[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No more Classic Theme Restorer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: classicthemerestorer.png (67KB, 749x319px) Image search: [Google]
classicthemerestorer.png
67KB, 749x319px
It's official. Firecucks refused to add support to the APIs necessary to make Classic Theme Restorer work in future releases.

It will stop working forever after the upcoming migration to webextensions™.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/classicthemerestorer/
>>
>>59302927
That's why I switched to SeaMonkey awhile ago.
>>
Just use the dev edition theme.
>>
>>59302927
You people should bitch about making the existing theme more compact and adding features like auto hiding the whole top bar imho.
>>
what's wrong with the current theme? i can't see anything i would change
>>
>>59303076
Main reason I use it is because the menu bar looks terrible with Tree Style Tabs (dark background that isn't consistent with rest of UI).
>>
AHAHAHAHA LOL BRO FIREFOZX IS OPEN SORES JUST MODIFY THE SOURCE CODE LOL
>>
>>59303076
>most used resolution world wide (>30% for web browsers) is 1366x768
>the top bar takes 70px vertically on windows
>on linux its more because it relies on the WM to draw title bar and window buttons
>you only use the top bar when you have to click it, if you know the shortcuts you probably don't use it daily
>literally 9,11% space is wasted on title bar most of the time for most people
>the second most used screen size is 1080p, this is means 6,48% screen size wasted

really i am not that butt hurt about it but this is stupid, full screen mode helps but you cant put it on half of the screen
>>
Firefox is long gone my friends

Chrome is a botnet

We have no real browsers anymore

>inb4 vivaldi

t. opera user aka chropera
>>
There isn't really a good browser anymore; come November I'm just going to have to pick the best of a bad lot. If I have to learn a new UI I don't want I might as well do it with a new browser. I think FF devs are in the place Microsoft was with IE years ago, they're taking for granted the markets share they have and can't imagine it ever crashing down.
>>
Pale Moon doesn't have this problem.

No, it's not really an acceptable substitute right now; but hopefully it attracts developers and support as Firefox slowly goes fuller and fuller retard.
>>
>>59303639
Firefox has been losing marketshare since 2010. If Mozilla hasn't realized they need to turn things around by now, it's hard to believe they ever will.
>>
What the hell am I supposed to do? I switched to Waterfox because firefox was such a slow piece of shit on my machine. Chrome is a botnet, Opera is outdated, Pale meme / other firefox variants will have the same issue..

Is Vivaldi a decent choice?
>>
>>59303719
I don't like the direction Firefox is taking but I wish people would stop pretending the marketshare loss is due to some problem with FF and not Chrome coming preinstalled on every piece of hardware.
>>
>>59303654
Guess it's time to try out pale meme.
>>
>>59303601
Opera is amazingly good the last time I tested it.
Shame I still need the tree tabs from firefox
>>
>>59303761
How come is opera outdated?
>>
>>59303761
Iridium is pretty nice
>>
>>59303787
>the marketshare loss is due to some problem with FF
It is, Firefox made a series of bad decisions that fucked over the power users.
>>
Make your own extension then, or fork the project and keep the old API

I work as a software developer, and we want to move on to better things, we know how to improve the software, you don't, so stop shitting all over our work because of your autism
>>
>>59303873(you)
>>
>>59303787
Firefox literally made it big when Internet Explorer had 90% marketshare. And you claim preinstalls are killing Firefox? They aren't nearly as competitive as they used to be.
>>
>>59303873
>Removing features
>Progress
Not all change is progress, libtard.
>>
>>59303435
Just download a flat white theme and Tree Style Tabs automatically match it
>>
>>59303719
The only reason for why Firefox lost market share is because normies made the switch to Chrome because it's "faster", and the websites that normies use 99% of the time they're on the internet, Google and Youtube, are plastered with ads from Google that say "This website works better with Chrome". Like seriously, you get like three separate ads for Chrome if you use Youtube without an adblocker on a browser that's not Chrome.
>>
>>59302927
Good, now you autists will eventually realise it's time to stop screeching about it :^)
>>
>>59302927
Furry Moon here I come.
>>
If this dies browsers will be dead for me.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/squared-australis-tabs/
>>
>>59302927
I will switch to other Firefox fork which will support this extension.
>>
>>59303787
Wrong.

It doesn't matter what comes preinstalled, people use what their "computer guy" tells them to use.

Mozilla fucked so many power users that they just tell people to use Chrome.
>>
Switch to surf you homos
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
I'll just hope that Waterfox keeps XUL support for current extensions.
If it doesn't, then I guess I'll switch to EDGE because Chromium's font rendering gives me cancer.
>>
opera a shit as long as i cant set arbitrary search engine as default
>>
>>59303787
Why use FF when it's just a bad Chrome clone now?
>>
>>59302927
How do I migrate to ESR from Stable in Ubuntu?
What do I do when ESR is updated to a new major release?
>>
>>59305343
You can for at least a year now...
>>
>>59303435
Well you're in luck. TST will probably stop working when Classic Theme Restorer stops working, so problem solved.
>>
File: 51CdEaFC4UL._SX342_.jpg (29KB, 342x293px) Image search: [Google]
51CdEaFC4UL._SX342_.jpg
29KB, 342x293px
>>59303601
>Chrome is a botnet
>>
Wait let me get this straight I won't be able to modify how firefox looks anymore or will I just have to switch to firefox fork?
>>
>>59305828
why'd you post a picture of aluminium foil?
>>
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328244

How cute!

First we have a guy who actually believes that Firefox will beat Chrome. An inferior almost Chrome clone will never win.

And then, the last 2 comments we have Mozilla in action again. Censoring supporters of customization and censoring a comment which is nothing but true.

So typical. Cunts :D
>>
>>59305845
Why the fuck are they doing this? What in the fuck is happening to firefox????
>>
>>59305844
what is a tinfoil hat?
>>
>>59305845
Only comments which worshipping the Google Chrome way for minimalist cunt users are allowed to stay unaltered. Mozilla guys should be beaten, humiliated and removed from existence.
>>
>>59305858
tin foil hasn't been used since WWII
>>
>>59305854
Isn't that obvious? Me and countless of others have preached that since years and everyone have seen us as some laughing stick.

Mozilla kills customization because they want to be like Chrome. They want Chrome users to use Firefox to beat Chrome.

That is all what is going on. It is a sell-out like Opera did it too.
>>
The argument they are making is that they are unable to speed up the browser while supporting xul extensions. For instance it took forever to get multiprocess up and running because of this.
>>
>>59305897
> preached that since years and everyone have seen us as some laughing stick.

Not really when they banned the guy i forgot his name the CEO i knew shit was going down hill then
>>
>>59302956
SeaMonkey still uses gecko and it's a Mozilla project so you're still helping SJWzilla.
>>
What is the alternative?? Waterfox? Does waterfox keep plugins up to date last time I USED it they didnt
>>
>>59305875
I'm honestly not even sure if you're serious or not, but tinfoil is still being used in this day and age. Just so you know.
>>
>>59305933
Perhaps you. But most Firefox supporters have been laughing and said that would never happen.

Even a big number of Firefox users today is still laughing.

I mean it started to become obvious as soon as Mozilla started the fight with Google Chrome (rapid releases and afterwards).

These developers are no humans. Because humans have a soul and dignity, humans have honor - Mozilla today are sickening insects which should be stomped to death!
>>
There's a solution
>Vivaldi
>>
>>59306388
A better solution is remove Mozilla guys from Mozilla and kick their butts and take over development, bring back customization, bring back Brendan Eich and send Mozilla guys to some Islamist scum :D
>>
>>59302927
Can it make firefox look like it did during its 1.x days?
>>
>>59303572
Just use dev theme, then.
Doesn't take over anything
>>
>>59305957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil
>tin foil was superseded after World War II by cheaper and more durable aluminium foil
>>
>>59302927
ripip
>>
>>59307305
that's really cool and all, but it's still common practice to call it tin foil, despite not being made of tin
>>
File: 1419145899857.jpg (26KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1419145899857.jpg
26KB, 360x270px
>>59303654
I like Pale Moon.
Only complaint is losing my tabs if I close the browser through [X] instead of File menu. Easily fixable by renaming sessionstore.bak

Oh and Youtube refuses to let me choose 1080p because I'm on an "outdated browser". Considering I have yet to ever watch a single Youtube ad since discovering the site in 06-07, I'd call it a fair trade off.
>>
>>59305939
>>59302956
Alternatives?
>>
>>59305939
>caring about sjw's in stead of technology and performance
get out of here kid >>>/pol/
>>
>>59303816
>tree tabs from firefox
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>59310524
Use youtube-dl. It's a command-line youtube downloader (also works on most other video streaming sites.) I haven't had to watch a youtube video in-browser in ages, which is great, because browsers suck for video playback. If you use the options "-f best" or the equivalent config file options, you'll be able to start watching the video before it's done downloading.
>>
Firefox continues to shoot itself in the foot and head but making itself more Chrome-like without realizing that Chrome already exists.
>>
>>59305842
Both.
>>
>>59310386
>what is aluminum foil
>>
File: 20170110_122652.jpg (636KB, 857x1451px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_122652.jpg
636KB, 857x1451px
>>59310386

> common practice to call it tin foil

Grandpa? Is that you?
>>
>>59311147
you can also use mpv, which has integrated youtube-dl support, allowing direct and simple access to any youtube quality option, including the split 720p60+ modes
there are ways to launch it from your browser, too, such as
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/watch-with-mpv/
(not sure if it works in pale moon)
also
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/open-with/
if that doesn't
>>
>>59311370
i'm only 27

it's inconvinient to call it "aluminium foil", i've heard some people say "al foil", but i'm not used to that
>>
>>59311397

>it's inconvinient to call it "aluminium foil", i've heard some people say "al foil", but i'm not used to that

Then just say foil? My dad ironically says tin foil to trigger me.....

I'm just going to stop typing because I realize I have some serious daddy issues, and am currently in therapy for that as well as other issues. Not even trolling.

/blog
>>
>>59305845
You can already add custom UI elements with the toolbar and sidebar apis.
In theory you could implement your own url bar, menus in tabs.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1332447
Hiding existing UI is not yet possible but there's a bug open for it.
>>
>>59312335
menus and tabs*
>>
>>59305939
Who gives a fuck
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.