMMU groups are fucked. An update may fix it but as of now, if you're planning to do this, look somewhere else.
>>
>>59306872
I've saw a tweet by wendell yesterday where he showed they weren't grouped, must be a different motherboard.
>>
Gee, I wonder (((who))) could be behind this """bug"""
>>
This was like day 1 news dipshit
>>
why the fuck did bill gates build a platform for games if he was just going to shit on the entire industry a decade down the line
>>
>>59307091
Gates left CEO in 2000, went part time in 2006, and retired in 2014

This ain't Gates desu
>>
>>59307183
so who is it then?

who benefits from having a society of miserable people now being forced to integrate with muslims who have been brought up to rape children if they want to be like their role model
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-08_18-12-44.png (467KB, 1296x372px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-08_18-12-44.png
467KB, 1296x372px
The L3 cache on Ryzen has a shit latency!

AMD's Ryzen Cache Analyzed - Improvements; Improveable; CCX Compromises

https://www.techpowerup.com/231268/amds-ryzen-cache-analyzed-improvements-improveable-ccx-compromises
>>
>>59307196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
>>
>>59307224
Between CCXs yeah
>>
It's no wonder when everyone has been optimizing for intel cpu's for almost 10 years now.
>>
>>59306604
>What is systemD
It's an init system written specifically for Linux. It's the first piece of software ran by the kernel after it has finished bootstrapping. An init system is also called "PID 1" (1st process) and is the father of all other processes in the system.

>how is it related to botnets
le ebin maymay :^)
Seriously though, systemd has been considered botnet because it violates the Unix philosophy (one tool performing one task, but performing it well). Indeed, systemd not only inits your system, it also manages logins, sessions, timers (which crond used to do), logging (in binary format, but can be redirected to syslog), Networking (systemd-networkd), NTP (systemd-timesyncd), ...
It is by no means malicious, but is one invasive do-it-all tool, becoming more and more complex and "shady" over time. Hence the "botnet".
>>
>>59307634
>It's the first piece of software ran by the kernel after it has finished bootstrapping.
You are full of shit and you should not speak about things you know nothing of.
The scheduler must come first.
>>
>>59307224
zen+ when?
HBM? pcie4? sata4?
>>
>>59307821
>Retard: The Post
>>
>>59307875
Q1 2018, called Pinnacle Ridge, google it.

Maybe. Standard not finalized yet, no. Not a standard at all, no.
>>
> YOU JUST WAIT
> MOAR CORES
don't those shills run loonix supposedly?
>>
>>59307933
thnx anon
>>
>>59307821
>The scheduler must come first.
That was implied by "finished bootstrapping".
The person I was responding to is a "Linux nub", I simplified a bit. Let's say that systemd/init is the first process spawned by the kernel, and not the first piece of software used by it.

>>59307929
He/She has a point though.
>>
>>59307933
Wccftech will report on anything
http://web.archive.org/web/20150413165626/http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/
>>
>>59308031
wccftech just reposted it, the source came elsewhere.
Also Zen+ being released a year after Zen seems pretty logical.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1299x2587px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1299x2587px
>>59308064
paint me surprised
>>
Well we already knew about it but it's interesting finally having it confirmed
>>
>>59308064
Wccftech took it from a German site who's source was le anonymous. That shit article I just linked came from another fucker too, again from anonymous sources.

You need another example?
http://wccftech.com/amds-future-gpu-architecture-code-leaked-faraway-islands-features-20nm-coming-year/
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.