[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to into self-employment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 3453456.jpg (41KB, 500x617px) Image search: [Google]
3453456.jpg
41KB, 500x617px
Former autist in a shit town with zero professional experience. I have a BSc.math and fell for the FP meme hard.

Without finding a real job (>zero experience), how do I feed myself?
>>
File: mathphd.jpg (40KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
mathphd.jpg
40KB, 640x427px
>>59301487

>be me
>graduate from public university with bachelor in math
>300k starting
>any job i want

feels good man
>>
>be me
>graduate from public university with bachelor in math
>0k starting
>where to find jobs?

feels weirdly not bad man

I want more now.
>>
>>59301487
Find some rich old lady with a nasty twat that nobody else will get near, and mow that shit down like some starving african who finds a rotten hyena carcass. She'll buy you anything you want as long as you keep scarfing that hairy old seafood snack. You could get a motorcycle.
>>
>>59301487
boipussy on webcam
>>
File: 1440777442994.jpg (912KB, 950x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1440777442994.jpg
912KB, 950x1307px
>>59301630
>>59301570
I guess I've found my calling.
>>
>>59301502
I call bullshit
>>
>>59301487
self employment is very fucking difficult. 20% is actually doing the job youre getting paid to do, 50% is talking to people and being really uncomfortable trying to get money out of them, and the left over bits are managing a business and the expenses that come with it.

Life is so much easier now I am a normal wage slave and I let my bosses deal with that other shit
>>
>>59301993
How to into wage slave then?

Zero experience but reasonably competent.
>>
>>59302025
what can you actually do?
>>
>>59302069
Point taken. I'm trying to figure out how to be useful to the world, in exchange for money.

I have a solid and broad foundation of math skills; currently digging into computational algebraic topology. I have the basic *nix ecosystem and tooling skills required to code. I've got a good hold on algorithms and data structures, both imperative and FP. Basically I have all the foundational skills needed to become a productive programmer (ideally in a mathy problem domain), but I don't actually know what to do with it.
>>
>>59302371

not the guy you responded to but let me give you some hints here.

You have a degree in math. Which should give you auto employment. Since you call yourself autistic and you also said that you live in some shit town i assume your environment is heavily effecting your mental health and since its a small shit town there wont be any jobs for math degree holders.

I assume you know how to use the internet right?! What do you have to lose my dude. A math degree is something to be proud of and you can be confident. Since you want to get into programming prep up dat GitHub Account with some nice projects that showcase what you can actually do. Get that LinkedIn Profile going and make some connections - find out what junior, entry level positions are good for you.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?! Do you really believe that you are the type of person who can be self-employed. Which means you actually have to be a really good salesperson. Not sure if a self described autist can do that. Maybe start off with wageslavery first and then see what you can do after.

Look nationwide for opportunities. Go to job fairs, e-mail recruiters, use all available platforms. Make a case for yourself. I am sure you are capable and know what you are doing -- what stands inbetween you and any potential employment is the failure to communicate and display what you can do.

Nobody can look inside your head. If you don't alert people about your existence and inform them in a precise manner about what you can do how should they ever consider hiring you?!
>>
>>59301878
Nigga how new are you
>>
>>59302456
Screenshoted. Making life plans now.
>>
>>59301487
Go to grad school.
>>
File: sketch-1488985151852.png (1MB, 1080x1311px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1488985151852.png
1MB, 1080x1311px
>>59301487
Fixed
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.