[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get MacBook second-hand from 2008 >HDD was wiped, boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1488620342398.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1488620342398.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>get MacBook second-hand from 2008
>HDD was wiped, boots into Recovery
>Recovery requires an Apple ID to install Lion because the Recovery doesn't have the installation files
>Apple ID needs to have been used once with iTunes or another Mac first
>installation files require association of Lion with Apple ID
>can't do Internet Recovery (Mac too old)
>need to go to a fucking Apple store or have the previous owner provide me with installation media for Lion

Applel: it just werks(TM)
>>
>steal laptop with password
>reinstall Windows in 10 minutes
>>
Install another OS on it.
I doubt the owner has the installation media since Macbooks and prebuilt computers do not come with the media separate. If you really want MacOs you will have to pay for it.

Also >>>/g/sqt/
>>
Give it back Muhammad.
>>
Can't you just install iTunes in a VM and use that and then never use that VM again? I mean I know it's obviously a pain but it's not like it's some impermeable roadblock...
>>
tfw in exact same situation. Doesn't matter much cause I have lots of pc's but its irritating
>>
>>59288529
https://youtu.be/HF74FVA5tjo?t=281

kys
>>
>>59288205
Just download a Snow Leopard ISO and burn it or make a recovery USB with VMWare. Then sell it and buy a real laptop like a Thinkpad.
>>
>>Recovery requires an Apple ID to install Lion
>>Apple ID needs to have been used once with iTunes or another Mac first

Then go fucking make one, what's the problem? Alternativly you can give back that stolen laptop to whom'stever it belonged to, De'Linquent.
>>
>>59290156
>YouTube said: This video is not available.
You should follow your own advice and kill yourself first you fucking Macfag.
>>
>>59288205

Your problem is that your computer is nine years old. Any Mac sold since about 2013 doesn't require an AppleID to install macOS, because it went free at that point.

Also, I like how you consider it a bad thing that there's a physical place you can go to have an annoying computer problem solved for you by the manufacturer.
>>
Can you not install Linux?
>>
>>59288205
How hard is it to wipe the hard drive and install OS X El Capitan?
>>
>>59291856
That's not possible on an 2008 macbook.
Don't even know why OP would even buy that since they're absolute shit.
Macbook Pro mid 2009 is as far as you can go back in my opinion, and it's also the machine i'm posting from right now.
>>
>>59291950
https://support.apple.com/kb/sp728?locale=en_US

His MacBook should be able to run El Capitan. He has to wipe the entire hard drive including the recovery partition and then install El Capitan
>>
>>59291950
>>59292006
>t. mactoddler
>>
>>59292006
I installed ubuntu server on it and it's slower than a fucking raspi.
Let alone normal ubuntu versus a raspi with raspbian.
Hence my confusion about for what fucking purpose OP bought that shit.
>>
File: aiki.png (62KB, 297x325px) Image search: [Google]
aiki.png
62KB, 297x325px
>>59288205
>dont turn it on to check if its in proper order
>complain on /g/
>>
>>59288205
Thinly veiled Tyrone thread?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.