[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MBPg/ - MacBook Pro general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

A place to discuss all things related to the MacBook Pro. Share desk stations, stickers, advice, software, or ask for help.

Other MacBook laptops are also welcome in /MBPg/ (e.g. MacBook, MacBook Airs).
----
If you're looking for purchase advice, READ THE BUYERS GUIDE FIRST. Then post, stating budget and requirements (e.g. size and performance).

Recommended models:
13'' late 2013 - mid 2015 MacBook Pro
15'' late 2013 - mid 2015 MacBook Pro
----
Why MacBook Pro? (also applies to other MacBooks):
>Used machines, if patient, can be found for cheap
>Excellent keyboards - tactile feel and quiet.
>Great durability: chassis uses an aluminum unibody for unparalleled quality feel
>Iconic design: most distinguishable notebook
>Docking stations that easily turns your laptop into a desktop
>Best trackpad ever made on a notebook
>Excellent GNU/Linux & *BSD support. Native UNIX machine out of the box.
>Free presentation, word, spreadsheet, audio, video, PDF, music and TV utilities built in
----

Used MacBook buyers guide:
http://appletoolbox.com/2016/05/buying-used-macbook-tips/

Helpful links and resources:
http://help.apple.com/macOS/Sierra/new-to-mac/
http://help.apple.com/macbookpro/late-2016/
>>
File: 1467666861635.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1467666861635.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>59293183
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
https://9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?
>>
File: olzqn1ot3ady.jpg (208KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
olzqn1ot3ady.jpg
208KB, 3264x2448px
macster race checking in
>>
File: IMG_1519.jpg (2MB, 3024x3799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.jpg
2MB, 3024x3799px
>tfw comfy
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 775x500px
fite me and lose
>>
>>59293183
What's the best external monitor I can get that can match Retina-display quality?
>>
>>59293896
the trackpad is literally best on the market and has been seen that way by basically everyone. why are you clicking on the upper edge, it's like a lever, it tilts near the bottom, it's not "loose", that's fucking intentional, the whole thing is not meant to lower evenly, and that pressure sensitive thing is total shit too, it doesn't work that way at all. a light tap and a hard click do exactly the same thing, and you can even go as far as disabling the hard click if you'd rather just tap

nothing wrong with the keyboard. show me superior keyboards with the same portability, backlighting. i actually type faster on my mbp than my mechanical that i use on my desktop, the travel being short means you bottom out faster (and your brain gets the feedback that the click was completed faster) i really have no idea why people want massive travel in a keyboard

and the yoga is a piece of shit hardware wise, have you used one? it's like fisher price, creaky, shit.

my laptop never spins up its fans unless i play full screen video or something else heavy, 100% of my dev work it's a totally silent machine and manages heat really well.

you dont need to have retina scale, jesus are you whining about resolution options now what the shit is wrong with you

that said, it's not a perfect laptop and the new ones seem to be a step backwards so I'm not sure what I'll do after replacing this 2014 mbp.
>>
>>59295624
were you that fag that was spamming the spectre shill threads? did yours finally ship? how is it ;p
>>
>>59293896
>0/10 bait
>>
File: image.jpg (906KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
906KB, 2448x3264px
>>59295690
No I had mine before I saw any mention of it, only posted about it a few times mid-threads I'd like to think I was the inspiration of the shill threads
But I mean it's better than a MacBook Pro in most specs (CPU, screen and SSD, ports) and is comparable in build quality, for half the price of a macbook
Seems fair enough to shill
>>
File: tumblr_ogvpxgY0Ms1rmerh9o1_400.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogvpxgY0Ms1rmerh9o1_400.png
325KB, 382x417px
Anybody have any luck with linux?

https://github.com/Dunedan/mbp-2016-linux/blob/master/README.md
>>
File: 1472140258638.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472140258638.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>59293183
>>59295330
>>59295470
>>59295624
>>59295676
>>59295751
(you)
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 1000x847px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1000x847px
>>59295932
As an iPhone user I've seen this thumbnail hundreds of times but never knew what it was
>>
>>59295470
hows the trackpad on the 2016s? I tried it out in the apple stores and found my palms resting on it when I was typing which felt pretty shitty
>>
>>59293896
/thread
>>
>>59296938
I don't have any palm problems. My only gripe is that coming from a 2015 rMBP the 2016 one feels cheaper in comparison. The click feels less firm and the space beneath the pad is hollow sounding so there's a hollow sound when your nail hits it. It functions exactly the same but if you compare the two side by side the new one feels not as great. Still the best trackpad though.
>>
>>59295470
anon, are the windows in the touchbar the different tabs in safari? that's NEAT.
>>
>>59300995
You know what else is neat? Ctrl+Tab.
>>
>>59300995
Yeah. I never really use it but it is neat.
>>
>>59301010
pleb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.