[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Networking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: milkcord.jpg (8KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
milkcord.jpg
8KB, 240x200px
poorfag here, looking to learn about IT networking. Can you guys point me in the right direction to get me started?
>>
>>59287154
Google is your best friend.
>>
>>59287154
Poorfag going into IT here too. Someone on here introduced me to libgen.io, a good source for finding PDFs of text books. So far so good. I'd suggest looking at the CompTIA site to nail down what certs/texts you should read to best set yourself forward.
>>
>>59287730
Shit, thanks man.
>>
>>59287874
No prob buddy, we'll all make it.
>>
>>59287154
if you want to play around with the cli of cisco and juniper, http://www.sharontools.com/online-lab/
>>
>>59288353
>http://www.sharontools.com/online-lab/
Thanks!
>>
>>59287154
www.reddit.com/r/networking
>>
There's a book online called cnp3 read it first (at least the first chapter, should get you up to speed on the basics).
Then there are some books which I can suggest for further study
>Hacker's Handbook (pub. Auerbach)
This one is about network security, I'd say it's pretty good
>TCP/IP Network Administration (pub. O'Reilly)
This one is more on the side of server administration: thouches http, smtp, ssh, and so on.
>TCP/IP Illustrated
This is THE book to read about TCP/IP, it gives the whole story, but it is all about infrastructure (how packets are formed, how they are managed at each layer, and a shitload of details you wouldn't have thought of otherwise). This is for the real TCP/IP technician.
>Beej's Guide
This is about using the TCP/IP suite from a C application
>Programming the Network with Perl
Covers a lot of subjects, and if you know Perl (even if you don't, I think it has a quick intro to the language) the language it uses is (albeit ugly) quick and simple.

You should also read man tcpdump(1).
>>
>>59289221
>>59290071
Thanks a lot, ill look into these
>>
packet tracer and a textbook to learn about cisco stuff. someone could have uploaded some of the .pka from netacad somewhere, if not play around with the book and see what you can learn
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.