[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 43

>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: >>59237666
>>
>>59277618
Will I get to touch these anime tiddies if I buy Beats by Dr.Dre?
>>
>>59277618
Who is this semen demon?
>>
Best neutral IEM's under $50 US?

Etymotic MC5, Carbo Tenore?
>>
What are some good Over-Ear Headphones I can get for around 60 USD?
>>
>>59277489
>Budget
Sub $50
>Location
USA
>Source
Galaxy J7
>Type of headphone
IEM or very portable on/over ear
(Main reason I was considering PortaPros to begin with)
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Don't need them to be too comfy, will be wearing them 4 hours max
>Sound signature
Bassy/Balanced/V-Shaped
>Past headphones
Chinklux 668B + SR950 Pads (Current) - Perfect
Chinklux 681- Comfortably bass light though bright enough to be fatiguing after a couple hours
Samson SR950 - too NigBass
JVC HAFX40 - Clean yet abundant bass, very fatiguing treble, mids too recessed
VE Monk+ - Very clean and detailed, lacked bass
>>
>>59277686
The template would help, but SHP9500's are a good place to start for open.
>>
File: ma900.jpg (430KB, 1543x2286px) Image search: [Google]
ma900.jpg
430KB, 1543x2286px
pic related

criminally underrated headphone
>>
File: sony_pfrv1.jpg (55KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
sony_pfrv1.jpg
55KB, 500x493px
>>59277644
Don't know, try purchasing them and report back.

>>59277650
Original character.

>>59277693
You may want to check out the meeaudio m6 pro

>>59277696
I've always wanted to try those headphones. More so I've been wanting to get my hands on Sony's pfr-v1 (pic related). They look like baby AKG K1000.
>>
Budget: 260-300 dollars
Source:Computer
Type of Headphone: Over Ear
Open or Closed: Open backed
Comfort Level: Very comfortable, can wear for long periods of time (4-6 hours at a time)
Sound Signature: Neutral or V shaped
Past Headphones: Chinkshit
>>
>>59277989
Also either need a mic to put on via either cable or modmic.
>>
>>59277989
>>59278028
There's several options at that price range.

The X2 are v-shaped and have a standard 3.5mm cable, if you decide to go the boompro-styled mic route.
>>
>>59277989
Fidelio X2 + Vmoda BoomPro

AKG K612 with E10K/Fulla 2 and ModMic

AKG K7XX + E10K and Samson Go Mic

There's probably better mic alternative's that I don't know of, maybe some desk chink stuff.
>>
>>59278095
So out of those, which would you say has the best comfort level at stock pads?
>>
>>59278125
Not the same guy, but X2 and K7XX have memory foam, while the K612 has standard foam.

The K7XX is the most comfortable as it's only ~250g, as opposed to X2's ~380g
>>
>>59278150
How hard do both of these models clamp?

Weights shouldn't be an issue for me but clamping is. I tried HD598s and they clamp insanely hard around my ear.
>>
>>59278198
AKG clamps a tad lighter than the X2, though both are still very tolerable, comfort-wise.
>>
File: VestAF.png (929KB, 1063x688px) Image search: [Google]
VestAF.png
929KB, 1063x688px
>Budget

700 with amp
>Location
Seattle, Washington
>Source
Currently 2i2, and a Yeti, but obviously i need an amp.
>Type of headphone
I've been eyeing planars, but i'm certainly open to suggestions.
>Open or closed
I'm open to suggestions here too, i think i'd prefer a closed back solution
>Comfort level
High AF. I need to wear these all damn day at my desk.
>Sound signature
I enjoy punchy bass, but REALLY want clarity after my past headphones
>Past headphones
V Moda Crossfade LP's. (Lots of fun bass, but it sounds like muddy trash to my ears)
Bose QC15's (Decent sound quality, but the noise cancellation gives me a headache, and i need more volume)
>>
>>59278150
How is the build quality also? I am also interested in how long these will last and how much abuse they can take.
>>
>>59278150
So for gaming, which would be better, the x2 or k7xx?
>>
>>59277618
>sample_e00da53c56f468f488(...).jpg
>sample

You would think /g/ of all places would respect the integrity of images, though clearly not.
>>
File: gov2plus_youtube_thumbnail.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gov2plus_youtube_thumbnail.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
rate this amp & brand

is it worth it?
>>
>>59278198
>Weights shouldn't be an issue for me but clamping is. I tried HD598s and they clamp insanely hard around my ear.

It's actually super loose after a few days of use.
>>
>>59277767

MA900 is basically a open CD900ST with some (fast) bass.
>>
>>59278527
Ew.

Just grab a schiit fulla 2.
>>
>>59278322
K7XX
>>
>>59278557
What is? The X2s?
>>
>>59278352
The original's file size goes over 4chan's limit, baka... Why manually resize when gelbooru already did it for me?

>>59278289
Both are built well. I've used my X2s for hundreds (possibly a bit over 1000) of hours ever since I bought them two years ago, and have had no issues regarding the build.

AKGs are also built more durable than they look. I have a K701 (made in austria) and K271 (made in china) that are both at least 5 years old and still holding up very well. I've even accidentally knocked the K271 off of my desk and onto a wood floor a couple of times, with no real damage, other than a scratch or two.

>>59278322
Both work rather well, though the K7XX is a tiny bit better, imo.
>>
>>59278689
So how well would this work, and would this work
Headphones: k7xx
Microphone: Vmoda Boompro
DAC: E10k
>>
I'm thinking about getting Philips SHP9500S but the cord isn't long enough. Do cord extensions make the audio quality suffer at all?
>>
>>59278909
No, not at all unless theyre garbage.
>>
>>59278826
BoomPro isn't compatible since the K7XX detatchable cable is terminated in miniXLR while the BoomPro is 3.5mm
>>
>>59278826
>Microphone: Vmoda Boompro
Not well. The K7XX has a mini-XLR terminal, so a boompro wouldn't work, you'd have to get a modmic, or something that doesn't run in-line like a boompro.

There is a mini-XLR ->3.5mm converter available, which connects directly to the K7XX, but I've never tried one, and they look like they'd jab you in the shoulder if, for any reason, you have to turn your head, especially with a boompro attached. This would also create additional stress.

>DAC: E10k
Though, the E10K as a dac/amp should work well with the K7XX (if you listen to very quiet and/or high dynamic music, I'd suggest getting something with a tad more power though).
>>
>>59278941
Would this on be decent?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151622995584
>>
>>59278976
which would be a relatively cheap better one? Can you point me to one?
>>
>Spent a month waiting for Audio-gd to make my NFB-11
worth it coming from a first gen schiit stack
>>
>>59279046
>relatively cheap better one
In terms of a microphone like the modmic? I wouldn't know, I personally use a mic attached to a boom arm mounted to my desk.

Though the modmic does sound quite nice for a mic that attaches onto the headphones, from hearing friends who use it, so I'd recommend a saving a little more cash for one.

Seems you can buy the modmic 4, without a mute button, from antlion's website for ~$43, which is only $13 more than the boompro.

https://antlionaudio.com/collections/modmic/products/modmic-4
>>
>>59279173
thank you, but i meant in terms of a DAC, a more powerful one with similar pricing to the e10k
>>
>>59279267
Maybe a Fulla 2 or if your onboard sounds decent, grab an O2.
>>
>>59279267
The E10K is probably the best you can get at that price point.

The Monoprice desktop amp (which includes a DAC) . I have never tried one myself, but I'm willing to guess that the sound quality is on-par with the E10K, but with more power (Monoprice = 900mW @ 32ohm compared to E10K = 200mW @ 32 ohm).

They can be had for around $70 on ebay, and around $100 elsewhere.

But as I've said previously, the E10K should provide enough power unless you regularly listen to tracks that are like 20dB lower than most of the music that's made today.
>>
>>59278562
>Just grab a schiit fulla 2.

but is it Class-A power all the way?
>>
AKG K7XX vs Sennheiser hd600s?

I'm still a budget oriented buyer and was looking to replace my Superlux 668b's, but it seems that the hd600s are only $50 more than the AKGs. Worth the extra cash? Wwyd?
>>
What the fuck is up with the innerfidelity measurements?

From the charts, my DT-880s are supposed to have much worse ear rape treble than my AKG K701s, yet the opposite is true. What the fuck is up with that?
>>
>Budget
>Location
Poland, <250 PLN (~50 USD). Price comparison site www.ceneo.pl
>Source
Moto G2 and an HP laptop.
>Type of headphone
IEMs
>Comfort level
I'm not planning on using them for more than 2 hours at a time, so while some would be great it's not a top priority.
>Sound signature
Reasonably neutral, with bass having less importance.
>Past headphones
Using AKG K701 at home which I absolutely adore.
Used Sony MDR-V6 in the past, but they were tad too harsh for my liking, and Bayerdynamic DT880 Pro which I overall didn't dislike but compared to AKG K701 I found their slightly v-shaped signature less pleasant.
>>
>>59279766
K7XX's are closer sounding to 668B's than HD 600's. 600's are more neutral or mildly n shaped. K7XX's are bassy with 2 fairly prominent treble peaks that some say are fairly bright. If you want some more bass and can handle the treble of 668B's, the AKG's are fine upgrade. If you want something closer to flat or more 'raw', HD 600's a nice taste to a different sound once you get used to it.
>>
Convince me why I shouldn't pull the trigger on Fidelio X2s
>>
>>59279764
>Class A
So basically just inefficient.
>amplifier classes
Something you do not have to pay attention to, ever.
>>
>>59279164
>worth it
Stop.
>Audio GD
I would really look elsewhere.
>>
>>59280031
What are you upgrading from? What are you looking for?
>>
>>59280120
MDR-V6s
But then I got HD598s and they were too uncomfortable so I went back to the MDR-V6s but they're broken now.
>>
>>59280151
You might like something closer to V6's like DT880's or AKG Q701's
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The SHP9500's have no bass
>>
>>59278909
They come with a 3m cord, how is that not long enough?
>>
>>59280288
Nigga please
>>
File: school shooting.jpg (88KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
school shooting.jpg
88KB, 960x639px
>>59280304
>buy Sony MDR-RNC10's for noise cancelling to use on the bus
>try them on for 2 hours
>man this is nigga bass
>turn bass down in eq
>go back to SHP9500's
>wtf there's no bass
>that's right i nerfed the bass with the eq
>check eq
>it's flat/reset itselt to default
>enragedpepe.png
>>
>>59280337
I've had Stock VE Monks and Chinklux 681's. You can't say 9500's have no bass.
>>
>>59277618
Can I have the other headphones tans too
>>
If I get a usb to aux adapter, will i get better sound than just using the back port of my pc? Don't have money for usb headphones right now.
>>
>>59280393
It is lacking though. I listened to Spill - Foo Fighters, and it is quite apparent that the SHP9500's are lacking bass. The song was missing its punch and some sections sounded awful because it was missing it's dynamic range.

The SHP9500's have very good clarity and soundstage, but definitely need some bass
>>
>>59280442
That's kinda how I felt about my 681's so I got 668B's. They're definitely better for music that need a little extra bass.
>>
>>59280436
Is there something wrong with the sound coming out of your onboard?
>>
Anyone have a EQ profile for bass heavy headphones?

Anyone own Sony MDR-M1's? What EQ profile(s) do you use?

Seriously need to reduce the bass on my MDR-RNC10's
>>
Is a FiiO E10K good enough to drive a AKG K712?

Can't get Schiit products in my country without paying our the arse for them
>>
>>59278562
No thanks, schill.
>>
>>59280436
Probably not. A USB adapter just bypasses the DAC/Amp in your motherboard with an external DAC/Amp. A headphone can't run off true USB. Its the same conversion. Though often in worse headsets or adapters, they use cheaper components, or worse circuitry. So no, not inherently better or worse. Cheap adapters can often have background noise like hiss or aliasing.
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 318x135px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 318x135px
>>59280529
This seems to work for now, but anyone with advice on how to tune bass heavy headphones
>>
>>59280616
Yes, It'll work fine. If you can get monoprice stuff where you live, the MDA is better, but I'd assume you cant if you cant get schiit stuff either.
>>
>Budget
100ish

>Location
US

>Source
Phone

>Type of headphone
Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
As high as possible since I'll be wearing them 6+ hours at a time, but isolation and audio quality take higher priority.

>Sound signature
Prefer dark

>Past headphones
VMODA Crossfade LP - I loved the bass level, but they were quite muddy.
>>
Are the terms used by professional reviewers to describe sound quality meaningful, objective, and well defined, or a bunch of useless pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo?
>Their key strengths are insight and balance.
>The level of clarity is such that instruments and vocals, while not as explicit as we might like, are apparent enough to paint a fairly detailed picture.
>Leading edges are solid enough to do the job.
>The top end is never hard and the midrange is fairly direct.
>Then there’s the matter of timing. The [products] have a firm grasp of rhythm, and while we’ve heard more agile headphones, they do a good job of conveying the snap of [song].

How much of this is real and how much is making shit up like wine tasters? What does it even mean for headphones to be "agile" or have "insight"?
>>
Anyone know anything about TAKSTAR HI1200 IEMs ? Need some new IEMs the are <50 euros, if those are shit, can anyone recommend anything else ? in line mic is a huge plus since I'll use them with my phone mostly
>>
>>59281232
Just bullshit most of the time. That said, other than measurements and citing amplitude in each area, you don't have much way of describing sound. Its a complex subjective topic. Audio is a fucked world. Stick to basic shit, and look at measurements and you should be okay. A headphone having 'agility' or 'insight' is fucking retarded though.
>>
>>59281269
I found the soundstage quite wide. The imaging was plenty analytical, and yet melodical. Bass felt very fast. Overall very resolving and punchy.
>>
>>59280825
Detachable cable is also a requirement.
>>
>Budget
<$200

>Location
US

>Source
PC will get a DAC/AMP if required

>Type of headphone
Open

>Comfort level
High

>Sound signature
Neutral to warm but not too bassy

>Past headphones
M50
>>
>>59281580
>The imaging was plenty analytical and yet melodical
How can imaging be 'analytical' or 'melodical'? Imaging is just how well it makes you percieve detail in a mental environment. Its either bad or good.
>>
>>59282295
>Imaging is just how well it makes you percieve detail in a mental environment
Sorry, didn't really type that out correctly

Meant more like:
Imaging is just how well it makes you perceive sounds in a mental 3D space
>>
A local store has hd 569. Are they any good? Should I get them?
Before you suggest it I cant buy online cause I live in shit country.
>>
Is koss still a good brand?
>>
>>59282295
My post was a joke. I just threw in some audiophile babble.
>>
>hd598 se are 220€ where I live
Should I go for m40x, or are there any better in the price range?
>>
>>59282577
Go try them in store.

>>59282655
Brands are mostly irrelevant for 'audiophile' headphones. Just go by the actual headphone models. Sennheiser makes both shit and good stuff, same for AKG, Sony, Beyer and pretty much anything else. Koss is no exception.

Their Porta Pro series, and their KC75's are great, along with some of their newer iterations.
>>
Thinkin about getting an LCD2, but haven't looked at the market much in a few years. Anything similar to the LCD but better? Not fond of the EL8.
>>
>>59282908
Oh, for budget let's say 2k. I'll go more if it's WAY better, but I know for example I'd much rather have an LCD2 than LCD3 at any price.

Needs to be orthoplanar and ruler flat down to 0hz. Not even the slightest dip in subbass. That's why the EL8 is ruled out.
>>
I want to get my first DAC/amp, is the E10k a good choice?
>>
>>59283121
If you can't get a Fulla 2, yes, the E10k is good. Micca Origen+ also is.
>>
>>59283142
I can get a Fulla 2, but I've heard bad things about shipping Schiit products to Canada (duty fees and such).
>>
>>59283193
Not sure about duty fees. Do some research. Either ask your postal service or ask schiit directly.
>>
>>59282937
>Needs to be orthoplanar
See, I know what you want to say, but that's a mishmash of terms.
"Ortho" refers to a trademark(originally meaning straight or flat), planar just means flat. Planar would also refer to all the electrostatic headphones I can think of (Sony, AT, Beyer, Senn, Koss, Stax, AKG, etc.) as well as the usual dynamic models.
>flat down to 0hz
Static pressure, DC signal. This requires a hermetic seal. Watch out for limit cycles!
If you're going to be obsessive about this, it would be tricky to do this without waxing your sides.
>Not even the slightest dip in subbass
>That's why the EL8 is ruled out.
There are many problems with EL-8 depending on the secret revisions, and subbass isn't one of them. If anything, the EL-8 is better at flatness than the LCD-2.
As far as construction concerns go, may as well consider the LCD-X. Less likely to crack the frame.
>>
My bose oe2 just died
Does anyone know something similar sub €40
>>
File: 170307-CanJamSNG.jpg (1MB, 701x3194px) Image search: [Google]
170307-CanJamSNG.jpg
1MB, 701x3194px
>>
>>59282937
>>59284372
A flat raw response in the bass is not perceived flat. LCD-2 are not flat, but rolled off.
>>
>>59277696
They are not underrated though, created a lot of fuss back in the day, people only don't talk that much about it because it's no longer being produced.
>>
>>59284536
Why do their lowest end products look the most aesthetically appealing? Everything on that page just looks retarded.
>>
>>59284587
I care about graphed flatness, not perceived flatness.
>>
Had my FiiO e10k for a week and the blue indicator light no longer works. I messaged FiiO on head-fi and they said the light is an indicator of the device working properly and to ask the seller for a replacement.

I ordered it off Amazon and to send it back will probably cost half as much ad the fucking FiiO.

Fuck FiiO, never buying their shit again.
>>
File: autism.png (1MB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
1MB, 800x474px
>>59285126
>>
>>59285189
An anechoic chamber is the only proper listening environment, man. Fuck emulating speakers in a room.
>>
>>59285126
>I care how the graph looks, not how it sounds
jesus
>>
File: jetblack_V2.png (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jetblack_V2.png
56KB, 600x600px
What is the best headphone, and why is it Beats by Dr Dre Solo 3?
>>
File: hpg2.png (880KB, 1780x600px) Image search: [Google]
hpg2.png
880KB, 1780x600px
Good morning, /hpg/.

>>59285047
The higher end products probably are inspired by some of those expensive speakers that are weird shaped and have a similar gold and silver look. Running a google image search on 'expensive speakers' will show you this.
>>
>>59284587
>A flat raw response in the bass is not perceived flat.
Not quite, no.
>LCD-2 are not flat, but rolled off.
Not particularly.

>>59285198
Anechoic chambers are insufficiently lossy at low frequencies. They are rated as anechoic down to a certain frequency.
If you don't want to listen in the middle of a stadium, try going outside.
Just no DC pressurization.
>>
>>59285211
I like the sound of an absolutely flat line on a graph, far more than one that's perceived flat. The treble is absolutely grating on "perceived flat" headphones.

Dynamics and electrostats are out since the bass extension drops off, they do fun boomy bass, but suck at anything deeper.

The LCD2 is, by far, the best headphone I've heard in person. I just want to know if anything released in the last few years does the same thing, but better.
>>
>>59285161
Bought chink, got chink.

There are alternatives actually made in murika.
>>
File: 1488459546266.webm (2MB, 640x440px) Image search: [Google]
1488459546266.webm
2MB, 640x440px
>Budget
~350€
>Location
Europe
>Source
Fiio Olympus 2
>Type of headphone
Full sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Very good, will be wearing them for long periods of time (work). I don't mind buying some additionnal pads if it means I can enhance comfort, I have huge ears by the way
>Sound signature
Neutral, don't mind if it's a little warm or bassy
>Past headphones
ATH M50
>>
>>59285544
Yeah, Fulla 2, but it's $100 vs. e10k which is $55.
>>
>>59285378
>Dynamics
The LCD-2 is dynamic.
>electrostats
>the bass extension drops off
That's more of an implementation issue than anything else, but sure, electrostatic headphones in general are hopelessly leak intolerant.

>"perceived flat"
I really don't think you or >59284587 have a clue what "perceived flat" is.
We can still find a headphone that generally nullifies the modulus of the HRTF, whatever that is.
The one that come to my mind first is the MrSpeakers Mad Dog, now out of production. The next one, with more low end roll off, is the PMx2.
>>
>>59286129
You know what the fuck I mean. Cone shaped dynamics.

You're the kinda motherfucker who says "today" to "what day is it".
>>
>>59286129
>I really don't think you or >59284587 have a clue what "perceived flat" is.
What makes you think I don't have a clue?
>>
>>59280031
Because theyre worth every penny
>>
>>59286129
I do have an alpha dog, btw. It's nowhere near perfect, but for closed back it's damn good. My favorite headphone that I own easily.
>>
>>59280031
I have X1s. Love em. The X2 are better. Buy them now.
>>
>>59282805
Status CB-1/Somic MM185
>>
How Can Headphones Be Neutral When Our Ears Aren't Neutral
>>
Please tell me the madman selling those K712 for $35 did not do it again.

I'm still mad.
>>
>>59285588
here, I can have the X2 for 200€, should I just go for it? I wonder in the Massdrop x AKG K7XX would be a better choice (same price)/
>>
>>59286546
I want him to fuck up again for more K712's
>>
>>59286732
How many did you buy?

And it is worse when you did not notice it until it was too late. Then again, doesn't those K712 require a special amp so they don't sound like utter shit?
>>
>>59286767
I didn't buy any as I was too late. They don't a special amp, just a decent amount of power do sound good and scales well on better amps.
>>
>>59285690
Sometimes it's best to buy the schiit rather than try to save money buying some chink shit, and then find out it sounds shitty or that it breaks after a couple months of use.
>>
>>59287366
Not even a couple of months...a fucking week.
>>
>>59287366
It sucks that the chink shit that actually competes with regular stuff is priced virtually the same. Even applies to superlux desu
>>
File: sadasdasdasdasd.png (7KB, 746x306px) Image search: [Google]
sadasdasdasdasd.png
7KB, 746x306px
>budget
~70$
>location
bulgaria
>source
laptop
>open or closed
closed
>comfort level
top (8hr use)
>sound signature
neutral
>past headphones
none
>>
EqualizerAPO just randomly stopped working on my E10K. It worked before and it works on every other device. What the fuck is this? I already tried everything in the audio options.
>>
>>59288386
Oh, just had to run the configurator again.
>>
File: 1485265876001.png (216KB, 460x470px) Image search: [Google]
1485265876001.png
216KB, 460x470px
How do 30€ earbuds like Sennheiser CX 300 II isolate compared to 100-200€ closed headphones like Sennheiser hd 280/380?

Maybe any other recommendations for earbuds below 50€ with good isolation?
>>
I'm thinking about getting a pair of Hifiman HE-400i for 350 CAD.
Are they any good? Would a Fulla 2 be enough to drive them correctly?
>>
>>59288733
They're earbuds vs headphones, can't really make a valid comparison ..
>>
>>59288269
Status CB-1/Somic MM185, NVX XPT100.
>>
>>59288733
I own the CX 300 II, they're ok.
>>
>>59288826
I want to know how they compare in blocking out noise coming from the outside and not sound quality or anything like that.
I heard in ears are a lot better for that purpose than closed headphones.
>>
>>59288888
>I heard in ears are a lot better for that purpose than closed headphones.
They're pretty much earplugs, so of course they are.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-27+at+08.39.39).png (10KB, 534x176px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-27+at+08.39.39).png
10KB, 534x176px
>>59280825
>>59281624
HD 598 Cs. You can get them used on Amazon, or for a decent price on ebay

They're extremely comfortable. They're closed and will still leak a little bit of sound, which goes without saying, but there are people like pic related after all.

I bought a nicer cable for mine. Not necessary or anything, but it's worth mentioning

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphones/dp/B00KAKBHKM
>>
Any opinions on Sennheiser
>CX 300-II Precision
>CX 1.00
>CX 3.00
CX 300-II are the cheapest and seems to have the highest msrp and that's basically all I know about them
>>
>>59289978
The CX 3.00 are on sale on amazon.ca for $44 CDN if you're in canadaland. I'd say go for those over the CX 300B MK II
>>
>>59290061
Not canadian, the prices for me are
>CX 300-II for 33euros
>CX 1.00 for 46 euros
>CX 3.00 for 54 euros
I'm leaning towards the 300, since 1.00 just seem cheaply made from the photos and 3.00 is just too expensive I guess
The only contender I think off is JVC HA-FX102/FR202 as I've heard good things about FX101, they're both a fair bit cheaper and with a possibility of in line mic
Basically CX 300-II Precision or JVC HA-FR202
>>
>>59289978
Senns IEM line is consumer grade garbage that will break within a year of purchase. Don't spend too much on them.
>>
>>59289302
I'm also considering the 598c. Any significant downsides to it? I'm going to be using it for gaming, and some heavier music. I see it's about $10 off right now. I've got it in my cart but still not quite sure if I want to cash out. Any particular reason for the aftermarket cable btw?
>source
Motherboard
>>
>>59287366
> Falling for the dacs/amps sound different meme
> Recommending shit
> le chink shit le breaks le meme
Consider killing yourself and shoving your suggestions up your ass.
>>
>>59290819
Narrow soundstage. The cable is probably for durability or aesthetics.
>>
>>59290819
They sound alright. Not amazing, but satisfactory. I got a good deal on them for $99 back on Black Friday. I'm not sure I would pay much more for them than that, but there's a "Used - Very Good" one on Amazon for $76 that sounds like a good deal to me. I think the short cable with the in-line mic and terminating into TRRS may have had an effect on sound quality, so I replaced it with that $12 cable I mentioned before (and it does look nice). I was using them daily for gaming and music ever since I got them, and have been happy with them up until I upgraded to some HD 650s just the other day after that $300 sale.
>>
do I need a DAC to drive the K7xx or can i just plug it directly into my computer?
>>
>>59291291
You'll need an amp unless you're fine with whispers on your onboard.
>>
>>59291344
whats a good amp then, preferably cheap
>>
>>59291376
Fulla 2, E10K or Monoprice amp
>>
>>59291376
Fiio Olympus 2
>>
>>59288733
From what I've tested, IEMs offer better isolation.

>Maybe any other recommendations for earbuds below 50€ with good isolation?
If you're on a budget and/or satisfied with your current IEMs, why not try ordering some cheap foam tips from aliexpress/ebay?
>>
>>59291344
what do you mean by whispers?
>>
>>59291646
He means it probably won't get loud enough.
>>
Which is better in general.
Fidelio X2s
K7XX
DT770s
I would mainly be listening to hard rock and vidya.
>>
>>59291755
Would also like to keep everything under 300 (including modmic and possibly dac if needed)
>>
File: IZIEfQx.gif (2MB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
IZIEfQx.gif
2MB, 432x432px
Looking for a new pair of running headphones

>Budget
Less than $40
>Location
USA
>Source
Nexus 6P
>Type of headphone
Earbuds or IEMs
>Comfort level
Maximum Comfy
>Sound signature
Neutral
>Past headphones
MEE audio Sport-Fi M6 - What I am currently using at the gym but the cord is coming apart.
>>
>>59291755
In terms of comfortability
>>
Can't decide on Fidelio X2s for AU$300 or AKG K712 for AU$350 + DAC/AMP for AU$110
>>
File: porta.png (486KB, 2880x1317px) Image search: [Google]
porta.png
486KB, 2880x1317px
How are the Porta Pro's, they seem oddly attracting and the price isn't that bad [pic related]

https://www.koss.com/headphones/on-ear-headphones/porta-pro-limited-edition-black-gold
>>
>>59292003
They're tiny and feel flimsy but easily compete soundwise with $100 offerings of many kinds. Spend five bucks and put some better pads on them though.
>>
>>59290122
Just get the CX300-II then.
>>
>>59291866
K7XX are super comfy but the sound is plain disappointing. They were the first nice headphones I ever bought, back in the very first massdrop run of them and I sold them after a week.
>>
>>59292036
thanks I think I just might get them
>>
>>59292059
What about the x2s vs the dt770s?
>>
>>59292003
They sound good and they're really light weight. The hook thing on the right side does kinda hurt my ear tho, but i assume it can be fixed with thiccer pads.
>>
>>59292110
Never owned either, and I don't like to comment on stuff I haven't listened to.
>>
>>59292222
I have the Monster DNA on ear headphones [link related] as a gift and I enjoy them they are just a little to flashy and I'd like some options. I came accros the Porta Pros on /g/ early but never got around to asking the guy about them. Thanks for your feedback I'll probably get them and then decide if they need thicker pads

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUSK1X0/ref=twister_B00AEDX8CK
>>
>>
>>59292739
SE535 is an even bigger why.
>>
>>59292813
I'm considering to buy them, what's wrong with them?
>>
>>59292937
Too dark due to lack of gain from 2 KHz and up hence the even bigger why. Audibly lacks bandwidth or "air". Extremely sensitive, hard to find a source that won't emit audible hiss with them.
>>
I'm shopping open back cans these days
I Goddamn love educating myself on tech I didn't know that much about
>>
>>59293038
Be careful with your research. So much bs around in audio things.
>>
I am new to amps and when they are worth it and when they are not. I basically only listen to music on headphones and sometimes game with them on. Most of my music comes from a Youtube playlist but I often buy CDs to support artists (and because I like physical copies).

Is an amp worth the money for someone like me or not?
If so, how do I know what to look for/what to stay away from?
>>
File: peace.png (47KB, 1203x581px) Image search: [Google]
peace.png
47KB, 1203x581px
>>59292739
I will make them sound good, I have the technology.
>>
>>59280054
for the uninformed please tell us why and what to get instead
>>
I need a DAC to pair with my OPPO-PM3s for my phone. The bass is really lacking compared to using them with a receiver. Any suggestions?
>>
>>59293714
Use a diesel generator and take the receiver with you. Don't fall for the portable jew.
>>
Not an expert on audio, but I just got some 9500s based on /g/ advice and they're pretty great. Would recommend.
>>
>>59288738
>Hifiman HE-400i
>Would a Fulla 2 be enough to drive them correctly?

Yes.

https://www.audiobot9000.com/match/hifiman/he-400i/with/schiit/fulla-2
>>
>>59294078
Impressive that you were still inspired to purchase them after the high amount of trolling.

They're fine headphones, enjoy them, and then eventually become curious about what more is out there, committing yourself to a life of audiophile hell.
>>
>>59294866
> committing yourself to a life of audiophile hell.

Still better than getting into this _and_ idol hell at the same time.
>>
>>59293417
Do your headphones play music loud enough for you? If so, you don't need an amp.
Is there an audible hiss coming from your headphones when plugged in? If there is then you could benefit from a dac/amp combo, otherwise you don't need one.
>>
What's the point of sample rates >40000Hz?

I don't care about 50kHz sine waves tbqh.
>>
>>59295218
For the most discerning of audiophile dolphins.
>>
>>59295218
Young humans can reach ~30kHz.

48KHz (yielding 24KHz max) which mostly standard in computer software is reasonable. 192KHz is silly.
>>
>>59294078
now you need some bass cannons.
>>
any word of how the monolith m1060s are?
>>
>>59277618
This girl is doing .. things .. to my penis.
>>
>>59295218
Sampling theory indicates perfect reconstruction with the use of a ideal low pass filter.
Real D-A conversion filters operate with a less sharp cutoff to suppress imaging. The overhead beyond 20 kHz is intended as a transition range for the filter to really kick in and strongly reject out of band artifacts.
>I don't care about 50kHz sine waves tbqh.
More bandwidth to relax stopband attenuation order. Oversampling would have solved, or at least mollify, that issue as is normally done in practice.

>>59295607
>Young humans can reach ~30kHz.
The threshold for detection of a stimulus for both upper and lower frequency limits operates much like a LPF and HPF filter respectively; the hearing range can be taken somewhat analogous to a bandpass filtered spectrum. In this way, we can play games of audibility of a sine wave with select teenaged girls discerning tones at 25kHz played back at 140 dB SPL or greater.

What is regularly observed in hearing thresholds and loudness perception with very high audio frequency tones (>15 KHz) is a very steep cutoff for the upper frequency threshold.
You could more fairly make a case for "infrasonic" audibility, the detection threshold of which is subject to a far more gentle cutoff and don't decrease near as rapidly with age and cochlear damage.
>>
>>59285322
So many people with the X2's. Do they live upto the hype
>>
File: LOL.jpg (789KB, 4000x2347px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
789KB, 4000x2347px
>>59277696
>>
>>59298510
No
>>
>>59279943
So I've pretty much decided on Soundmagic E30. Any input before I buy them?
>>
>>59298743
It says its uncorrected.
>>
>>59298510
Yes
>>
File: 81kSEwsjpML._SL1500_.jpg (416KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81kSEwsjpML._SL1500_.jpg
416KB, 1500x1500px
I already bought my headphones but I'm curious how much /hpg/ thinks I fucked up.

>V-Moda Crossfade M-100 + XL pads
>BoomPro Mic
>Fiio E07k

I went with them since I don't consider myself an audiophile and just want my music to sound fun. I listen to mostly pop, rock, and EDM. Also I've bought V-Moda earbuds before and was very pleased with them, especially the build quality.

I do have an actual question though. Are there any good DAC/amps that I can plug my BoomPro mic directly into for both good audio and mic support?
>>
>>59299213
Naw you did fine. Dont think there are any DAC/amps that take input as well.
>>
>>59299213
Sounds pretty good.
>Are there any good DAC/amps that I can plug my BoomPro mic directly into for both good audio and mic support?
I think you can with the creative e1, but that's meant as a portable amp.
>>
>>59299238
>>59299257
Do you know of any cheap solutions then that won't sound like crap? Whenever I need to chat I switch over to the adapter that came with my HyperX Cloud IIs but that has a constant crackling. It's not noticeable when I'm gaming but I watch movies with friends online and it can be annoying then. I'd be willing to spend ~30 bucks for one that doesn't crackle.
>>
>>59299304
You should be able to just get a combo 3.5 to audio/mic splitter, and then just plug the audio into a DAC, and the mic into your motherboard.
>>
>>59299316
I tried that but I got horrible interference. I don't think it was a cable designed for chat/audio though so maybe that was the problem.
>>
Are AKG K701's worth the money or are they a meme?

They're like half price on Amazon right now, so i seriously consider buying them.
>>
>>59299398
K612 is better.
>>
>>59299328
You could try a ground loop isolator, there's one for like $10 on amazon. You could also get a different mic that doesn't plug into the headphones.
>>
I'm trying to decide on a good pair of portable headphones. I'm tired of shitty earbuds. Right now I'm looking at the Grado SR80e and the Koss Portapro. I'll be on the subway a lot and stuff and the Grados are open back and might let a lot of sound in. Any recs my dudes? How are the portapros if anyone has a pair.
>>
>>59299864
budget?

I'd recommend bose qc25 noise cancelling headphones.
>>
File: Sennheiser HD 598.jpg (149KB, 1215x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sennheiser HD 598.jpg
149KB, 1215x1500px
Should i get this, i found them for 2345MXN (120 dollars) on amazon mx
>>
>>59300061
Yes
>>
File: IMG_20170308_045324.jpg (203KB, 1435x1809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170308_045324.jpg
203KB, 1435x1809px
People in this general seem to hold the HD 600 on a pedestal. (Yes, I know it also gets debated a lot)
Just throwing this out there for anybody looking for cans in this price range. Still too high end for me though, especially with needing an amp.
>>
>>59300367
Garbage build quality for 300 dollar headphones, their cheaper 598's are built much better>>59300061
>>
>>59300404
You mean garage build quality for a $400 headphone? It just happens to be on sale from one retailer right now.
Funny that the 598 keeps popping up ITT by the way. I'm mulling over getting that (cs) or akg k553. Same price. I like the neutral sound my current k240 has, but the bass is a bit piss weak.
>>
>>59293417
Does depend on the headphones and source.

If the headphones are low sensitivity, you'll need the GAIN of an amp to reach reasonable volume. e.g.: Sennheiser HD600.

If the headphones are not very efficient (low dB SPL/mW) or have high impedance, you'll need the POWER of an amp to avoid distortion by not being able to draw enough current from your source.

If the headphones have a weird impedance vs frequency curve (eg: Sennheiser HD598), you'll need the POWER of an amp to avoid strange response (generally manifested as sweet/bad sounding spots in the volume range).

If your source sucks (e.g.: bad isolation causing high noise floor, typical issue in motherboard audio), then you'll need an external DAC.

My honest suggestion is to grab a cheap usb-based dac+amp with extra line-in (for amp-only), like the schiit fulla2, and stop worrying about these things.

This site might be helpful (example HD600+fulla2):
https://www.audiobot9000.com/match/sennheiser/hd-600/with/schiit/fulla-2

You'd generally want enough power to be able to reach at minimum 105dB, and preferably 110+.
>>
>>59300061
Hell yes.

>>59300404
Their usual retail is $150, not $300, and it's pretty good build.

I own the non-se, know someone who owns the se, have seen/compared both and the only difference is the se are black.
>>
>>59300430
Keep in mind the cs are an entirely different set altogether. They use the same driver as the HD380 Pro. The FR plot is very different than the open HD598.
>>
File: 5637453456.png (1MB, 1881x780px) Image search: [Google]
5637453456.png
1MB, 1881x780px
Considering the 600 and 650 is shilled so hard should i just get one of them? I'm curious as to how they sound.
>>
>>59299864
Far from expert, but I've read that portapros aren't good at all at noise canceling
>>
File: 51b2yia5jojy.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
51b2yia5jojy.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>59296185
http://cdn.head-fi.org/0/0a/900x900px-LL-0a180dff_2017-03-0512.44.15.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/9/9b/900x900px-LL-9b4d5ad2_M1060_Crack.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/b/ba/900x900px-LL-ba5a0a5b_IMG_3744-1.jpeg
http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/e0/900x900px-LL-e01bd086_qbeETUm.jpeg
sennheiser tier build quality
avoid/10
>>
Anyone know anything about HD599, are they just improved case and complectation of HD598 or do the drivers differ too ?
>>
>>59288733
CX 300 II with the noise canceling foam tips is what I use for flights. I haven't have any closed back cans isolate as well.
>>
>>59301626
I've heard the 600 sounds very similiar to a 400i with a little more rolled off bass and treble.
>>
>>59300430
The AKG K553 is at best, a headphone that cannot be tried blind. Or, it's just a shitty headphone design if you want to be more disparaging of it. The user response will vary from V-shaped with strong bass and highs, to just strong highs with no bass.

>>59301626
>>59300367
Personally, I don't find them so remarkable.
Anyway, most promotion is done by a handful of posters who love their gear too much. in the case of the 598SE/600, that would be >59300621, because no one else actually likes the HD 598.
HD600 has notable limitations as a headphone, mostly to do with the weak bass performance, and nowhere near perfect. Still very noticeably colored, but less so than many other headphones.

>>59300621
Efficiency and power are two specs that are of very limited use to the end user. Loudspeaker efficiency in particular has almost nothing to do with anything.
>or have high impedance, you'll need the POWER
No. Power is a convenient way to tie together voltage and current.
But, power restrictions are not particularly useful as the device output is rarely directly constrained by thermal output, or able to output its nominal maximum voltage and current at once. We are not concerned with transformers, and the devices are not built to output steady power.
>weird impedance vs frequency curve (eg: Sennheiser HD598)
No.
It's a conventional moving coil design, with significant inductance and electromagnetic damping component. The HD518 line has less of a mechanical lossy component than most other headphones models, but not very unusual.
>>
>>59301837
>>59301895
Hmm, i see there isn't a need then. Thanks.
>>
Would it be advisable to encode music using a low-pass filter in order to mitigate the nauseating effects of top-heavy studio monitor headphones?
>>
>>59302026
>encode music using a low-pass filter

Please don't. If you really need to, just use EQ on playback.
>>
File: 61286840_p0.jpg (955KB, 885x1254px) Image search: [Google]
61286840_p0.jpg
955KB, 885x1254px
Fiio X5 â…¢ is now on sale on Amazon!
Go check it out!
>>
>>59302430
forgot pic
>>
>>59302447
you didn't forget, you posted faggy anime bullshit
>>
>>59302430
You tried it out personally yet? We stress tested one out and kinda lagged a lot
>>
>>59302466
No. I'm just doing a promotion.
It's absolutely the best looking DAP on this price range though
>>
>>59301837
>400i
Not really. Has noticeable midbass lift. Has significantly more boost around the 1-5kHz, whereas the 400i is recessed. 600 can be slightly emphasized around the lower treble,
400i does tend to have a local maximum around 8-10kHz. Not sure if it breaks past the midrange.

>>59302026
>Would it be advisable
No. It would be very inadvisable.
"Top-heavy" headphone are generally not, they are dominated by or two spikes in the upper frequency range. All of them are also characterized by broad and deep plunges in the upper frequencies as well.
Just hit the peaks that you can directly.
>>
>>59293439
Nigga that was a raw response plot. You just made them worse.
>>
>>59302528
There's still the DP-X1, but yeah it was pretty good
>>
Sennheiser is as poo in the loo garbage as AMD
>>
>>59302999
so they're actually really good ?
>>
>>59303152
>RYPOO NOT EVEN ONCE
Nice post pajeet AMDrone
>>
>>59303335
>AMD only makes CPUs
>RYZEN is bad because muh gaymes get less fps
>>
>>59300014
Not too expensive. Probably sub 100. I spend most of my listening time at home with my bookshelves and m50xs. Just something a step up from earbuds but still decent. That's why I'm considereing the SR80es, but they're open back and leak and let in a ton of sound.
>>
File: 123121.jpg (253KB, 1200x740px) Image search: [Google]
123121.jpg
253KB, 1200x740px
What happened with the AKG Q701 ?
It is out of stock in alot of stores in France.
Is there a new one coming out ?

Is it good ? I can have one on sale.
>>
>>59289302
>>59290819

I just found out closed back 598 is a thing

Why would anyone ever? They've always been touted for their massive sound stage
>>
>>59303887
because it makes them more money than not doing that, simple as that
also
>I've heard that Sennheiser HD 598 are really good but I don't like open back
>don't worry goy, we got you covered
>>
>>59303912
Also no pun intended
>>
>>59303912
Well that's silly

Does the overall design on the headphones even work as closed back?
>>
>>59304109
IIRC they even use different drivers
>>
Got myself this bad boy after my x-box huge head broke my >gaming headphones once again.

What's the next step? Do i need a Dac and Amp? It has a huge cable with a 6.5mm, there's an adapter and i plugged it into the onboard sound on my desktop. Do Dac/Amp exist which i can build into the computer?
>>
I have a vintage pair of AKG headphones that sounds pretty good to me. I'm pretty certain that it's the k 121.
They're on ear though, which makes them uncomfortable to me as a glasses wearer.
Would the k240 or k240 mkII be similar to those in terms of sound?

I just want something semi open or open at around €100, over ear. I think I want something pretty flat. definitely not excessively bright though.
>>
File: 5RXHYNa.jpg (66KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
5RXHYNa.jpg
66KB, 900x598px
Is it normal that my HD650s have very noticeable background hiss when connected straight to my PC? Without Amp/DAC. My DT990s sound good btw.
>>
>Budget
$75-$100 CAD
>Location
Canada
>Source
Computer and phone
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
I'm not sure what this means, someone please enlighten me
>Comfort level
Ideally high, I have sensitive ears
>Sound signature
Neutral with a bit heavier on the bass
>Past headphones
BassBuds; sound was great, but the durability sucked
>>
>>59304191
Grab a DAC+AMP like the Fulla 2.

HD650 are low sensitivity. They won't get very loud without the gain of an amp.

They're also high impedance; an amp is best to power them. The low sensitivity helps here: It's because of that (forcing you into low volume), that they're usable on a non-amp'd source.
>>
>>59304109
They use HD380 Pro drivers.

The only HD598 thing they have is the name.
>>
>>59304687
Can you recommend one that's on amazon? I literally know nothing about Amps and Dacs (except what they actually do) so i can not compare anything.
>>
Are the K702 much more detailed than the K612? Can anyone with them both or who's tried them both compare their sound in general?
>>
>>59304793
They're less accurate and thus less detailed.
>>
>>59293714
OPPO HA-2
>>
>>59304705
I've heard they were based on the HD 569
>>
File: Aune_x1s.jpg (99KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Aune_x1s.jpg
99KB, 1000x563px
ordered pic related last night, did I do good? I was drunk at the time and am kinda regretting it desu, it's a lot of money to me

I don't even need it right now, but I've been on the lookout for a dac/amp combo that'll last me through a few headphone upgrades
>>
>>59277650
Artist is morisawa haruyuki
>>
File: 1451121813601.png (18KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451121813601.png
18KB, 200x200px
Are these good? I ordered them just now. It seems like they are better than Vsonic GR06 and almost as good as 07 which costs 120$.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381659027557?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=650730873631&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>>
>>59304744
Buy a fulla 2, almost everything on Amazon won't be as cost effective
>>
>>59304578
Makes sense, the more power you need it into them the more hiss you'll get. Get an external DAC/amp and all your problems will be solved.
>>
Are there any documented specs for the Classic 47 amp or is the power output dependent on the power adapter?
>>
>>59304578
Does the amount of hiss vary with how much you stress the computer? I've had this problem before and i could audiably tell when the program i was using crashed because the hissing dropped in tone.
>>
>>59301677
bump ?
>>
Hello.
Switching from Headset to Headphones + stand alone microphone for competitive gaming.

After reading a few guides and listening to people, I came up with either purchasing the Seinheiser 650 HD open back or the Fidelio X2.
Any audiophile here can help me pick between the 2, because for 400 bucks I want to make sure I pick the right one. (Or has any specific suggestion)

Thank you.
>>
>>59305410
Waste of money
T. Actual musician
>>
>>59306190
Get the sennheiser hd 700

It's only a couple more bucks than the 650 and you get a whole extra 50.
>>
>>59306190
>spending too much money on things you don't understand
also open back isn't perfect for gayming, went to a LAN party with my HD558, might as well wouldn't have taken any headphones at all
>>
>>59306201
How so? I've read the DAC in it is great..

Also, I don't value your opinion any higher because you play an instrument.
>>
>>59306190
If you're paying 400 for X2's your getting ripped off
>>
Just got my ISK HF-2010/Takstar 2050's in the mail today, some initial observations:

Bass is tighter than expected, not muddy but still elevated.
Treble isn't piercing like I was worried about with cheaper headphones, not grainy from my first impressions.
Mids are a bit more recessed than I'd like, probably fixable with EQ.

The comfort on these is great though, just enough clamp and the pads feel good even with thick glasses.
The comfort alone might lead me to keep them even if the sound isn't perfect and the cable sucks.
>>
>>59306190
Fidelio X2 + BoomPro
>>
>>59306258
>things you don't understand
Which is why I'm here.
>also open back isn't perfect for gayming
huh, been told the opposite. Since I live in my own place I was thinking open wouldn't be too bad aswell.

>>59306560
it was an approximation, the Seinheiser is around 400 so I just put whatever number I had on top of my head.

>>59306696
BoomPro?
>>
>>59306778
>huh, been told the opposite. Since I live in my own place I was thinking open wouldn't be too bad aswell.

Then open will be fine, as long as you're not using them around people open is usually better.
>>
>>59306778
In your own home alone, yes, open back is great, but you said competitive gaming, which I would imagine, includes LAN meetings and such, or playing with your team etc
Basically if you have background noise, you're fucked
Also don't spend 400$ on the first ever headphones what the fuck
>>
File: 1473949360957.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473949360957.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
>>59305410
Should've bought the NFB-11
>>
>>59307046
damn, I was about to but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how
>>
>Budget
~75$ Canadian
>Location
Canada
>Source
Onboard audio from Mobo
>Type of headphone
Preferably over-ear, yanno, no earbuds, preferably something I could connect a modmic (or similar) to
>Open or closed
no preference
>Comfort level
I'd prefer them to be comfy, as I'd likely be wearing them for 2-6 hours at a time
>Sound signature
no idea, balanced I suppose
>Past headphones
Powerbeats 2 (they were a gift, I suppose I don't *hate* them), some random no name brand headphones that I got for free, no box or label, they're uncomfortable as hell but could sound worse

I'll be using them for watching movies, playing games, and occasionally listening to music, I am by no means an audiophile, though I do care about aesthetics
>>
>>59307242
SHP9500
>>
>>59307260
>CDN$ 156.97 & FREE Shipping
they might be slightly out of my budget
>>
>>59307267
huh, they're like 60 bucks in the us
>>
>>59307297
I noticed, Amazon markup I guess
>>
>>59307297
Although on newegg they're 75 CAD so I'll probably go for them
>>
>>59307326
There's also the Somic MM185 which is the OEM version of Status CB-1's
>>
Which is better for miku?
>k612 pro
>dt990 pro

I'm leaning towards the k612 because it's supposed to be comfier, but maybe the bass is a bit meh. I want the bass to really be there when it needs to, but it's not like I want overpowering muddy niggerbass. The dt990s are said to have strong highs, which scares me because I don't want my ears to get tired after 5 minutes of playing project diva (which has tons of high pitched noises)

Is the k702 much better than the 612 btw? or is it more analytical and thus not really all that comfy for my uses?
>>
Are headphones strictly better than IEMs for home use?
>>
>>59307938
Feel like that's a personal decision.
I never wear IEM's at home.
>>
>>59307938
it's all preference. I'll still occasionally grab some iems when sitting down at my desk. one thing I've found--and this is going to vary from person to person, probably--is that I seem to have to pay more to get iems I like than to get full-size headphones I like
>>
>>59307937
stab yourself in both ears with a knife you weeb
>>
Did I get trolled? People said how great these headphones were for the price but they're cheap and flimsy as hell. I'm gentle with my headphones and the left ear side is already falling apart. The sound quality is atrocious, everything is way too loud and muffled at the same time. It was only like 30 dollars so i'm not that mad but what the fuck?
>>
File: 815IjiTxZkL._SL1500_.jpg (144KB, 1500x1054px) Image search: [Google]
815IjiTxZkL._SL1500_.jpg
144KB, 1500x1054px
>>59308510
Forgot picture.
>>
>>59308510
>>59308526
1), it's a 30 dollar headphone, what did you expect
2) it look like a meme from pictures, use your head sometime and don't listen to everything people on the internet say
>>
>>59308510
>Did I get trolled?
hard
>>
>>59308537
well I didn't expect them to be as good as my old sennheiser but I thought they would be decent enough to hold me by
guess thats what I get for going cheap
never again
>>
>>59308627
at least this mistake is only 30 dollars and not anything bigger
>>
>>59277652
Etymotic MK5.
>>59277989
HD600, DT880, K702, X2.
>>59278237
Oppo PM3, amps are a meme.
>>59284587
As a former LCD-2 owner, the headphones sound bass oriented, sure the response looks flat on a graph but it has more lower midrange aka mud than your typical open dynamic meme headphones that are recommended here, now while I hate this type of sound, many enjoy it because it gives music 'weight'.

Also planar bass is a meme.
>>59291866
A tie between X2 and K7XX, DT770 has high clamping force IMO.
>>59292975
>hiss
My biggest problem with them.
>>59301626
They'd fit in your collection just fine, consider the HD600.
>>59302999
Sennheiser is the Intel/Nvidia of headphones, kiddo.
>>59303847
Just get K702, Q701 is the same thing but just with a faggy color scheme.
>>59304664
Open back headphones don't isolate your environment and it leaks sound onto your environment. Save up for a MDR-7506, Canadian prices are literal shit.
>>59304744
Just plug the HD650 straight into your motherboard?
>>59306190
As someone who plays FPS games at a very high skill level, don't fall for the audiophile headphones meme. Just get a good headset and you should be fine. The real skill is training yourself to listen, as you waste your life playing games you'd know what audio cues means in game. Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica makes gaming headsets, I usually recommend GAME ONE and GAME ZERO.
>>59306632
Poor man's DT880 and that's not a bad thing.
>>59307242
SR850
>>59307937
K612
>>59298785
It's bassy but it's good.
>>
>>59306930
>Also don't spend 400$ on the first ever headphones what the fuck

He can if he wants to, saves money in the long run anyway. I guess he probably wouldn't know the difference unless he's tried them out before, but he probably has some money burning a hole in his pocket
>>
burn in is a total myth right?
>>
>>59308737
>>59307937
i already bought the 612s before your reply, but thanks.

>>59308201
baka desu senpai
>>
>>59308894
most if not all of it is down to your brain getting used to a different sound signature
>>
>>59308894
I've heard that HD 650s become brighter and more natural over time, but after how long? I've also heard that if you were to audition both a factory new HD 650, and a """properly""" "burned in" HD 650 side by side, you would probably prefer the burned in one over the brand new one (if your hearing were acute enough to be able to tell the difference). Would you actually be able to tell the difference, though?

It's not worth worrying about, to be honest. Doing it could potentially cause permanent damage to your headphones, anyway.
>>
>>59309120
>but after how long?
When your ears get used to the sound
>>
>>59307235
you email them its not that hard
>>
>>59309145
I believe it
>>
>>59292003
ksc75s sound better, are 1/3 the price and much more comfortable.
>>
>>59300367
yeah nah. it clamps too fucking hard, the whole build feels stiff and the pads wear out within a couple years of use (it'll cost you about $60-80 to replace them!)

>>59307938
anything is better than earwax dredges.
>>
>>59309365
clean your ears you pig
>>
File: 1483448510002.gif (2MB, 448x487px) Image search: [Google]
1483448510002.gif
2MB, 448x487px
>>59300367
>300$
>wires on both sides
>>
>>59308737
I know the MC5 and MK5 have different driver sizes, how does that affect sound?
>>
File: 1448649791515.jpg (343KB, 1776x1648px) Image search: [Google]
1448649791515.jpg
343KB, 1776x1648px
>>59309065
>brain getting used to it

This is false. Nobody is listening during the burn-in process.

You give a BRIEF listening test initially, then another BRIEF listen after time has passed and the audio product has had some burn-in time. Compare the before and after.

There's no getting acclimated to the sound in this scenario.
>>
>>59309120
>Doing it could potentially cause permanent damage to your headphones, anyway.

huh? Doing what? Playing music and sound through headphones damages them? That's all "burn-in" is.
>>
>Budget
Sub $100 (Don't want to spend too much $ on this, already have m50xs. This new pair is just for going on the subway and to classes and stuff)
>Location
Oakland, California
>Source
Galaxy S7
>Type of headphone
On ear or over ear. Something portable. Tired of earbuds and the like.
>Open or closed
Closed. (The sr80es look nice but i'll be on the subway a ton and need something that will allow me to hear my music.)
>Comfort level
Decent. I just don't want them hurting my ears or head
>Sound signature
Neutral with a bit of bass. I have m50xs and stero monitors so I'm used to a neutral soundstage
>Past headphones
M50xs(had since 2015) which are perfect, xiomi piston 3s, symphonized nrg 3.0s, and some other shitty ones not worth mentioning

I just need something portable to take with me during the day and on the subway that doesn't sound too trash. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>59309513
It's a Sennheiser, the wires are split so it's easier to replace them after a couple weeks.
>>
>>59309903
M40X + DT250 Pads
>>
>>59292003
>>59292036

I love them but they definitely do not compete with good $100 headphones.
>>
File: IMG_0271.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0271.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So I have this monstrosity as a sound source. What, if anything can be done to improve the sq?
>>
>>59310679

lmao. That thing doesn't even support stereo sound, does it?
>>
>>59309799
>he doesn't listen to 100 hours of pink noise sine wave sweeps
Da fug
>>
>>59305134
Can you replace the battery on this thing?
>>
>>59310712
Yeah, it actually supports stereo
>>
File: rdg.jpg (82KB, 487x700px) Image search: [Google]
rdg.jpg
82KB, 487x700px
Philips 9500S +Yoga CD-990 for $132

or

AKG 702 (no bumps headband) $130 used

which is the better deal to go for.

source Realtek 888S and amp I guess is my Logitech Z-2300
>>
hey guys I made a telegram group for hpg if anyone is interested

https://t.me/headphone_general
>>
>>59310679
I dunno know about that source, but if you place a piece of 2mm felt over the driver it'll lower the highs, and make it sound better overall.
>>
>>59308510
did you get trolled??? nope, but if you had did some research you would have seen that Koss PortaPros break in about 3 to 6 months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMwOdrmE8Po&t=471s
>>
>>59308510
Don't they have an unlimited no questions asked lifetime warranty?
>>
File: 1485214647815.gif (951KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1485214647815.gif
951KB, 500x384px
>buy mid-hi-fi headphones for the first time ever
>ones that are well-regarded for soundstage and imaging
>eagerly try youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA
>realize how badly recorded and compressed it is
>realize how badly recorded and compressed other stuff is
>realize how badly mastered my own high bit-rate / lossless music is
>general clipping, samples with high noise floor slapped onto low noise floor
>realize my Lumia 520 is a better source than my Yoga 13
>>
>>59311344
Welcome to audiophile hell.

It gets better. You know, that android/ios phone you have? There's this game called Love Live...
>>
>>59311344
why don't you just buy a Dragonfly or Fiio.
>>
>>59309840
No, I just meant like those 12 hour ""burn in"" videos on youtube that play random frequencies that people will leave on all night long. There may not be anything to worry about if you know what you're doing, but some people go full retard from misinformation
>>
>>59311344
>>59311366
w2c lossless studio 7.1 virtual barber shop asmr
>>
>>59311344
I think this is better quality

http://qsound.com/demos/virtualbarbershop_long.htm
>>
>>59311344
Don't go in there anon, do not listen to this anon >>59311366
>>
File: 1489032060168.jpg (534KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489032060168.jpg
534KB, 1280x720px
Some /a/non is saying that we can only hear from 20Hz to 20kHz.
So why even bother with hi-res music?
Is hi-res music just a meme to milk more shekels?
>>
>>59312163
If by hi-res music you mean things like dsd and 96khz, then yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>59310395
The M40X are ~99 without tax and shipping. That's not even including the ear pads. Thank you for the recommendation though.
>>
>>59312312
Shit. Maybe Somic MM185?
>>
Budget: 260 dollars
Source: Computer, later a DAC
Type of Headphone: Over Ear
Open or Closed: Open
Comfort Level: Need to be very comfy
Sound Signature: Prefer V shaped, but something fun if not that.
Past Headphones: Chinkshit
Note: Was looking at philips x2s, yet they just jumped out of my price range. Would like something similar to those. Also need a detachable cable (For vmoda boompro mic) and need to be easy to drive.
>>
>>59312395
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PEU9CFA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATRQ56T3H9TM5
>>
>>59312412
>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PEU9CFA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATRQ56T3H9TM5
Any others?
>>
>>59312395
>>59312435
Oh sorry, I thought you wanted closed, here:
https://www.amazon.com/Philips-X2-27-Fidelio-Headphones/dp/B00O2Y2MZG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489034968&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+fidelio+x2

Comfy asf
>>
>>59312435
DT990's though be wary of the treble
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.