[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHICH DISTRO IS THE SAFEST?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: wikileaks_malware_platforms.png (48KB, 1087x338px) Image search: [Google]
wikileaks_malware_platforms.png
48KB, 1087x338px
In light of the new Wikileaks compared to the old Snowden releases.. I think it's in its place to discuss the safest distro options.

I haven't had a distro for quite a while (needed to work with directx) but now I feel like I have to choice.

Is Mint a good choice, you think? Being that it's one of the most popular ones.
>>
running mint, is comfy

also running debian, coz of some hardware issues with a 4g modem on mint, other than that mint is great
>>
Hardened Gentoo, the only safe option
>>
windows 10 with adblock
>>
>>59282605
Only Stallman Approved G/N/U PLUS Linuxd istro's running on completely open hardware with openRISC architecture with the networking ripped out and replaced with freedom running libreboot without Xorg. If you want security go OpenBSD. There is no such thing as mostly free or partial slavery, your computer must be completely free! Viva GNU rey!
>>
>>59282605
>>59282652
>Mint
Yeah sure use a distro that holds back security patches because they're afraid of breaking their hacked-together distro, and let their own website get hacked to distribute malware-infected ISOs.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02/21/linux_mint_hacked_malwareinfected_isos_linked_from_official_site/
>>
>>59282768
Excuse me, they only hold back security patches because those security patches might break the distro. That makes them smart
>>
>>59282783
No, they'd be smart if they'd built a distro that can be kept patched without breaking. You know, like Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, and others all do.
>>
The only way to stay safe from American government?

1. Don't live in America
2. Don't buy American technology
3. Don't use American software
>>
>>59282721
Without Xorg, how will I do graphical stuff?
>>
>>59282860
Xorg is a security nightmare. Until wayland or mir manifest into reality at least. Don't do graphical stuff if you want a secure distro. Text only.
>>
>>59282851
You're not protected by the 4th as a non-citizen so the NSA can monitor you however they want.
>>
>>59282860
with wayland, clearly
>>
>>59282879
>implying the NSA, or any American president for more than a century, gives half a shit about the Constitution

They ignore petty legalities like human rights. If you want to keep them out you need to use technical means to enforce it. That's incredibly difficult if you're being specifically targeted, but it's not nearly so tough to throw a spanner in the works of passive dragnet surveillance.
>>
>>59282666
checked em satan
>>
File: activate.png (348KB, 374x512px) Image search: [Google]
activate.png
348KB, 374x512px
>>59282605
i dont believe that your disto is your biggest worry as long as its not ubuntu. what is however, a worry is your web browser, the sites you visit, and especially your ISP.
>>
Trisquel perhaps or that OS I forgot the name, which operates everything in sandbox mode.
>>
File: 11drgh.jpg (73KB, 750x398px) Image search: [Google]
11drgh.jpg
73KB, 750x398px
>>59282605
>install safe distro
>hardware is backdoored
>browser is easily exploitable
>IPS are required to allow NSA access
Do you see the problem here?
>>
>>59283352
At this point the only 'safe' systems are systems built and programmed before the invention of networking. So maybe Multics, Lisp machines, and anything made with FORTRAN in the 70's and earlier.
>>
>>59283197

Qubes
>>
>>59283352
Meant ISP, fug

>>59283390
Yup. That battle has been lost for a while and we're past the point of no return
>>
I run Temple OS inside of a Faraday cage and do all of my browsing through 3 iPads taped together.
>>
>>59282605
lo/g/os
>>
>>59283352
>>IPS are required to allow NSA access
This is only a problem for americans, r-right?
>>
>>59283580
Yes. I'm sure the european, asian, south american etc. agencies all behave completely ethical at all times

Trust me!
>>
>>59283580
And santa clause is real too.
>>
>>59283580
lol
good one
eurofags are even more fucked than americans in this regard
>>
>>59282605
qubes is the safest everything runs in it's own VM at the hardware level
>>
>TempleOS not on the list
CIA niggers permanently blown the fuck out
>>
>>59283680
>guy kills cia niggers
>they still don't think he's worth targeting
poor terry, no one is after him but he's convinced they are
>>
how about a usb booted tails? if someone knocks down the door just stomp on it
>>
>>59285684
>tails
2013 came and went, buddy
>>
File: 98437523.jpg (39KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
98437523.jpg
39KB, 600x568px
>>59282605
>considering switching permanently to templeOS so CIA niggers won't have shit on me
>>
>>59285704
you are right, better get the latest spywa-firmware
>>
>>59282878
>Until wayland or mir manifest into reality at least.
GNOME uses Wayland by default already.
>>
>>59282605
You're asking in the wrong place.
90% of /g/tards are clueless.
And refuse to be educated.
>>
>>59282851
Only Chinese.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.